Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Nevermind, I balanced it a little bit, it's fine now.

Something else: the Interceptor in space, which fires red lasers rapidly, I think a little bit OP. Not by itself, but they flank in groups, then shred the advanced CV shield in seconds. I've just barely escaped (by warp), I noticed they go for the warp drive first. This amount of space drones are invincible, or dunno but the turrets couldn't keep up (and they reacted a bit slowly btw, which I consider game bug or sth.).

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

They don't go for the warp drive, they go for the generators.
    It's a case of the right tool for the right job and you really should avoid the interceptors. They're there to fight evenly against SVs or to disable CVs. If they couldn't do either, they'd be loot pinatas like they are in vanilla.
    CV/BA shields are getting a slight buff in the next update and shield damage of interceptors will be lowered a bit.

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Oh, if it's intended, I take it back. I like this way tbh. I'm a bit of an aggressive player, I used to wipe out the zirax from the entire system. In RF is kinda hard, but not a requirement.))

This is my 3rd savegame btw. First 2 savegames ended up with death loop in space while tried to mining out some resource asteroid with SV, both time cut down in seconds by a variety of space drones. (The console kills the game for me.) Good! So I like the possibility of getting shred in space and not a walk in the park the whole game like the vanilla.

So I suggest, if other players don't send you a petition against the bloodthirsty space drones, please don't nerf them.)))

4. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

How rare are Advanced Cores in RE?

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Unobtainable.
    The containers that you'd normally get them from gives Quantum CPU Extenders. Quantum CPU extenders that are smaller, lighter, consume less power and can be used without placement limits to add +200,000 CPU for CV/BA and 6,000 CPU for HV/SV.

6. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Speaking of which, what about the advanced/reinforced heavy armor, where can I find it?

7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Ultra Rare loot containers. Same as vanilla.

8. Luke_

Luke_ Ensign

So I'm not sure what's going on here in my save but the Registry seems to be unavailable but only in the Reforged Eden scenario. The attached screenshot is what I see when I try to use it; anyone else have this issue?

error.png

9. Homunk

Homunk Lieutenant

I had this happen before and I think after an update it went away. That's all I can say about it.

10. Wellingtoon

Wellingtoon Commander

I get this every time I open the registry in Project Eden. It still works - just continue

11. Luke_

Luke_ Ensign

Yeah I do just continue but the registry is a pretty nice tool - like being able to change/remove waypoints on other planets and systems, seeing where you've been, and I believe remotely accessing ships, etc. So it'd be nice if it worked.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I assume that if the database becomes corrupted in the save game then the registery will stop working. I don't know why the that would happen though.

13. Homunk

Homunk Lieutenant

When it happened in my game, I still could use the registry. Just had to change the playfield and after that all objects appeared and were accessible.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I don't think it's caused by Reforged. But i've found a potential source and I don't even know how it's doing it since it causes a CoQ when opening up a ship's P-menu even though the device has no interface with the ship menu.
    Will be fixed in the next update... which will probably be tomorrow.

15. Luke_

Luke_ Ensign

Oh wow awesome!

16. me777

me777 Commander

As for the next update:

Should i restart? or will a old save work?
    (asking because if i need to restart i would take a break)

17. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, the latest version of Reforged Eden won't be out for a day or two.
    You'll need a fresh game when it hits since it adds a lot of new POIs and story mission content.

18. me777

me777 Commander

OK, another question about RE:

There are no spiders and no base attacks on heaven, right?

Could i tweak it so i do have spiders but still no base attacks? or are the spider spawns deleted (instead set to like 0)?
    I'm asking because last time i collected relative few alienparts and also leveling seemed a bit slow on heaven.

Or the other way around: could I turn base attacks off on another (single) starter planet? (not alltogether, just for my starter planet)

Thanks for the great mod!

19. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

While I will not swear to anything in RE or RG, Once you first enter a playfield (Vanilla), it's settings become permanent. If you start with base attacks off, then change the settings, the starter will still have no base attacks. BUt the starter moon will.

Otherwise, I don't think it's possible.

Kassonnade likes this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You can modify these parameters in any playfield, but like @GoldDragon mentioned it will not affect a playfield that has already been generated. This means that once a playfield has loaded (player has entered it once) the game relies, from there on, on the content of other files than the playfield's yaml. These "other" files are in the various folders of the savegame, and in formats we can't modify (.dat & such). You can have a look in your latest savegame folder, and you will see that after the game is started it has copied the Sectors, Content, Templates (the playfield's yaml), PDA and Stamps folders with the "original" files. It also generates other folders : Shared, Players and Playfields. There is also another set of folders generated for the terrain and deco items (trees and rocks) in the "Cache" folder of your savegame.

So you can modify a playfield yaml in your save game's "template" folder as long as this playfield has not been generated (visited) in game.

Besides that, it kind of defeats the purpose of a Scenario if players customize it, because it can then alter gameplay and difficulty in a way that renders some tasks moot, or it can even break quests. For example, there are "checks" in a scenario to see if X items or amount of items are present in the player's inventory. If said items were carefully placed in a playfield so the player has to find them, and he just uses the console to get the quest completion trigger, then the next steps of the quest might not trigger on if they expected the player to be in a specific location to pick up the items. This is just an example, but I feel bad for scenario makers when such questions are asked.

On Eleon's side, the way to answer such requests is usually to simply say "if you use mods we can't help you", and this prevents them from having to address hundreds of different issues stemming from different setups that they have no clue about. To make it worse, players often forget to mention that they modified things and have the devs search in vain...