PLZ Retest and Re-Report Pulse Laser bug

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Not.OP, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Not.OP

Not.OP Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:
    Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:bug

Summary:
    Pulse Laser continuously fires

Description:
    Hello dear overlords,

Today I present you a video of pulse lasers firing the magnificent red pulses bugging out and continuously firing.

Bug:
    Pulse lasers continuously fire. The pilots are not macro firing the pulse lasers nor are they holding fire. (look at 19:50 of attached video).

This bug occurs every single fight. It can be recreated simply by fighting another player and using pulse lasers. It happens in all vessels that have pulse lasers. This bug plagues every player and the only way to resolve it is to relog.

Bug occurs throughout the entire fight. But gets super bad around 19:00

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) fight using pulse lasers
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Note that this looks like it is using the Reforged Eden projectiles pack but i have experienced the same thing in vanilla going back several years, mostly with drills or Gatling cannons.

However the devs will probably need the issue to be reproduced in a vanilla save game before they can do anything about this.

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

I think you can repro this in vanilla using the drill turret. Kind of.

1. Sit in seat and access a drill turret
    2. Press LMB to fire drill laser
    3. While holding LMB, press alt+tab or the Windows key to remove focus from game
    4. Release LMB
    5. Refocus to game, and press 'F' to leave the drill view, and again to leave the seat
    At this point the drill laser beam will be locked active, though it won't be drilling. Even accessing the drill again and pressing and releasing LMB will not deactivate the beam effect.

The hope would be that whatever is tripping that up is also getting triggered by some network lag issue, and fixing one will fix the other.

Though I would hate to see this trick go, because I use it all the time to make cool screenshots.