Filed / Tracking Logistics lagging [01497]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by AlexS, Jul 31, 2024.

1. AlexS

AlexS Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.11.7 B4480
    Mode: Survival
    DLC Installed:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: minor
    Type: Logistics

Summary: Moving stuff from one container response to another become start slowing down.

Description: When you looting POIs and putting stuff from its cargo boxes to you container controller you starting experience lag on opening cargo box and on moving stuff from cargo box to your controller. This lag starts when you have some stuff in in you controller and become worse by increasing stuff quantity.
    Same happening when you moving stuff from one controller to another on your ship.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Core POI.
    2) Open cargo box and put on left menu controller on your ship.
    3) Start looting.
    4) After few boxes you will see delay while opening boxes and while clicking arrow to move stuff. This delay will increase by having more stuff in container controller.

1) Open controller with lots of random stuff on your you ship. It will opens with delay depending how may stuff you have
    2) Move Something to this controller from another box or controller. You will see delay.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Been noticing this playing on the Anvil server (RE2). I typically have to start looting a POI into an empty box in order for it to be performant now. I will try to come up with a test case that works in vanilla MP to see if this is properly reproducible. So far my efforts to reproduce this lag in vanilla creative have failed.

I should note that the logistics delay doesn't seem to be related to loot spawning as you can sometimes feel it just by cycling through the boxes on your ship.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Even starts happening in creative (RE2, have not tested vanilla sorry) when I'm opening the H menu and I have a lot of items in my personal inventory. There will be noticable lag every time I open the item menu until I delete some of the stacks of blocks from my inventory.
    Possibly related.

If it didn't happen in vanilla I wonder if it's an issue with custom item icon loading?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I've noticed it happening on a structure with lots of food items in their boxes. I'm guessing it's related to the food decay timers.

5. AlexS

AlexS Ensign

It's actual for RE1
    I wasn't tested it on Vanilla to.

6. treker_ed

treker_ed Ensign

I'm in a creative RE2 at the moment, SP instance, and have lag all over the place with logistics lag. Even lagged doing in place upgrades of components. There was a second or two lag between pressing the mouse button to upgrade a thruster, the game registering the click of the mouse, and then firing the multi tool. There was also lag with the sound. I will give vanilla a try shortly, and see if there is any lag there (@Vermillion had no food in inventory at all so in my case not related to that)

7. AlexS

AlexS Ensign

I've tested on Vanilla creative scenario and can confirm it there. Just put random staff into container controller and it starts lagging.
    [​IMG]

ChiefSgtBradley likes this.