DEV BLOG Milestones 2022: A brief preview of the coming months

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! Bring it on can't wait.....well, okay I can wait if I must as I have no choice so I will wait, I DON'T WANT TO. :eek: :confused::mad::(:oops:

They say patience is a virtue, I am not a very virtuous person, can you tell? :D

Germanicus and Myrmidon like this.
  2. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

The screenshots look nice and "Alien" which has got to be a good thing. Nice to see a general direction being published and commitment to ongoing development. Of course there are personal "wish list" game mechanics I would like to see that are not in the list, but as long as development continues I'm optimistic about the future.

...besides - there are often little "extras" included in each new version release that are not previously announced but still make a significant positive impact ...:)

Foofaspoon and bcbarnes like this.
  3. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

i agreed that the FPS is a major feature. But one? 2 for the whole year?

4. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

They're a small team. This is not uncommon. Though they are teasing the biggest of things. There have often been more through each year. It's only a preview.

Myrmidon likes this.
  5. Iluminator

Iluminator Lieutenant

So there is no life below the water surface this year either? So I threw in some memory and new graphics in vain? Nothing, go back to the NMS.

6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

There will be no doubt, a truckload of small additions added along with these major ones, and even considering it's a rather small list for a years development, taking into account all that is happening in the world right now, let's hope that only just this gets done

All the best peeps....

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

please be good please be good please be good...

Myrmidon likes this.
  8. rtracy

rtracy Ensign

The avatar release should be a DLC. Keep the existing look and feel for the original game, but add the advanced avatar looks and feels as a DLC. You have to make more money to expand the game more. The devs have to make money somehow more than just selling the game or the game will eventually go away. And the community does not want that to happen.

9. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I would suggest that you first establish that they have financial problems before saying they need more money. When leaving the Early Access tag behind they said they would continue to work on fixing/ polishing the game, and that money was not an issue.

If you want to contribute you can simply gift copies of the game to people around you, like they already suggested many times.

10. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I agree, don't plan on spending my money for me!

Edit:
    @rtracy Was it you that bought 'Horse Armour'?

11. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

Interesting!!! It's not what I most expected but everything new is welcome, and since they are going to redesign I would like to ask for more intelligence of the enemy npc's and speed of reation, now that the ships replace the Hovers I think it would be a good time to put the acclaimed wheels, textures for weapons, circular doors, bombs with detonator, hands at the wheel and functional screens would be the icing on the cake. Animations for cockpits, custom radios, multiplayer voice chat, some comets. space gas clouds, more dangerous nights, motion detectors, searchlights and sirens, quicksand, hangars for base trading ships. defensive robot factory. path creation. fire ammo, explosive ammo, elevators for ships of various sizes, hacking enemy drones, A.I. companion. rectangular propellers, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, domes, secret door key or enemy, lantern battery and portable builder, anti-toxin module for suit, multiplayer bengle, laser barriers, energy gates, caves, night mysterious lights, underwater tunnels , contaminated waters, real water in talon bases, street vendors, combat between terrestrial factions. Well I think that for now that. Greetings.-

spacegal likes this.
  12. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

you didn't mention improved prosthetics... I wanna be Steve

13. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

Mmm... Take note.-

14. rtracy

rtracy Ensign

@Kassonnade I apologize. I misspoke by insinuating that they were having financial problems. That was not my intention. I just know that games do better financially under a subscription model, but I dont like that model myself. I have gifted the game somewhat as I want to support the game as much as I can. That being said, there is only so many times I can gift. There are players out there that bought the game at like 10 bucks then have played for years. They definitely got their moneys worth, but want to do more. So I suggested a DLC. 3 or 4 bucks for a DLC Avatar upgrade cheap. Cool unique outfit from in game purchase for a couple dollars. Devs get money to continue or even hire a new dev. Cool thing about avatar upgrades is they dont affect game play/ mechanics, but everyone get their unique style and show it off.

15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Problem is you are talking about the financial status of a 3rd party, having no clue at all about the relevant status. And even worse you suggest various actions to be taken. Resulting it talking nonsense like a pipe dream (with due respect). How can anybody take you serious?

16. Insopor

Insopor Commander

The concept of players supporting paid cosmetics for additional revenue is entirely based on the fact that additional funds eases parts of development. Specifically bug testing and QA. It doesn't take a massive team to come up with massive games, but the larger the game in scale, the more bugs tend to appear. Tracking those down and providing internal playtesting so that bugs get worked out prior to launch (this game has left Early Access so it should be considered a finished product, at least in terms of polish) takes a lot more effort, time, and manpower.

I know Eleon is a small team, and no doubt they like it that way. I would never want to see them turn into the soulless abominations that make up most AAA budget corporate entities. However, having fat stacks of cash to just throw at some additional help to playtest or bugfix, yeah, that'd be a serious net positive no doubt. Players should not be the playtesters or bug finders, the customer paid money for the product, actual play testers get paid to do that.

I can almost guarantee that's what @rtracy was getting at with the suggestion because alongside them outright stating it, the proof is in the pudding. The pudding being that the game is still loaded with tons of bugs that have been around for years that either seem to have no end in sight, or get a band-aid fix.

If Eleon are actually rolling in money and haven't put any of it toward such things as described above... why?

rtracy likes this.
  17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I understand what you say but I believe we should let them run their company as they see fit. They know better. This is what I mean.

Kassonnade and Germanicus like this.
  18. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Will we be getting NPC Companions and be able to have them on board our ships and bases; assign them work tasks? Will we be able to walk on ships?

By far my biggest gripe has been the combat though, so thank you for focusing on it. The npc models and environment was due for a major overhaul!

I hope to see NPC HVs and NPC controlled SVs and some CV Freighters interacting with POIs and space stations in the future. That's good news Eleon. Thanks for the heads up! I love the updates and the transparency:NewThumbsUp:

19. Spoon

Spoon Captain

It sounds like they are just updated the enemy NPC's that spawn in POI's, so there is less confusion. Sounds like it's a visual thing.
    Would be great if they gave AI to the NPC's we can put in out ships though, so that they can harvest food, check radar and stuff like that, but can't see it happening soon.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  20. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

Right now I would be happy with patrol ships showing up on the radar.

runlykhel likes this.