PLZ Retest and Re-Report No enemy npcs on missions or attacks (!!)

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Murkalael, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8 3846
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Solo

SERVER NAME: none
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: easy
    Severity: medium

Type: bug

Summary: No enemy npcs without tutorial

Description: I started a game without going through the tutorial on Akua, stayed there until level 15 so I can build a teleporter to go back and forth for my already obtained materials. When I arrived in Omicron went through the missions, first through the Talon and there were no spiders near the temple neither infected inside it. I had to proceed manually the entire mission. Then I went to the CV wreckage, where I was supposed to rescue a civilian and same thing, no enemy npcs neither the civilian to rescue. In between missions I received a warning about zirax attack on my base (built on creative mode and spawned), went to check and no attack, when I looked on statistics of the base only --- symbols on the attack time.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Play without tutorial
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Grumpy138

Grumpy138 Ensign

There is something seriously bugged with the story mission, mine wouldn't even start chapter 2, but at least my mission did have npcs to fight. I hope they get this fixed.

3. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Saw this in a couple of videos as well.

Workaround: Open the console (~ key) and type: ai on

When the NPCs aren't spawning, it seems the game has shut off the ai routines. Turning it back on should immediately fix it.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    @Murkalael Did you have NPC when you started on Akua? Was there a point when you wondered that there are too few NPC (before going to Omicron?

Did you take or decline the RP at Game start?

Can you possibly describe HOW you went to Omicron (starting from Akua possibly?)

How did go get the Mission for the Heidelberg if there were no NPC? Or is it just that POI that has no NPC spawned? Did you go there by HV or SV or Bike?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Pach and Germanicus like this.
  5. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

When crash landed the usual IDA talk happened, and I choose "I'm a veteran" option. From there I built, gathered, and did a few missions for the local Talon on Akua. IDA helped through some POIs like, supply bunker, settlement chief, etc. When I went to other moons to gather some other resources, IDA suggested to check asteroid field, where I destroyed a rogue drone. Buit bases on all 4 moons to gather resources until I reached close to level 15, in mean time I've found a few scientist camps on all moons giving me "Tales of Something" not good or keeping names. Once I was able to build first teleporter, I filled the resources of my own 2 prefabs (base and SV) and went to the destroyed space station and activated the teleporter there, reaching the old pile of junk on Omicron, from there IDA triggered all old missions, started with comm station, then settlement and finally the wreckage. Right on the bat on the temple, no spiders spawned, no infected either, neither the prisioner on the botton of the cave, so I decided to do everything manually just to keep going, but end up like you saw on video.
    On a side note, on a previous save when we had the flickering bug, I went for the first time to Omicron without any preparation. As usual, I started with no tutorial, all npcs spawned normally, but one thing made me start over, IDA stated that that teleporter on space station was working both way, but I played all the way up to complete the Talon settlement mission, and before going to the wreckage, I decided to go back to my first base for some food and O2, but when I tried to use the teleporter on the pile of junk, instead of being teleported to the destroyed space station I was teleported to the teleporter behind the office of the Polaris Officer that receives the documents given to you by the civilian on the wreackage.

Hope it helps

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Hi @Murkalael Thanks for the detailed description! Will try to find a way to reproduce the issue (although it MIGHT be related with the sensor-signals issue we currently see).

One last question: The Talon Chief in the village giving you the first of the "old" missions was there .. but the NPCs on the Tower and around the Wreckage were then gone, correct?

7. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

That's right, I arrived in the village was automatically greeted by Talon chief, and went to the tower, on arrival, no spiders, no infected and no prisioner. Might be worth mentioning that I browsed all available questions I was offered to ask. Since you mentioned sensors, my base built on creative has indeed a sensor to activate teleporter only when I step on the pad. Currently I'm at work but in 5 hours I'll publish it on workshop if it helps to try reproduce the error.

Edit:
    @home now, and here's the base I'm using
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2825427662

Pach likes this.
  8. candyman_315

candyman_315 Ensign

I had similar problems with the new story..... and AI in general on all the starter moons. Most of the story POI's where off or had generators missing. The AI was just stuck, the guys would just stand there after spawning in.

9. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

@Hummel-o-War

Might be relevant to mention. I bought this game about 1 month ago, so it was still on version 1.7, and I started over so many times that I lost count, and not just due bugs, but that's my way to figure how things work by my own, and I recall one of these re-starts I went all the way to the ice planet where you find the CV torn in 3 and no enemies 'til there. Then game sent me to a zirax camp (part of story) and I died on an explosion out of nowhere. So it seems to be an inherited glitch from 1.7. I can't tell if it goes further back because when I bought, was already on 1.7 and almost 1.8 day.

10. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    We are currently looking into this issue .. but it is VERY random so hard to track down a reliable way to reproduce it.

Please EVERYONE keep an eye open if there is a pattern that seems to be reproducable. Thx!

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

It seems AI is being disabled somehow, here's a video from Spanj from his series of starting over when he start running Akua Pois

12. candyman_315

candyman_315 Ensign

Yes, I saw that too.... You can also see some of the weird stuff in some of the other videos. Like the AI standing still, as if they just don't "see" you. Even turrets have the problem I've noticed.

edit: I've noticed toggling AI off and on again sort them out again usually.. the times its on already, or leaving rendering distance then coming back also sorts them out. I'm thinking some kind of hang in the AI.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Germanicus likes this.
  13. TrashMan

TrashMan Commander

I have the exact same problem.

14. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

I had the same issue.
    Experimental farms and digging site were all absent but got populated after a while.

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

AI being effectively disabled is becoming a fairly common reported issue, and the ai on command fixes it which leads me to believe it might have something to do with the ai being turned off while in a dialog.