Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Ente

Ente Commander

Thats no different from OPVs, those also don't respawn. Not respawning isn't a problem anyways imho, there are a lot of systems in a standard size RE Galaxy.

2. sulusdacor

sulusdacor Captain

the fix for the vanilla poi was already submited a while ago. i have no influence over when this is added reforged or vanilla.

stanley bourdon and Vermillion like this.
  3. VPanda

VPanda Lieutenant

Does RE work with the latest Experimental 1.10?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Please see the workshop.

5. dichebach

dichebach Captain

An issue I'm presently having in a singleplayer instance of RE. Base is a "buried" base, meaning: prefab from factory that I lowered to the correct depth so that only the guns on top stick up above ground. Requires clearing out the rock inside but not a big deal.

PPV came by and my turrets took it out. Scambled to get a core on it and loot what I could. Previously (like 9 or 10 months ago) I had made changes in a config file to a parameter that regulates how long spawns remain. I had boosted it up to about 30 minutes. Even though the tool-tip still displays short time frames, I have the sense that this config file edit has not got over-written. I presume that normally the PPV would completely disappear in about 5 minutes or less, but in this case, it persisted for about 30 minutes.

I had my SV and a portable sitting right near it fiddling with blocks trying to grab as many as possible when the CV spawned out. Blueish, glowy, flashing light. Okay, cool, managed to get at least some stuff. But then the blue glow did not go away. Long story short, it has persisted (even after a complete relog of the session) and kind of comes and goes.

I had noticed when this blue glow started flashing that it seemed like my character avatar responsiveness to inputs was somehow stuttery. Like, I'd try to turn and there would be a delay in the character turning, as if the character was stuck. This went away pretty quickly though.

So that is one problem: the particle effect from the despawning PPV seems to be bugged for some reason.

A potentially related effect (not sure if this is just something to do with changes Eleon have made to occlusion culling/collions stuff, or if it somehow relates to the bugged PPV spawn out particle effect.

When I get my miner SV under the base and attempt to dig shafts and stuff in order to build logistic container networks, any time my ship is near terrain or blocks the pitch roll and yaw responsiveness seems highly muted, as if the SV is "stuck" even though it doesn't seem like it should be. This happens from time to time while mining ores too, but this seems a bit different, as if the game is calculating that the SV's collision is crossing into the collision of the terrain or building and it is trying to determine if it needs to use the old "spit it out on the surface solution," decides it shouldn't and the result is that, yawing, rolling and pitching just turn into a very slow stuttery process instead of simply being unable to move or moving normally.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Neither would be anything we can fix.

dichebach likes this.
  7. dichebach

dichebach Captain

This seems like a great idea. However, one thing. Ente said "make them [the combat sites] incredibly rare." I don't see the point of adding a feature that allows players to "reliably" find Dreadnoughts to engage and then making that site "incredibly rare." The whole point is to make it "easier" to find Dreadnought fights, right? Not to say that there should be a "Dreadnought combat site" in every single solar system, nor even necessarily in 50% of them. But if the point is to prevent the emergent problem Ente describes with players having to go search through hundreds or thousands of systems to find a Dread to fight then those combat sites need to be: (a) sufficiently common in the galaxy; (b) sufficiently reliable as a regular source of respawned Dreadnoughts, that finding one site effectively obviates the need to ever look for another one.

Just to spitball an idea or two for you: Have a space sector that is a Zirax sector. Maybe put some asteroids or space stations in it, but nothing that is too potent (thus making the player potentially have to fight a potent space station AND a dreadnought), maybe some kind of Logistics Hub?

Make the probability that one of these space sectors exists in any system that is flagged as "Zirax allowed" something like 30 to 40%.

8. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Okay, cool. So these issues are likely NOT a result of anything in the scenario, but rather vanilla bugs. That is what I was wanting to know.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Most likely they would be around high tier star systems, such as WR and exotic systems within Zirax territory.

10. me777

me777 Commander

2 little questions:
    Are there abandoned POI outside the starting planets? I could not yet find anny.
    Where would I search for voidium?

Thanks.

