Fixed No O2 yet debug shows O2 present

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Scoob, May 24, 2022.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Build: v1.8 3723
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 240278

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Nope

Reproducibility: 100% from save
    Severity: Irksome (Minorish)

Type: O2 / Air Tight

Summary: Standing near Window = No O2

Description: Standing in a perfectly air-tight base, standing in certain locations can lead to suffocation - no O2 shown in lower-left panel - yet the Debug Panel "Show Oxygen" option shows O2 is present.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load this saved game.
    2) Walk forwards one block (up to window) and there's no O2
    3) Step back one block and there's O2.
    4) Walking up to the WEST-facing Windows on this base shows this effect consistently.
    5) Walking up to the single SOUTH-facing window on this base does not have an issue.

As an aside, standing within the block area of the "Door Corner 1" inside this Base is also a problem, once again despite the Debug Panel showing O2.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Link in step 1 above.

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

I have an addition example of this bug in the attached save. This time on a CV.

Load the save an you are in an oxygenated environment on a CV. In front of you is a door and either side of that a window. Approach to within the "block" of either window or the door and there's no O2. Once again, Debug > Show O2 clearly shows this area should have O2.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available in the next experimental release which is scheduled for tomorrow if all goes well!

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Excellent, thank you. I'll breath more easily knowing this one is fixed :)

Pach likes this.
  5. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

:CatJoy:

6. Aleax

Aleax Ensign

This looks like it is still an issue, at least for multiplayer dedicated servers. I updated both server and client and then logged in and experienced this still happening. Both as a warning for no oxygen and to close my helmet while inside the hangar bay of my T4 CV. Debug shows all air tight and O2 populated. Grow plots also inside my CV die while debug still shows all good.

7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    You will need to supply a copy of a save game with your character left standing in the location it happens so we have something to analyse.

How to attach a save game to a report:
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    Right click on "Empyrion" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    Right click on "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it

Pach likes this.