Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Oh, that's weird. I thought got a "-25 Kriel Empire" pop up on the screen and at that moment I went unfriendly. Perhaps I miss-read the message. Thanks.

On an unrelated note, there's something very wrong with the sun on this planet. When I'm more than 50 or so metres above the ground and the sun is directly overhead, I get a second sun beneath the terrain. Basically, a super bright yellow blob shining up through the terrain. It's bright enough to actually make it impossible to discern any detail directly below the SV I'm flying.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's the way the sun flares work.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've never notice them being so extreme before though, not even close. I mean, at ground level the terrain is normal. I raise up about 30 meters and start to get a glow beneath my ship - as if I have a bright, yellow spotlight shining directly down. Once I'm up past 50 metres though, the ground is brighter than the sun directly overhead.

I fully expect it's a vanilla issue, but it seems particularly extreme on this planet. Last time I started on the Dark Rogue of course, so sunlight wasn't really a thing. However, I did make it to other planets - the Arid one to be specific - and despite being a very brightly lit planet during the day, I did not see this particular effect on the terrain beneath my ship.

Note: as I typed the weather changed from clear to Foggy - it's still about mid-day - and the glow is entirely gone. I will make a note of the exact weather effect reported next time this occurs, it was clear and bright previously though so I assume "Clear".

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It has to do with the sun model showing I believe. It gives a very strong flare but you'll only notice it on planets close enough to the star to show the star's model.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, I see. I can indeed see the sun's model on this planet. I keep expecting things below me to burst into flames lol.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

I think this game might be the best of class for those kind of stories. I've got some good stories from Ark, Arma 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, a whole host of other games that aren't popping to mind right now. With EGS though, the stories hit harder, are more of an experience, because I spent HOURS building that crappy ship, or longer building a good ship. Even if I don't realize it while building, I'm getting tied to this vessel that I'm digitally crafting with my own two space-suit gloved hands. It's a damn cool feeling, and I'm glad I didn't cheat a solution at the end there. It would have ruined the whole thing.

Also, I had a tent on me. I had a portable constructor in my survival constructor... the whole damn fiasco was quite literally my fault. Piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance. Probably a bit of hubris as well, I've knocked down that POI so many times without incident. @ravien_ff and @Vermillion have done a hell of a job upsetting the normal player-steamrolls-everything of vanilla. I'm gonna have to start playing more carefully like in my first few hundred hours.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I need some assistance. I'm raiding the Fuel Depot POI - very nice work whoever did it - and I've sorta gotten stuck. I've explored extensively, have found multiple secret areas for some great loot. I'll pop the rest in spoiler tags, so as not to upset anyone...

I even took out the Zirax Commander on the lower level. However, there's a blast door that needs a combination which I'd have assumed the Commander might have dropped - I've not found it elsewhere - but he didn't.

I've been exploring for ages now, yet cannot find any other areas. I did to a "puzzle" of sorts where I enter a tall shaft, and jump from ledge to ledge before pulling a lever. This then extends a trap door, allowing me access to an area with two loot containers and a lever. Pulling the lever results in an explosion - sounded like it came from the South West of the structure, but Empyrion's sound can be quirky - but I've not discovered what it might have revealed.

I do feel there are chunks of a facility I've not gained access to yet...and the Core location eludes me.

Edit: I have found the Core...well, I can see it but there's no way I can get to it without LOTS of explosives. Interestingly, I did have an issue where a trap-door didn't trigger properly...I was looking around for a lever for it (last resort, shoot it) with no luck. I returned to it and it opened with proximity, I then found the core location..It looks to be behind those Blast Doors...but I have no code.

Can anyone assist with what I'm missing? I'd appreciate the help.

To whoever created this, you sneaky git! It was right there! lol. Well played :)

Scoob.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  8. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

I have thwarted your dastardly scheme!!!
    RE-200709-1926_2020-07-09_19-55-17.jpg

Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Which fuel depot? There's like 7 variants and an advanced set.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Erm, the Fuel Depot? Yes, that's the one :) I don't know how to say which model exactly, other than via a screen-shot, however, it's not got regular turrets on it. I did find the secret in the end and got through to the Core room. The place is looted - soooo much loot - and I just need to return to recover some of the blocks and devices there.

Much longer play session this evening than planned, a testament to the quality of Reforged Eden.

Scoob.

The Salty Snake Chef likes this.
  11. The Salty Snake Chef

The Salty Snake Chef Captain

I still suck at Reforged Eden. I do need to get back into it though. After that space drone owned my engine last time I have to take a break from it.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've not ventured into space yet, I've barely explored the planet either due to its size. I am however, steadily building up some quality resources but still need to do some more mining. Finally got the T2 Drill recently, but that thing is slooowwww compared to vanilla, so I'm concentrating more on HV Mining...which is also a bit slow.

Oh, one of my SV's got a bit beaten up last night. It was my "test" one, basically an armed scout with a turret. I'd since moved to using a heavy lifter SV with a single turret as it had far greater utility and could scout just fine as needed. Basically, during a base attack, the drones concentrated fire on this little SV while it was parked up. I was planning to recycle it anyway, so not big loss. Just found it odd that the base attack drones attacked nothing but this little SV, that was parked the opposite side of the base from attack direction.

Scoob.

13. The Salty Snake Chef

Learned my lesson from the space drones. Whatever you do. Always have your SV armed and be ready to fight them off to the death. Cause they will follow you and blow up your engines if you don't. I still plan on playing Reforged Eden again...Just not yet cause the base attacks and increased drone threat actually starts to eat into your resources. Something that becomes a problem with the ruthless one space drone I encounter when I only had a drill as a "weapon."

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think I might wait until I can field a shielded CV before exploring space. I know I readily have the vanilla level resources for it, but perhaps not enough for RE's requirements.

Scoob.

15. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

So it isn't this one on planet Dread but one like on the other dead planets with the ramp door? This one has the chevron marker and labeled unknown signal. There is a console on the platform above but no indicator pointer like on the other planets.
    upload_2020-7-10_12-44-18.png

16. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Console above
    upload_2020-7-10_12-48-44.png
    This structure is like several others on the planet but it is marked and has admin core.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's not one of the towers for the missions.

18. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Ok, so it's like the other planet towers. So far they all give me the same Log. Thought Dread would give me the second log but couldn't find another tower like on the other starter planets. Just got out into space. Only died once when my wife was talking to me and I suffocated, so I don't count that one. Thanks for the good work.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The towers you're looking for are found on the non-starting Dead planets. There are a total of 6 different types of non-starting dead planets and each one has a piece of the log. It's a long term optional mission.

20. The Salty Snake Chef

Noice. The two dead class planets were eyecandy to me. Can't wait to see them all in their delapidated glory.

ravien_ff likes this.