Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. me777

me777 Commander

well, all the xeno blocks did not help - the soul syphon has a lot of armor. (and uses 5 aux cores)

It seemd I was out of range of all the visible beams, but something invisible was still hitting me.
    As soon as i retreated only a bit the legacy ship started to regain shield, so i hoped the armor would hold and stayed in the fight. But it did not, so i lost not only the decoys but also the shield, warp, pentaxid tank and most turrets. On the legacy ship 2 things went boom, (i think a generator and a thruster) on my ship a lot of things went boom.

maybe I should have gone for turrets first instead of only targeting generators, but that worked last time.
    maybe i was unlucky and the legacy ship was just above my class. (it was a bigger one, but i don't know the differences)

I more or less decided to load a old save from bevore i built the soul syphon as it is too big of a loss.

2. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Dear RE Developers !
    Description of devices in other languages - causes incorrect dimensions Comments with description of the device - see the screenshot!

[​IMG]

Please - if you can - fix the Window so that it automatically changes the WIDTH of the description window, depending on the Height of that window!
    For example - if the player has screen dimensions = 1600x900, and the height of the window with Description IN ENGLISH = 700, but in Russian, the height of the Description Window is already 1100, then you need to optimize the WIDTH so that the Height is "no more" than the height of the screen (900) ( !!!)

If this is not possible, then please - write to the Eleon Developers, explain the situation that you, as the developers of the Mod, cannot influence some parameters inside the Game, and ask Eleon to optimize the "Height of the device description window" so that in any mods everything works correctly on any languages!
    Thank you

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

We cannot support other languages.
    Vermillion has partial translation support for other languages.
    We cannot change the UI.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

I've not really played much of late and just started a fresh RE game on Uai - the odd temperate planet. It's very pretty, but my character is behaving like they're running through water all the time. It's sluggish to respond, slow, and any sort of jump see my character rapidly lose any forward momentum - like I'm running into a very strong head wind. The old sprint/jump trick no longer works, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but my character really cannot move well at all now. Plus the jet pack has about a second and a half of lift before it runs out. Again, not terrible for it to just be a "jump boost" in effect, but combined with the restricted mobility I'm really feeling it.

I know changes were made to the vanilla balance - I did try a vanilla game last during the Experimental, and a little while after it went live -but I don't recall the "walking through treacle" feeling being quite so pronounced. Should my character be a bit more nimble considering I'm only wearing light armour?

Just wondering if this is a vanilla thing, or whether RE has made addition adjustments.

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

It's a vanilla thing.
    Jumping cancels momentum.
    Dunno about the treacle thing.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hmm, maybe it's just me. I was last playing a Vanilla game and noticed the issue, but it seems more extreme in this fresh start with RE. The cancelling of momentum is certainly too extreme I think, makes gameplay seem very sluggish and unresponsive. I used to quite like being more nimble in Light Armour as opposed to the heavy stuff, but that option (unless boosts are more effective) is gone now.

Good job long-jump isn't an Empyrion sporting event... lol.

Not to worry, I'll get used to it, or I won't. Sorta put me off my fresh game start...well, that and an old (vanilla) bug that's still present halting my early-game progress.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  7. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Dear PE Developers
    Please clarify the situation -> Augmented Light Armor (which we create from 3000 Fragments of Living parts in the constructor) = there are 2 problems with it:

1) the minimum margin of Durability = 1809/10000, and it is already considered that the armor is "100% broken" (!). And lower than the value of 1809 - it DOES NOT FALL (!)

2) yesterday this Armor was FULL (9599 durability), but it got hit by the Zirax Base Turrets (some green splash, then Radiation Burn, then caught 1 homing missile), and today I noticed that the durability is again 1809 (!)

according to item 2) = is it a BAG? or is it normal when POI Bases instantly burn armor to 0?!

[​IMG]

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You're playing on a modded version of the scenario. The augmented armor has 5000 durability in the scenario.

You need to contact your server admin for support.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi. Is anyone else experiencing the "hv bouncing" bug? I recall this one from Vanilla ages ago - I even did bug report on it with a 100% repro case - but I've not seen it in a while. I only have a basic HV and was mining but, just as I got into the HV some spiders walked underneath it, throwing it around a bit and since then it'll only stop bouncing when I get out. I have to enable God Mode to exit the HV, as it won't stop bouncing.

HV is loaded, but not excessively I thought - 17.6t with four regular hover engines - and it well-balanced, but it now totally erratic and unusable in any real sense. I guess this is the old physics bug rearing its head once again.

Removing some of the Cargo instantly fixes the issue - taking it to a little over 10t does the trick - but loading it back up again sees it return right away.

Note: before this bug was a thing, an over-loaded HV would just sink, or not drive well, dragging along the ground. However, now it bounces...again. It really is like an old bug has come back, I've not seen this one in ages. God Mode to the rescue again, I'll load myself up with work-around the issue.

Edit: Obviously we're all well aware that HV physics is pretty broken at the best of times, having a total inability to follow the contours of the terrain but, funnily, reacting instantly to any spider or other critter that wanders underneath it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hello again.

I'm having a slight issue with those tiny red scorpions that appear in some POI's. They seem to be really tricky to hit. I'm not talking about their small size and fast speed, which of course does make them harder to aim at reliably. No. Rather I'm talking about them often not taking any damage at all when shot at short range with the basic shotgun. If I'm point-blank, they can usually be killed with one hit of this weapon. However, if they're on one block and I'm on the neighbouring block, that seems to be too far for the spread of the basic Shotgun.

Perhaps I'm simply using the wrong weapon, but I'm very early-game and have found no other weapons so far - just this shotgun - and can only craft the most basic guns. I have an AR and T1 Sniper as my basic weapons. That said, I think being at one block distance - let's call it approximately two meters or a little over six feet - and the basic shotgun's spread being unable to hit one of these critters seems excessive.

For the record, I found one of these tiny scorpions that was stuck, not moving - I know critters do this sometimes - so I was able to unload a complete clip (8 rounds in the Basic Shotgun) right onto the target but I was a block away at the time. So, initially I thought my aim was really poor and that's why I wasn't hitting these guys reliably at close-range. However, after this little test with the critter being stationary, I suspect it wasn't entirely my fault for not being able to hit.

So, approximately two metres away from the tiny red scorpion, T1 Shotgun, fully centred on target, eight shots and target still alive. I'm playing at medium difficulty, so no buffed critter health.

Thought: How many individual pellets does the T1 Shotgun actually shoot? Is the spread pattern random or fixed? Spread does seem very large. I mean, it should have a high spread as it's very much a short-range weapon, but becoming unable to hit something two metres away does seem a little excessive.

What do people think? I don't recall having this many problems with the basic Shotgun vs. these tiny dudes before. Indeed, the Shotgun - even the basic one I'm currently using - is the go to early-game weapon for these easier POI's.

stanley bourdon and Landru like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sorry, me again already...

Some time ago, I had a query regarding the Alien Sentries. I was informed that, despite having two barrels, they did in fact aim and fire based on the centre point between them. However, I just experienced something that contradicts that...

From cover, I was using my usual technique with the basic Sniper Rifle to peer just far enough around a corner that I could just hit the edge of the sentry. However, this time, the moment even the slightest bit of the Sentries right-side barrel was visible - not even the barrel, but the bit stuck to it, if you see what I mean - this Sentry was able to fire and hit me with ease. I had no valid firing solution myself. Sure, I had visual on the edge of the sentry when aiming down the scope, but I just hit the blocks I was peering around. Sentry could hit me fine though.

I flipped things, hugging the opposite wall so I'd be attempting to shoot the left, rather than the right, side of the Sentry. From this angle, I exposed myself (ahem, you know what I mean) to the Sentry. I could now readily hit the Sentry's left barrel with return fire. As a test, I moved out a little more, I could now readily hit the dead centre of the Sentry. Testing further, I moved out a fraction more, so the Sentry's right barrel - the one I was initially trying to shoot - was exposed once more. Now the Sentry started firing and hitting me!

So, in this test, it was only when the Sentry's RIGHT hand barrel was exposed, that it could shoot me, where my shots were blocked. When I flipped this, it was ME who was able to shoot, not the sentry. This suggest that it's perhaps not aligning on the centre point of the two barrels, even if it's supposed to be.

Note: as the player Character is forced to be right-handed, obviously cover to the left of the player while peeking out is better. This is what I almost exclusively do. Now, of course, this means that potentially more of the player is exposed when cover is to the right in theory. So, I presume that the Sentry is programmed to shoot at the players centre, not the head and arm poking out around cover. This would explain why it seems that the Sentry is shooting from the right-hand barrel only. However, that said, in the second scenario, I was surely just as expose to fire when I had full, aim-down-scope LoS on the centre of the Sentry?

I'm guessing this is a base game issue, due to the Sentries being quite limited in how they aim. It might seem like quite the advantage to the player, but how many times have YOU had perfect aimed LoS on a target, only to somehow "hit" the block you're peeping around?

Anyway, just thought it interesting and I'm easily distracted it seems...

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

@Scoob All of that is from the base game. We have no control over vanilla models.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool, no worries. Would you guys consider creating a custom alien Sentry Turret model with a single, central barrel like the player one? It would likely help eliminate these quirks. Being shot by things / not being able to shoot things, due to weird gremlins like this can be particularly irksome. I get it's likely not a simple task, just wondering whether it was something you'd ever considered?

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

We cannot create custom turret models. They require scripts that Eleon won't provide.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's a shame. Hopefully something Eleon can provide to the modding community at some point in the future. Thanks for the reply.

16. me777

me777 Commander

I have a little troubble with Object 13 - it seems the one that says code to the left plus something is wrong the something i calculate in reverse from the code (got it with gm iv) is different. with that the other clues match.
    (I hope that makes sense)
    Also im at object 13 the first time on the server, but the save is old.

It savs plus 763 but plus 1997 is correct

17. Digital Joy

Digital Joy Ensign

Hi all, First of all just wanted to say loving the mod. I play on a server with me and a friend so its just us two. We're running the basic version of RE without any extras added on. We've recently been running into a problem though. We'll be fighting drones or a ship and suddenly it'll just disappear. If your on foot and you go into aim mode it pops back into existence but when your out of it "poof" its gone again. We've also been running into invisible enemies from time to time. Is there any fix for this or any idea what might be causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Needs to be reproduced and reported in a VANILLA save game otherwise the issue won't be possible to fix.

19. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

5 unique merchants, 1 per faction.
    Bargaining with a reputation of 30k.
    They appear randomly.
    Creels - trade in shield blocks, pirates in invisibility generator, others are unknown.

Dear PE developers - what can you tell about these "unique merchants"?! Where can they appear? Or in what types of star systems?

Please tell us what you think is necessary for a common understanding about these "unique" merchants!
    Thank you :)

20. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Bug - my turrets on the Big Ship - refuse to shoot at the "guard turret player" at the Enemy Base!
    At the same time, the turret settings are fully enabled ... but the turret shoots at GENERATORS, but not at closer turrets ... please check
    Thank you