Fixed POIs not loading

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Foofaspoon, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Foofaspoon

Foofaspoon Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.10 4201
    Mode:Survival
    Mode:

SERVER NAME: single player
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: tried with several new starts
    Severity: high

Type: POIs not loading

Summary: lots of COQ messages when starting game, POIs not loading in

Description:
    Tried to start 3 times, initially all stalled with COQ messages. Able to load into them, starting Masperon. At least one POI not loaded in, message below on console:
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException

One I noticed there was a canyon? POI with a ship. Ship there but just hole in the ground where POI should be. GM'd around the Universe, problem on multiple planets. Zirax Homeworld particularly bad - map command showed lots of POIs, but when teleported there most failed to load in - just a hole in terrain and then marker disappeared from map. Noted this on other factions / world's too but not all POIs. Kriel homeworld no POIs at all!

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) I just started a game@
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Please attach your log files where this error is show

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

I've had this myself earlier when I was on the Karana homeworld. I'll do a bit more testing tomorrow, and come back with some more details :)

Germanicus likes this.
  4. jalore

jalore Lieutenant

similar problem with same homeworld a few hours ago on karana home world. but besides a poi not showing up, my ships i was using came to dead stop all the thrusters stopped working. when the "System.IndexOutObounds of array" would appear.

looked around the ship was 100m in sky nothing around it hanging it up. but thrusters dispite trying to go all directions wouldn't light up with thrust, and full fuel tanks. so i let that one hover. and spawned another ship close by, and it also was dead in the water. i couldn't go anywhere with it fueled up and ready to go while on the planet playfield.

So i left the playfield flew my avatar in god mode to space, spawned a third shop and came back to the other ships, they were operational again. drones were present where poi was supposed to be circling but no poi.

I forgot to try to wipe the playfield see if it would had helped, but suspect a relog would had cleared whatever the issue was like leaving the playfield.

screenshots and logs of event will be attached.

edit to add save game. i forgot one of my ships is still at the bad poi.
    the "airship cruiser" and where i logged out, can teleport right to it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n4B5TyIeZRuuMEg-krjj2SgME2oHk0cE/view?usp=sharing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    Longcut likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Sounds similar to my exprience when my SV was stopped dead in the Air and no Thruster was working anymore..:NewRollingEyes:.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Fixed in the NEXT Update

7. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

Skillion start with same issues. HV would stop moving forward but would hover up to 50m. Restart of the game would fix the problem and I could continue.
    Some POIs are either split in half or only a single wall loaded with a big hole. Can not continue the Story Line "Deserted Powers 5" as the Abandoned Base is just a wall and big hole in the ground.
    [​IMG]

8. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

Build: Experimental 1.10
    Mode: default multiplayer survival
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 418488

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: NONE

Reproducibility:

a player also did a clean installed the game tried the same thing on single player same issue trying to get the seed number

Severity: severe

Type:?

Summary:
    Missing poi's amd ships freezing up

Description:

This is from a couple of support tickets on spanjs broken eden vanilla exp 1.10 server

Don't really need admin help, but want to pass a message up. That Vanilla empryrion server is basially unplayable. I am not sure if it is a server problem or a 1.10 problem. Many POIs (like most of the Abandoned) are just holes in the ground. Ships freeze in the vinicinity, forcing a relog. Didn't see many POIs at all actually, so there is a possiblity that the POI distribute table is jacked. Either way, locking up was so bad, we gave up. Also, nothing seems to be regenerating including resources and POIs on the starter planets.
    Just had this in a report ticket on spanjs broken Eden vanilla exp 1.10 version
    both the ship freezing and the missing poi's
    it was an undiscovered planet and they were the first players there

Steps to Reproduce
    :
    1)
    2)
    3)

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  9. zaemar

zaemar Ensign

Build: v1.10 4201
    Mode:SP
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:Endless crashing on entering atmosphere or flying around after reload

Description:
    06-10:39:50.783 11_39 -EXC- System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at Blueprint.GetBlock (System.Int32 _x, System.Int32 _y, System.Int32 _z) [0x0000a] in <94aafddf82c4438ebe7cba406e13502e>:0
    at Blueprint.CopyIntoChunkCluster (Assembly-CSharp.ConnectionOptions _cluster, Vector3i _destinationPos, System.Boolean _bOverwriteExistingBlocks, System.Boolean _bSetChunkToRegenerate, System.Boolean _bCopyStateInformation, System.Boolean _bOverwriteAllWithBpFiller, Assembly-CSharp.MenuManager+BookmarkList _configProps) [0x003ac] in <94aafddf82c4438ebe7cba406e13502e>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.ConnectionOptions.ProcessWindow (Blueprint , System.Boolean , System.Boolean , Assembly-CSharp.MenuManager+BookmarkList ) [0x001c9] in <94aafddf82c4438ebe7cba406e13502e>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.StubList.SelectResource (Blueprint , System.Boolean , System.String ) [0x00066] in <94aafddf82c4438ebe7cba406e13502e>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.StubList+MemoryToken.RegisterOptions (Assembly-CSharp.IconTreeDeviceOptions+BookmarkStackDeviceOptions )
    at Assembly-CSharp.IconTreeDeviceOptions.AttachQueue (System.O

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)
    Go to Snow planet or Barren Metal planet in starter system.

2)
    3)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi please supply a copy of the log copy & pasting parts from the log don't entirely help:

How to supply logs to a report:
    The client log, dedicated server logs & crashes folder locations:
    1. Client log location:
      Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Logs

2. Now create a copy of all of the logs folder, compress them with windows built in compression option:Right click on the file or folder > Send to > "Compressed (Zipped) folder"
      Then to add this to your forum report use the "Upload a File" option in the post editor or upload the file to a file hosting site such as mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it.

Also please supply a copy of the save game so we have something to trigger & examine:

How to supply a save game for a report:
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    Right click on "Empyrion" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    Right click on "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it

Thanks.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. zaemar

zaemar Ensign

Added.

Attached Files:

12. zaemar

zaemar Ensign

It would appear that the issue is being caused by going into experimental with an existing save using blueprint ships that don't have everything unlocked in the tech tree! You might want to check that.

13. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Build: 1.10 4201
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player

Reproducibility: ?
    Severity:?

Type: CoQ

Summary: CoQ flying around Akua

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: