Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Uh oh, the Seraphim might not be far behind...

Edit: Oops, I read that as "QAI" :p

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Urgh, just had my first death, though my game glitched a bit so I don't feel so bad.

I was standing near the main entrance to my base having recently defeated the last Base attack - all Drones and Troops dead. I was in the process of adding even more turrets to my base and pop there's a Drone right on top of me. I die instantly to one rocket hit.

I know the Drone just popped in and didn't wander in naturally as it would have been in perfect LoS of my multiple turrets - turrets that remained totally silent. I can only think it spawned linked to the ex-Zirax POI near my location, which I'd cored earlier. I know there was a bug where Drones would re-appear on previously conquered bases after a reload, so perhaps it's linked to that? The moment I spawned back in, my turrets all started firing.

I've seen critters suddenly pop-in (spawn) right on top of me as I walk around, I've never had a Drone do this that I remember. I am a super cautious player and know wandering Drones can appear, but there was nothing on my Radar until the very last second. Note: I do constantly check my Radar and the red dot appeared half a second before the Drone fired - it was point blank. So, if it'd approached normally, both it and my own Turrets would have been in firing range long before it got that close.

Still, little gremlins like this are a part of the game, but it does irk me to die to a game issue rather than a genuine threat. I was just modifying my base at the time, not even in combat *sigh* lol.

Edit: one more thing that's a little odd. I was standing on part of my base when the rocket hit me, yet there's no damage to any of the blocks. Rockets usually do AoE, even through other blocks, so why there's none here I don't know. Does a hit on a player absorb ALL damage then and AoE isn't calculated?

Scoob.

krazzykid2006 and Germanicus like this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

On a lighter note, I was getting a bit concerned how quickly my fuel level was going down when I had my Food Processor and Small Constructor working. However, I forgot I was still using the small Fuel Tank I originally crafted for this Base - which is a lot larger now. Still well within what a Small Generator can produce, but a Small Fuel Tank isn't enough.

My SV Parts are now built, time to explore a bit more...

Edit: Oh, I can verify that Drones have a tendency to just spawn in right outside my Base entrance - it just happened again. This time I was inside and I heard my Base taking fire and, once again, the Drone was right on top of me. To be fair, I had my Turrets turned off to save Power (they're the Pop-up type) but I opened my Hangar Door after the first hit and the Drone was right there. I may have to start leaving my Turrets on all the time....but I need more fuel first.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just built my first SV - JOY! Lol. It's only T1 - which I scraped into by 67 Points - but I love it. It's nimble, can carry more than my HV and has four gatlings. Total small-fry in terms of combat SV's, but it's mine :)

Btw: Likely a vanilla issue, but has anyone noticed that mining Cobalt Rocks in person with the Drill yields just ONE rock, while use the Drone always yields TWO rocks. I thought at first it was just the "one rock falling through the terrain" issue, which used to be quite common. Perhaps that is what happens to the other rock, but not if I use the Drone. Weird.

Scoob.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thanks I'll check it out. I might have forgotten to properly name the NPC. :D

6. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

Oh I most certainly will. Just need to make it to space before I start over. 15+ deaths so far, hoping Scooby Dooby here will help me get there. NewGame_10-200622-2128_2020-06-24_19-43-36.png
    * Only one ninja wood walker was killed in the creation of this HV... they're so quiet!

Germanicus, Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  7. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Started from a save that was before my CV was finished and finally got back up there. This time I found the marker for the Lead Researcher out at the last guide light for the main deck off the port side. When I approached the light it completed the quest. The other saves with Object 82 errors are stuck. Get the error as soon as you load the game so I'll continue this version.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Okay this weekend I have some free time to check out the Object 82 issues and work on the PDA. :D

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick question: What biomes to Golems typically inhabit on the Dark Rogue? I found one in my travels quite early-game, but cannot recall where. I've found several of the Woodwalkers, they seem to inhabit Plans or Rocks Biomes, but I've found no Golems in these. In vanilla, I used to find them is Desert biomes, so I checked out the Dark Rogue starter's Sand biomes, but no signs.

I'm at a stage where I need a small amount of certain rarer Ores to proceed, and I thought Golems would be a good source.

