Known Issue Player left floating in space

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by SmaugBR, Jul 29, 2020.

1. SmaugBR

SmaugBR Lieutenant

Build: Alpha 12.3.2 3024
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: (Not applicable, private server)
    SEED-ID: (Not applicable, private server)

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Player left floating in space

Description: A friend of mine sat on a passanger seat and logged off. I moved the CV to another playfield. He was left floating in space when we logged back. This is an old bug, present since Akua/Omicron times, when I first started playing this game.

Steps to Reproduce: Just have a player sit anywhere in a CV and log off. Then another player moves this CV; the CV must change playfields, either by going from surface to orbit, going from orbit to planet surface, or warping to another sector.

Thanks.

mr_road and zaphodikus like this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

3. SmaugBR

SmaugBR Lieutenant

You may consider it not to be a bug in the sense of not generating an error report, BSOD, or the like... but in the way I see things, if we consider computer programming allows ANY kind of thing since the proper care and work time are put on it, sorry, but I consider this a lame and lazy thing to consider it a "game feature", or "this is the way the game works, sorry" kind of stuff. It clearly testify against the game quality... and if other things can get this to work, why couldn't Empyrion? So, yes, to me, this may not be a logical error, but this is a software building malfunction. A bug, to be short.

Darinth, mr_road, Amethyst613 and 3 others like this.