Not a bug Radiation on Barren Starter planet is broken

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by GE-old-Man, Jun 25, 2022.

1. GE-old-Man

GE-old-Man Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.2 3846242354
    Mode: survival
    Mode: na.

SERVER NAME: singl player
    SEED-ID: i dont know

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: yes, is alwasy active even after restart
    Severity: high because inside base is no safe place regarding radiation and thiner wall protecs you bigger walls dont, it doesn't make sence

Type: radiation

Summary:
    radiation inside bases do not disappear, even if you have 2 layer concrete roof. only below thin concrete wall radiation disappears, see screen shots
    inside base high radiation and not below the thin concrete wall and 2nd picture below the thin concrete with 0.0 radiation wall which you see on first picture with 5.0 radiation and check the radiation

Description:radiation inside bases do not disappear, even if you have 2 layer concrete roof. only below thin wall radiation disappears, see screen shots

Steps to Reproduce: start new singel player surviaval on barren planet build base and try
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you check if your base is airtight? (check holes in the ground or non-airtight blocks there as well)

(Hit N > use the debug menu > show airtight blocks )

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Are you referring to a selfmade Base?
    If so, do you have a Ventilator and an O² Tank to fill the Base? You also need Doors with Forcefields.

In addition - no picturs with your post:NewWink:

Pach likes this.
  4. GE-old-Man

GE-old-Man Ensign

Hello,

thanks for your respons, i checked it acc. your instructions, i have inside the base a door with stairway down into the ground for mining etc. there is no direkt connection between the cave i made and the surface of the planet. I closed this stairway with airtight blocks and this did solve the issue, the radiation disappeared inside my base. it seams there was somewhere an untight block.
    it would be nice if caves which are insulated and without direct connection to the surface had no radiation.

thanks for your help and your suport great game

Hummel-o-War likes this.
  5. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Stairs are not airtight so that could have been the issue potentially. Not all of the doors are airtight either such as the glass doors (can see with them theres no blue energy field keeping the air in.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You do not need an airtight base to protect you from radiation. You just need the ceiling (and maybe walls but I think just the roof) to block out line of site with the outside.

IF this is not the case then it's either a bug or it needs to be added to the update notes.
    However the cave itself is not airtight and stairs aren't either so they'll provide no protection from radiation most likely, as mentioned above.

7. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Huh? All the tooltips for the 3 stair types and both ramp types say they're not airtight. To which variant are you referring?

[​IMG]

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I stand corrected - I removed my post as it no longer valid(there have been previously some)