Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

10.6 should work fine but you won't get the new trader or the new snow POIs.

Space Beagle likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I've got the updates to the scenario for 10.6 done, assuming they don't add any new POIs or traders.
    Just working on the custom PDA for the scenario now and on some more ways to obtain CPU extenders. :D

Wellingtoon and StyxAnnihilator like this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A sneak peak at my current progress on the next update:

These notes are a preview and might change between now and when 10.6 goes live.

Update for Empyrion Alpha 10.6:
    Starting a new game is required to get the updated content. Old save games should continue to work fine however.

Reminder when starting a new dedicated server to set the playfield structure limit for each playfield to 1000 in EAH if you're using EAH and to setup your game options as desired for POI regeneration, escape pod despawn, origin faction start, anti-grief, etc.

Highlights:
    - Updated scenario for the new changes of Alpha 10.6.

Full Update Notes:

- Now using a custom PDA (access with F1). Contains all the default missions.
    - Added a new FAQ and info section on the scenario in the Empyriopedia section of the PDA. This should answer some common questions and provide general information on the scenario from within the game.
    - Added new starter planet intro mission to non-default starting planets to introduce the new scenario info in the PDA. Default starting planets that have the Robinson Protocol still use it.
    - Added new starting mission to Snow Dwarf Starter to find the Lost Colony and Colony Ship.
    - Added a mission to find a UCH Research Ship.
    - Added a 4-part mission to survey planets in the solar system that rewards Epic Armor.
    - Added a repeatable UCH mission to kill 100 Zirax soldiers.
    - Added repeatable missions to Rocky Desert and Stormy Desert planets.
    Remember that mission objectives that are marked with a * can be manually marked completed in the PDA by clicking on the checkbox, in case you become stuck during a mission.
    I tried to enable this only for missions where you could get stuck like onetime missions that require a certain POI or if you're playing with a friend and you both need to destroy the core of the same POI so it's coop friendly.

Planets and Moons:

- All starter planets now have 2 moons.
    - Added the new Polaris Snow POIs to Snow, Ice, and Frozen Inferno planets.
    - Removed Shaman from Cultist and Temple POIs (They would shut off their own bases and now they don't do anything anyway).
    - Upgraded the Abyssal defenses around the Anomaly on the Plasma planet. Some now have a lot more turrets and a minor regenerating shield. Also added more promethium deposits to the Anomaly.
    - Increased radiation and slightly increased gravity on the Plasma planet.
    - Added better descriptions and planet classes to some of the Barren moons.
    - Added CPU Extenders to a few difficult POIs.

Space:

- Added new Polaris and Zirax asteroid fields to middle solar system.
    - Now using a custom playfield for starter orbits. Temperate, Temperate2, and Arid have the same POIs as the default starter orbit. The other starter planets use a modified starter orbit that removes the ship graveyard, trade station, and most of the other Polaris POIs. This should make it harder to progress after leaving the harder starting planets.
    - Added the new wreckage POIs to orbits and asteroid fields.
    - Added the Syndicate security code to the Syndicate Outpost that was missing it.
    - Changed all freighter self destruct timers from 200-250 to 900 (I think this means 15 minutes).
    - Added clearer playfield description to Object 82 to give a better hint how to unlock it.
    - UCH Research Vessels now always spawn in Polaris Trade Station sectors.
    - Added warning about mining faction owned asteroids to space playfield descriptions.
    - Added a popup warning message to Polaris Mining Foreman telling players to not mine any asteroids. Seems a bit buggy and doesn't always trigger.
    - Added HV T3 CPU Extenders to Rogue Drone Scouts and Harvesters.
    - Added Small Rogue Drone Swarms to Inner Orbits.

Misc

- Adjusted trader commodity prices to account for traders not being able to use the logistics system. Increased buy/sell prices and reduced stock of most commodities by a factor of 50-100x. Increased profit margins on some trade routes.
    - Tweaked a couple traders.
    - Added the new QuantumStar default trader. Can be found in the trade station in orbit of the Temperate, Temperate2, and Arid starter planets.
    - Added the CPU Extender components to Bertrams and Servant Corp to match the default game and to the Optronics Factory.
    - Tweaks to some POIs (fixed textures, spawners, loot, LCD screens, etc).
    - The game bug that broke POI biome spawning should now be fixed. Previously, some planets wouldn't obey their POI biome spawning settings so the affected planets did not spawn POIs like they should (farms in the middle of the desert, crystals growing outside of crystal biomes, water POIs spawning too close to shore, etc).

GenghisBob and [BB]Drifter like this.
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Nice. And I was wondering why the new snow POIs won spawn.

Also : On a very large plasma planet I just found a Promethium deposit that has no ore in it even though it shows 100%. Placing an autominer or trying to mine it with drill returns no ore. It is the second deposit of the same type, but the first is easily mined, so the varous other types I have already foundon the same planet.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Game bug with SSOR deposits sadly.

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Oh I thought that bug was fixed....It is ok though. I consider it adds to exploration. Imagine you find a false deposit location :p

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you feel like it, make a bug report and upload your save game somewhere so the devs can take a look and maybe squash this unfortunate bug once and for all. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself yet since they always ask for a save game.

8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Been there done that my friend. :)

If i find the link of it I will post it here by editing this one.

Correction. Someone else did, I just added information.

Jul 18, 2019 : Promie Ore Deposit Bugged

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

So there are two bug reports already....Eleon....???

shame.png

For retesting I loaded a backup session of the same game on the same planet and now the deposit DOES have the rocks in place. Go figure....:eek::p:confused::rolleyes:

11. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

I've been having a lot of fun with the Ocean and Snow Dwarf starts, on full hardest difficulty, mass/volume and the other two enabled.

I tried the dead planet but I'm not sure it was designed with full hardest difficulty in mind. Was it? I might give it another try in a few days but it seemed like I was gonna be stuck with eternal rad poisoning for a very long time.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's doable on the hardest difficulty but you have to keep looting quickly. There are tricks you can use. :D

Germanicus likes this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If so...THAT would be a thing. Not to settle down but have to be constant on the move because of searing temperatures and devastating Radiation in sunlight while the "night side" is comfy cold and radiation drops to manageable levels. 3 Ores and 2 Energizing Resources...and off you go;)

15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I find it difficult to access lower parts of Abandoned Tomb. Seems that even the "window' on the pyramid side can not be destroyed....Am I missing something? A secret switch or a door somewhere?

ravien_ff likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's a puzzle. Nothing is destroyable, you have to find the way down. There are secrets within secrets and puzzles within puzzles. :D

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It is such a puzzle that he was puzzled that even couldn't find the way down there;):D

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Right...:rolleyes:

I sould try more time i guess. The 8 rooms are cleared, fromt he looters....but I can not find further down passage.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Its on the desert Planet, yes?

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Here's a hint:

There are symbols on the walls in each room, plus one of the rooms has all 6 symbols in a certain order. There's a pressure plate in each room too. :D

Germanicus likes this.