Edit: I found one in the "Sand" biome, I approached it, and it vanished! I assume it just despawned once it was "day time", though perhaps that should not happen on this planet of perpetual night... :)

Cheers,

Scoob.

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I was able to find some in the "Low mountains"... or maybe Low foothills? That seemed to be the biome where I found the most wood walkers too - but it might have been the seed I was playing on.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

With my most recent start here is the "plains"

20200625215454_1.jpg

Edit: So I guess I was wrong about the low hills/mountains biome.

and of course there is always "rocks"

20200625220228_1.jpg
    (as a biome)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    ravien_ff likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Question: Those "Graveyards" on Dread - what is the Chance to find Promethium there? I searched about 2/3rd of the Planet for those Pits and found so far, in about 20, only ONE Pit with Promethium. Is the Chance really so low or is it just bad luck?

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Fractalite - I've found some in Plains biomes in the end, but only at night - they insta-despawn the moment it's daytime. Very very rare though, but there are LOADS of those Woodwalkers.

On an unrelated note. I see that Project Eden seems to reverse a vanilla change. A short while ago, it was changed so Alien turrets on a captured POI would continue to work (ammo-free) if the player takes it over. This was then reverted by Eleon, stating it was a bit of an exploit - which indeed it was due to that lack of ammo required. They actually changed these Alien Turrets to need ammo, but no such ammo existed in the game (even item menu) so a player could not fire them any more. However, I'm just watching Spanj's latest video and I note that the Alien Turrets are fully working on the small POI he captured. I've captured several of these and disassembled the turrets as I assumed they''d not fire when player-owned, as in vanilla.

Is this a PE change or did Eleon have a change of heart regarding this "exploit"? Or perhaps it's just a server setting and Spanj is playing on a server. It'd would have been a MAJOR help to me to be able to use Alien Turrets... Likely a bit late now though, I'm just about to start building my CV.

Scoob.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden doesn't contain any custom configs so it's not from the scenario.

Keep in mind what you see in Spanj's videos can be a week or two old.

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I don't think that he shows Videos older than a few days. He just opened up, Monday I believe, a MP-Server and is playing the Dark Rogue on the MP Server...which does make that Dark Hellhole even more hellish to survive;):D

Video states that he is on this status
    Alpha 12.1 (Build 2954)

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Nothing in the patch notes but a change might have snuck in the last 2 builds since then. :D

17. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Previously, they had unlimited ammo built into the turret. In A12 the zirax turrets were given an ammo count with the ability to use unlimited ammo from the NPC Core as part of allowing them to use player turrets. When you destroy the core, the turrets keep their magazine of 60 rounds until they run out.
    The same thing happens to player turrets on AI bases. They'll be fully loaded when the core is destroyed.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

During a prior A12 vanilla game - before the Snow Planet was added - I captured a POI and the Alien Turrets didn't even fire once. I queried it and was informed that Alien Turrets working when the player captures a POI had been removed. I wonder where they're ultimately going with this as they seem to have changed things around a number of times now.

I will double-check later to see if a freshly captured Zirax POI will still fire its alien turrets....

Scoob.

19. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Based on what Vermillion said, they would keep firing until they exhaust the rounds they have in them when you replace the core- they won't be able to reload

Based on Spanj's vid, I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep them... they appear to be completely useless against drones anyway...

The Salty Snake Chef likes this.
  20. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

This morning while I was playing before work, and before my second cup of coffee, I suffered my first base attack. Suffered, key word right there. 4 minigun drones came from the south side of the mountain my base was in. I saw the tracers passing through the mountain and my base, panicked a bit, and went out to fight them. They killed me. Hard. Got my stuff back and tossed 4 gats on Scooby Dooby, went outside to fight them, lost the cockpit, and they killed me harder.

Noticed there was no actual damage being done to my base, so instigated a near death loop fighting them in foot, with a nearly defunct pulse rifle and medium armor that has been at 0 durability for in game weeks. Took out 2 of them. I'm at +30 deaths now. Finally got them all, set my base to public for the first time in any playthrough, nearly ran out of food and fuel, fixed those problems a bit, and now...

Scooby dooby is all growed up. NewGame_10-200622-2128_2020-06-26_11-09-57.png
    She's gonna need a new name, of course, now that I've painted her.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.