11. kbest45

kbest45 Ensign

Hi, is someone able to confirm if hive mothers/swarm mothers can be found in infested systems outside of drone space? Thanks!

12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hello! I may have found a bug, wanted to check if its an RE problem before writing a full report.

The problem exists with the SV weapons: Heavy Laser Cannon and Heavy Laser Turret (the blue ones that a player creates by upgrading the normal Laser Cannon and Laser Turret weapons). Upon firing the Heavy Laser Turret a few times, issues will begin to occur with the Heavy Laser Cannons in that one or more Heavy Laser Cannons will then cease to fire, or fire projectiles that disappear after only a few meters. This issue has not occurred without firing the Heavy Laser Turret, nor has it occurred with the regular Laser Cannon and Laser Turret. Some funky things began occurring with the SVs Railguns too at this point but I cannot confirm if the two issues are related, though they certainly seem to manifest themselves at the same time.

I can provide a video later today if further details are required.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Fixed weapons need a direct line of sight from the muzzle position to the exact point your crosshair is aiming at otherwise they may "misfire".

This is typically caused by a combination of the range of your target, the position of your weapons relative to your cockpit or camera position, and any other blocks or obstacles that are in the way.

Slam Jones likes this.
  14. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Interesting, thank you for the quick response!

I will try repositioning my laser cannons and see if that fixes the issue.

15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Here is a video highlighting the issue, with a craft which, being derivative of the X-Wing, is unlikely to have issues with the muzzle position misfire issue you mentioned, and I think more related to some issue with the Heavy Laser Turret itself perhaps.

In the first part of the video, you can see that the Heavy Laser Cannons were all firing normally, as expected.

Then, I move to the turret and demonstrate that it, too, is working normally by firing a few shots.

Lastly, I leave the turret and use the Heavy Laser Cannons again to find that they are now no longer firing normally, in fact only one of four appears to be firing, and intermittently at that.

I've also included the SV from the video for you to test yourself if so desired, in the chance that there's something wrong with my game or save files.

Attached Files:

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's no way for us to fix that kind of an issue. We have no control over how turrets or fixed weapons actually function.

17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I see. I had assumed that since the issue only occurs with the combination of Heavy Laser Turret and Heavy Laser Cannon, both RE non-vanilla weapons, and the fact that the issue does not occur with any other weapon/turret combo that I have tried, that the issue was with the weapons or turrets themselves or in the way that they were setup.

Interestingly, I also noticed that if I remove the Heavy Laser Turret and replace it with a regular (Light) Laser Turret, it keeps the same ammo from the Heavy variant. Like, the Heavy Turret has 23 shots left. I remove it and place a Light Laser Turret. The Light Laser Turret then has 23 shots in the clip.

Kinda sucks that I cannot use a Heavy Laser Turret since it will glitch out my Heavy Laser Cannons (kinda makes the turret useless tbh), but hopefully RE2 fixes this issue in some way or another, or at least offer alternative weapons that could fill that role.

Thanks for the thorough and comprehensive help!

18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

It's because the heavy lasers are hitscan, while the light lasers are projectile. For RE2, both will be projectile.
    Note: Both the Laser and Heavy Laser weapons use the same model. So the problem is likely something with the default game's model itself. I'd guess that where Ranged and Launcher locations fire from on the model are different, resulting in collisions with the model itself... or something.

Slam Jones likes this.
  19. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Somehow I didn't see this reply. Thank you for the detailed response!

I'm glad to hear that RE2 should be able to resolve the issue. I hoped that would be the case but didn't want to assume.

I did notice that some weird issues also occurred with the Railgun when the problems with the cannons appear (the railguns seemed to fire two sets of shots, one in the normal direction and another set in a random trajectory... are the railguns hitscan as well or something?), but I will wait until RE2 to test further. With any luck, these issues will disappear at that time.

Thank you for the response and sorry if I came off as rude in the previous posts.

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The Railguns are hitscan.
    Ever since the Unity version regression in 1.9, some assets are bugged. Railgun tracers are doubled up.

Slam Jones likes this.