Fixed Picked plants spoil in the player inventory after joining a server

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Humay, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Humay

Humay Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server
    SERVER NAME: Official EU server
    SEED-ID:N/A
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow
    Reproducibility: Sometimes on logon
    Severity: Major
    Type: Plants
    Summary: Plants give spoiled food (but it reads i picked spice) or maybe its spoils very fast
    Description: plants give spoiled food. Started on alpha 9
    Steps to Reproduce: logon, harvest plants

2. Currently the workaround for this is to open your inventory at least once after logging in and before picking the plants.
    For some reason the game is getting the timers wrong otherwise, but not every time.

This has been reported already but I don't think it's currently reproducible by the devs.

Sephrajin likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This does happen ALWAYS or only after updates or after a long logout? (maybe the timer is out of sync)

4. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

As far as I have investigated this: spoil time is calculated as soon as you open your inventory. So if you login for the first time that day, harvest your plots and open your inventory the whole gametime since your logout is calculated like you left the plants in your inventory when logging off. To avoid that, like krazzykid2006 wrote above, it is enough to open your inventory before harvesting.
    It's rather difficult to reproduce because you'd need to actually have a server running for as long as the plants would need to spoil before you login and harvest...

Philipp, Sephrajin and krazzykid2006 like this.
  5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

I was just loged off for about 2 hrs….

Loged in, farmed my plants.. wanted to move them… spoiled.

6. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I just had instaspoil. Moved 16 plant protein from portable constructor to personal inventory, looked at it had 16 parish time. I hit tab to open suit constructor and was unable to make energy bars. looked for the plant protein and see in its place rotten food.

I am actively playing new start 9.3.0 2209. I have no F4 available inventories. I had just prior to moving the plant protein moved shotgun shells into my personal inventory.

7. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

My investigation happened in 9.2.1. What @stanley bourdon describes doesn't fit. according to my investigation opening the constructor should have reset the timer so either my investigation is wrong or there's another problem that causes the same result. Does the constructor calculate spoiltime in 9.3?

8. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

that is why I reported it as it did not fit the previous reports. I had stopped having problems in 9.2 if I opened an inventory first. I have not seen this again so who knows

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I suspect this must be the server time / timing which is not in sync. If we can find a good way to trigger this, that would be great.

10. Animal ︻デ═一 -

Animal ︻デ═一 - Ensign

It's not only on the inventory, we loose our food in the fridge also!
    Power is on, capacitor is loaded, and we log in next day,
    solarbatteries on 100% and the food is rotten!

11. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

on my server one out of 3 had the same issue today as @Animal ︻デ═一 - describes it. Solar energy, battery full, all food spoiled. But since his last login update 9.3 came out and got applied to the server which could have caused that. And the 2 other players (including me) didn't notice anything...

12. Fridgemusa

Fridgemusa Ensign

I just logged into my server and all the food I picked from plants was instantly spoiled after I applied the 9.3.0 patch to my server and I logged in after a restart :(

Solar and fuel was full 100%.

13. BigSnoopy

BigSnoopy Commander

Same here. Every day rotten food in the fridge
    And always rotten food after the first harvest a day. at the moment, i harvest only one plant, open f4, see it's rotten, damn the patch and farm the other.

14. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

I've encountered this bug as well. Normally happens when you go right away to pick your plants right after logging on.

15. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Still happening in build 2210. Made a SP Arid large build (and seed) 2209. Set up a starter base in Engine Compartment, only solar. Filled 2 fridges with food stuff, took a picture of the content. Went out exploring and POI busting for a while (several IRL days where exit the game). I save frequently, so a few times I quit, deleted current game save, copied the previous and renamed to current. I now and then access the command window. Often there are issues/errors (red text). So when back to base and to put stuff in the fridges, where capacitor and O2 on almost 100% as I left it, plants were fine and ready to be harvested. Guess what have happened ...

Very difficult to find out when exactly this happens, I did it one time in a previous build and sent a save before and after. Had to copy a save (to not get the original corrupted), load it, TP to the base and check. That time it seemed to happened between 2 updates. Maybe this time also 2209 to 2210?

Check the code for rotting/decay, I suspect that decay counter got calculated wrong somehow. Maybe not checked that is in a fridge at all before calculation, or seems as a fridge have been out of power. Weird if it somehow cannot find the decay counter and just set it to Zero/0 (spoiled).

EDIT: Add that the first time it happened and when I reported it, then content of Food Processor's were OK (since then also had cooling), so I stopped using fridges. So look at the difference in code.

Of course happened again after build 2212 update (only a couple of changes in stack size):
    SA_2210-2212spoiled.jpg SA_2210fridge.jpg SA_2212stats.jpg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Soyaro likes this.
  16. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Doubt this helps but just logged in to find all fuel gone from base solar at 100% and all food spoiled in the fridges. when I logged out we had 98% solar and about 1/4 of a tank of fuel. have not needed fuel since we put up the solar. This on the shattered realm server.

17. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: Shartered realm test serve

SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:Yes (I think) Shartered realm

Reproducibility: Always the last 4 times We have logged in after several hours

Severity: Major, less so if on a planet with abundant food

Type: Global food in fridges, food on your person
    Summary: All food spoiled at first login of the day.

Description: Login to the game after several hours of not being connected and all food in fridges and on your character are spoiled. this after ensuring that power was sufficient on the base. and power should have no effect on the food on the character

Steps to Reproduce: log in to an MP server, Shattered Realm in my specific case after several hours of not being connected to the game and find all food in fridges and on the character to be rotten

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service. Add the download link right here. Thanks in advance for saving us time to adress your issue! :)

comments from the discord for the server:
    all food spoiled again i know this is probably a main game problem but it really hinders play on a multiplayer server.

i shifted all my food to my character to log off, logged back on.... all food spoiled. Suspect it's an Eleon thing, not a lot we can do about it.

I had most of the food on my character and some in the fridge it all spoiled in both paces.
    Sbourdon is working on a formal bug report for Eleon

Yeah the log on to empty fuel and full battery and spoiled food is an Eleon issue

Personal comment:
    This issue and similar issues like the all fuel used up issues and the food picked and instantly spoiling have been being reported for about a week. I am not suggesting it should be an easy fix or even an easy investigation, but we are getting little to no feedback/updates on the investigation. Those threads are dead.

I would like from you a summary of the situation as you officially see it.
    I would like to see a request to the community for the information you need to investigate and hopefully solve this issue.
    I would like to know why this post got moved to this tangentially related thread.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  18. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Seems to reproduce for me and lots of people on the server. Seems to be related but a different issue to this thread. You had time to move it to this tangentially related thread but not provide any answers. Not pleased.

19. Philipp

Philipp Captain

In SP this never happend to me (yet). Didn't played on server since alpha 7.

20. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer