Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

And now that we have the new shortcuts, this can be done by pressing the right combination, without opening the control panel at all.

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did try it docked, not docked and powered-up, but each time the Lift passed cleanly through the HV - no hint of a collision.

Ah ok, so I need to be in the vessel, then remotely trigger the Lift. Will try that, ta.

Edit: Yep, that seems to work consistently, thanks.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another question... Is there some hard limit on the number of Drone wrecks that can exist at one time? I ask because wrecks are regularly despawning the moment they hit the ground.

During base attacks, I tend to shoot down six or so heavy drones, then a couple of Troop Transports. The last one or two drones that are shot down, despawn right away after the wreckage crashes. Usually it's the Troop Transports that lag behind the others slightly, so are shot down last. The last one to be shot down then despawns.

I'm literally watching these things go boom, fall out of the sky then vanish. I need all the loot (really, I'm struggling here lol) :)

Edit, apologies, a second query as trying to figure out what just happened...

I took my new CV out to salvage a wreck - the classic Titan Rear section. I'd placed a Salvage Core on this wreck and was transferring stuff. I then got a "base attack" message, which I didn't think happened with Salvage Cores but it wasn't the Titan wreck they were going for, they basically spawned right on top of my CV, seconds after the base attack alert.

Weird sequence of coincidences or something else? Note: this wasn't a "new CV spotted" type message, but a regular base attack, yet I was far from one of my bases.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi again,

I've found in loot an Ammo type "Colonist Bolter Round (Alien)" I'm not supposed to - tool tip for the ammo says report it if I find it.

Please examine this saved game, the Wreckage (Space) POI in front of you is full of the stuff.

This is just a regular Single Player Survival game with the RE Scenario.

5. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Is Fuel Depot "RBA_XanuFuelDepot" yours?
    the clues for the switch code need attention
    2 of the # are in the same position (3rd)

thank you

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The XenuFuelDepot is a sulusdacor POI iirc.
    Aside from changing the name so it would fit in the Reforged POI groups, it should be identical to the vanilla version of the POI.

7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hello! Random hopeful request, not sure if this is the right place for it.

What I've been missing in my SV arsenal is a fixed Autocannon. Are there any plans to bring something like this to the scenario? Basically what I'm looking for is just a fixed equivalent of the Cannon turret, for use against non-shielded OPVs (like the bandit OPVs and such). I figure the Minigun is a poor substitute due to low damage against armored blocks and devices, and the other option I considered, the Railgun, is quite slow to fire indeed, and has rather expensive ammo. Hoping I could have a fixed weapon somewhere between the two at some point, hopefully with the damage boost that the cannon turret already gets against armored blocks, devices, etc.

Are there any plans to bring a fixed weapon like this to the scenario? Or is there another fixed weapon that I've overlooked which would fill this role?

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's a lot of cool new weapons coming in RG2. Some of them may fit more what you are looking for.

A Mueller and Slam Jones like this.
  9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

That's the best possible answer I could have hoped for! Glad to hear it :D

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Question: If I encounter POI's that have HV / SV Blocks, should I report that here? I did a POI a few days back and, when breaking it down, I thought I'd hit the jackpot with CPU Extensions. However, upon recovering them, HALF of them were for HV / SV and not BA. Should a POI generally obey the game-rules when it comes to blocks and CPU allowances? I mean, it's ok to sometimes get an S-Class Railing, Window or Steel block returned from a POI - a few older ones still do this - but when it's a high-tier component such as a CPU extension, I feel a bit robbed lol.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That would be intended.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

May I ask why that would be? When taking on larger and more difficult POI's, the salvage rewards can often be quite valuable. To find a high-level block on a Base and for it to be the HV version is a bit of a let down.

It seems that some POI's play by the rules - BA-Class blocks on a BA, CPU rules adhered to - whereas others do not.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Usually it's either so you get less salvage from a poi (for example a wreck on a starter planet) or for appearances or for making the poi armed with less dangerous weapons (hv turrets instead of CV turrets).

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, I see. I wonder if it's possible to introduce damaged variants of such valuable items? I.e. that crashed CV might have CV-Class components, but many are "damaged" so yield less resources when disassembled with the MT or recycled with the Deconstructor. How functional they'd be if recovered intact would be another choice - I'd suggest non functional personally.

Also, if a wreck is so valuable - if it has class-appropriate devices - should it be on a starter planet at all? I notice that some of the more valuable "Crashed CV" wrecks do have stripped-down versions with far less valuable stuff to salvage.

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The more "damaged devices" we add, the more block IDs they take up. Possible, yes, but I don't want to have to do that for so many things.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I can imagine it'd be a lot of work, plus, how generous is the Block Id limit these days? It was quite tight at one point, but I thought it got increased.

I think, if it were me, I'd be more inclined to go "all engines were destroyed when it crashed" sort of thing, then use combinations of blocks to suggest where an engine was - a few POI's already do this. I prefer it to being teased that there's something of value, only for it to be an SV Thruster or CPU extender. I experience great joy at the occasional lucky find, it's a shame when it turns out to be something else.

That said, I pretty much always manage to find enough CV parts to cobble together a basic CV on the starting planet - whichever one it might be. Rarely, I might need to go to the moon - if the planet has one - but I salvaged a couple of crashed CV's on the Ocean starting planet and built a warp capable CV of my own before venturing to another planet in the system. So, with many such POI's there are ample resources, so finding the odd one with non-CV / BA blocks can be a little jarring.

As I tend not to follow the plot lines initially, I've also often started a fresh game, picked a random planet and teleported myself there for a fun start. I noticed that Spanj has done exactly that in his current series, but he was very generous with his starting gear.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

SV devices are so you can make a SV.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes...but, I look for a CV wreck for a reason, cos I want to make a CV :)

It's cool, I see why you do this, it's just that SV parts on a CV wreck (that's actually a BA) have never proven useful to me personally. I understand that certain mission / plot-related vessels are full of SV parts, as the player can encounter these literally in the first few minutes of play. I'm not talking about these explicitly-placed POI's that advance the story. No. I'm talking purely about the random chance spawn CV wrecks that appear to have the odd SV block in the mix, almost as if it's an oversight that they've been missed during conversion. These can crop up anywhere, not just starting planets.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick query: Shields in RE - is there any sort of recharge delay after being hit, or is the rate absolute? I.e. if the Shield recharges at 200 /s and an enemy is dealing 100 /s my shields would never vary from 100% - bar the odd anomaly to 99%

I seem to get time to only play in a few minute increments of late, so not left the current planet yet, though I do still plan to do the Infected mission chain again.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There is a delay after taking damage. I don't know what the default is but I think like 10 seconds.