Looking for Custom POIs

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by MechPilot524, Jun 28, 2016.

1. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Title says it all.

The custom POIs will be deployed on the Red vs Blue server. I am currently spearheading a push to revitalize our game with custom playfields and a larger, more content-rich galaxy that does a better job of encouraging PvP territorial gameplay between three large factions.

If you know of custom POIs (please, only ones that are valid with Alpha 2.0 or newer) then link me to them - a brief Steam Workshop search has yielded nothing.
    If you make custom POIs, I'm asking for three or four POIs which will pose a significant threat to passing SVs but also have an extremely well-protected core, preferably with pathways of NPCs you can fight through.
    I am also looking for themed POIs that aren't necessarily difficult (but not easy by any stretch of the imagination) - one needs to be a facility infested by Nightmares and/or Overseers, another needs to be a facility that's home to the Croghums - a barracks or even a village or something, use your imagination - but not necessarily a military facility. Defended by some laser cannons maybe but not a heavily fortified base.
    All of these need to be terrestrial.

However, if you love making space station POIs, I have a challenge for you too.... a very large space station that has been taken over by machines and is meant to be retaken with space marines. A zone where a dropship could land and drop off a squad, etc. Think of it being defended by turret robots and armored golems. Built robustly so it can't be destroyed easily - the idea is a major faction will hold it, and holding this space station will yield an advantage. It will be in a PvP zone, naturally. And it will have a few outlying "automated satellites" to help defend it - the defense satellites can have player-built guns on it if that is better, and they can have a player core.

If you have any further questions or if you can help me out, please send me a PM here on the forums. In terms of rewards... I can't offer a cash reward but I can offer you my eternal gratitude. If you decide to join our server or are a member of our server, I can give you some item rewards. You will, of course, be credited for your creation on a webpage describing the playfield your POI is located in - at the bottom it will say "Custom POIs designed by [insert your name here], [insert someone else's name here], and MechPilot524".

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well I know some one who plays on your server, not sure if hes still active on there but I can find out pretty easy, who loves to build things just like this, his game name is SWS, I'm sure if you message him on Steam he will likely help you guys out.

I have sets but the dev's have them so I don't really want to let them out so when they get to the game there more of a surprise for players.

Dietrich likes this.
  3. Vexray

Vexray Captain

As a server owner myself. Im working on expansions as well. I have a thread up on the current planets ive been building and im working on POIs and events now. If i get some time ill try to touch base with you and see if theres something I have that you can use on RvB.

4. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Just finished my new POI for my server, since I host the Lorien Federation vs Scarab Legion, the POI has been given the theme to match.

Lorien Communications Relay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll keep the inside a surprise since im using it on my own server. I will be releasing a "Lore Friendly" version of this for Empyrion in the coming days that will be themed for one of the current official races in empyrion. Let me know if your interested.

5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yea go for it Vexray, I think alot of people would be advantaged by a simple POI insertion program, its a bit fiddly to get them all running right and spawning where you want on a map, a much more user friendly way is needed.
    Either way Ive asked the devs to start a POI section in workshop to make this sort of thing much easier for newer players andserver operators looking for POIs to use.

6. lux ferre

lux ferre Ensign

hello,
    have aliens custom poi on the server?
    bye