Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

I saw several parked hoverbikes in the Constructor, but how do I get them? Howler, for example..

2. stropi

stropi Ensign

Hello, would it be possible to add a token that reduces a class level by one when used similiar to the current Naval Commendation that adds one level ? Or rework the way missions rewards work (currently adds +1 level to the corresponding class instead of setting the level like engineer mission 2 should set engineer level = 3 instead of +1 level).

I'm currently a player in a co-op game. Host had a crash which closed the server and corrupted my player save in the crash, everything else was fine (playfield, host player save etc). I had to restart a character and I used Naval Commendation (using consol command give item Token 4013) to get back to the right class level (which was lvl 4, had alien blocks mission in progress). I then wanted to get back on track and pick back mission 4 but I noticed using the token it didn't complete mission 1, 2 and 3, so I started doing these back manually and noticed they were still increasing my level (doing mission 1 made me engineer level 5) which broke the class system and I'm worried I won't get to choose a sub class properly now because I'll end up above the correct level finishing engineer missions in a legit manner.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No. The class system uses the dialog system, while the class missions are part of the PDA. They are not intercompatible.
    You will be able to keep doing class missions and then pick a sub class. The only difference is that you will have extra class levels on top.

4. Fragtzack

Fragtzack Ensign

Started playing Empyrion again few weeks back. Really only ever played Reforged Eden. Think last I played was 1.7 or 1.8.

Just finished Hostile Apparatus chapter in this most recent build. I thought there was more after completing Hostile Apparatus.

Did there used to be more missions after Hostile Apparatus in older versions?

5. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Is there a way to get the alternate skin Hoverbikes (such as the Wasp) besides the Item Menu? Or is this something that's still in the works?

Wellingtoon likes this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

You can buy them from some traders iirc. Or that may be in the next update to RG.

Wellingtoon and GoldDragon like this.
  7. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Thank you.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick question, no right or wrong answer, but, with the additional assets etc. provided by the Dark Faction DLC, can you picture Reforged Eden eventually requiring this DLC?

Popular mods from other games I play, often do require any DLC's due to the various assets and / or functionality they provide. No doubt I'll get the Dark Faction DLC, not just yet though.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

As of now we have no plans to require the DLC.

Landru likes this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool, thanks for confirming.

On another note: the combination of the game update to v1.11 4448 (I don't have DLC yet) and an update to RE that also downloaded just now, have broken something... The shots from POI Sentry Turrets no longer render. Also, I'm being shot through blocks constantly, like they're not there at all!

I was playing earlier today, prior to the game and RE update, and all was well. I load my save - I am inside a Zirax Bio-Weapons Lab POI - and I'm being shot through blocks by those little sentry robots (perhaps they were clipping?) and getting really badly shot up by internal sentries too.

Edit: Note that the console is being spammed with:

ResourceName not found: @rg_projectiles/TG_ProjectilesLaserZiraxRedSx2
    Trader prefab with name '@rg_projectile/RG_ProjectilesLaserZiraxRedSx2' not found
    Could not load asset bundle 'rg_projectiles'
    Could not load asset bundle 'rg_projectiles'

I have scores of such entries, just moments after loading my save and coming under fire.

Edit 2: Turrets seem to be able to shot through door frames quite consistently. If the door is closed, they don't fire, if the door is open BUT the player isn't in LoS of the Sentry, due to the Door frame, that is ignored. I.e. Player has ZERO LoS on the sentry - not even the slightest sliver of an edge - yet the Sentry is able to shoot through the door frame to hit the player. This has largely broken this POI, as cover isn't working, the bullets being invisible doesn't help either lol.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes it's a known game issue, the game is not loading custom assets.
    Developers are aware so they'll fix it as soon as they are able but for now I don't recommend playing the scenario.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Oh, ok. I've made a little progress, Coring that specific POI, but it was a little frustrating. I'll save and not play until it's addressed. Cheers.

13. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

In a previously undiscovered system, I found a bandit outpost. It did not shoot at me. I assume it should have.
    Is there a fix?

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

stanley bourdon likes this.
  15. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That isn't the only cause of the AI shutting off but it is one I was able to reproduce all the time.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

I've found an issue with a space wreck POI, namely:

"Wrecked Cargo Vessel"
    id=4552

I entered the ship, found the Core and destroyed it, however, it won't accept either a Salvage Core or a Regular Core, acting as if there's still a Core present. Nor can I access the contents of Fuel Tanks.

There were a number of other "Wrecked Cargo Vessel" POI's here - it's sorta of a cluster of ship wrecks and a station - but they were a different model, and destroying their Cores allowed me to place a Salvage Core as you'd expect.

I'm flying around the wreck, seeing if there's perhaps another Core. It does have a CPU Extender, but they don't usually block the placement of a Core.

Edit: Tried taking out the CPU Extension but, as expected, it make no difference. Still not found a second Core...

Edit 2: Ah, I see what's happened. It looks like there are two separate "Wrecked Cargo Vessel" models are the each have their OWN Core. However, after ignoring the one I could not place a core on, despite DESTROYING the Core that was there, I moved to one of the other wrecks. I found the Core on that and destroyed it. Placing a Salvage Core I began looting cargo, then salvaging components. As part of that, I used "Show on HUD" for certain key items, such as Generators and Thrusters. It was then I noticed that the location of several of these was the other wreck.

So, this was indeed a single POI, but split in two, EACH part having its own Core. Only after destroying both - one in each section - could I place the Salvage Core. Hope this explains things. Is this intended or and oversight?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  18. me777

me777 Commander

Since the latest game and scenario patch I can no longer walk over "Armored Window L" blocks placed flat on another surface. I tryed creative there was no problem. Could also be the suit im wearing its the "Durable Epic Heavy Armor" I'm on a playfield with 1.05g, akua (old save and old base)
    Thanks

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Wouldn't be an issue with the scenario. That's a vanilla block model.

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Which way up are the Windows? I ask as I was walking over the outside of Armoured Windows blocks just the other night without any obvious issues. Also, for you, do they have to be horizontal, or do you have problems walking near vertically-placed Windows, as I do that fairly often. Not denying you're have issues, just trying to compare our experiences. I have the Base game (latest Patch) and the latest available RE, no other tweaks or changes on my part.