Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you're talking about the Drone faction themselves, they are meant to be very difficult. There is no training with them. :D

2. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

Bein
    As a guy who grew up with Pong and Pac Man, I can't avoid to be amazed by this sentence:)

pcoborys and Wellingtoon like this.
  3. me777

me777 Commander

I have trouble with the eden mission, I cant get in the colony ship. Says wrong faction on all airlocks. (one has those green lights around)
    I think it's because i made my own faction.
    Can someone tell if leaving my faction would help? (or is it intended that way and i have to do something bevore?)

4. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

Not a complaint, just sharing info in case it means anything to anyone else.
    I was doing the first Talon Mission to go to the temple? It was supposed to activate >Strike Team. But the Zirax never spawned.
    I followed a few suggestions - relog, relog standing near the Red terminal, kill ANY Zirax, wait for POI to reset, deactivate / reactivate the mission.
    None of the suggestions worked, but when I did the last one (deactivate/reactivate mission) 2 things did happen.
    1. I get an error every time I log in now "Playfield GameOp Error: ParameterError"
    2. All of the terrain around the POI for the mission is floating a couple of meters above the ground (was normal the first time showing up)

This is on a multiplayer server on the planet Roggery.
    Once I get warp capabilities, I will try to get to Temperate playfield and see if I can complete it there.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sounds like regeneration is turned off and someone claimed the poi and locked everyone else out.
    Talk to an admin on your server for assistance.

6. me777

me777 Commander

sorry, did not say: its on singleplayer.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you captured it and then changed your faction yes that can lock you out.
    You can use the gm iv command to change it back to private.

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

You need to kill "Zirax Soldiers", not rocket, flamethrower, sniper or shotgun zirax. They were formerly known as Minigun Zirax, except they never used a minigun.
    There will be an auto-complete for MP in the next version.

9. me777

me777 Commander

OK, I did not put enough info...

lets begin with my faction: i made it for a local multiplayer and my friend was just a few hours with me.
    I was only player after that in survival.
    I went to the science vessel in alpha and took the mission (actually both)
    went to the colony ship (for the first time) and could not get in, tryed all airlocks including the one with green lights (i was still in my faction)
    then i changed all my stuff back to private and left my faction. (somehow i was expecting to loose my stuff if i didnt do this, i did not test it)
    went to the planet, there everything worked as intended, including the doors with code (and all those explosions)
    went back to colony ship, still other faction everywhere.

is the airlock with the green lights the correct one? dont want to mess up the quest, it seems rather interesting.

i intend to do a faction again, do i have to expect problems or was that not the cause of the problem?

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Can you share a few screenshots of the ship and the door you're trying to enter?
    It's the small door with arrows pointing to it labeled airlock

11. me777

me777 Commander

just fixed it, i did a wipe poi , warped out and back in and after that it worked as i expected it to. (maybe i come back later and search for the loot i might have missed following the storry)

and i remembered a possible cause: as i warped to the sector for the first time my game crashed, almost forgot about it, even as my ship was 2 kilometer from my spawnpoint... seems i was so eager to explore the ship that i did not consider this. i wonder if it would have worked with my faction still set... maybe i have a save i can test that in. but tomorrow.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad you got it working!

13. me777

me777 Commander

OK, short feedback:
    loaded old save and went to the colony ship; everything seems to work, so it was just a onetime bug, nothing wrong with the mod.
    (and player faction is no problem)

14. muggen

muggen Ensign

Hey,

Not too sure where to post it.. but thought I should pass it on none the less.

I was playing on a local server(friends computer hosting) in RE where we were jointly upgrading our base, and came upon an exploit that I'm not sure is known or not.

I was upgrading our constructors in place using the multi-tool, while I was linked to our cargo box.
    My friend was adding the last item we needed to the box, so the box was open to him.
    Immediately after he added the required item, I upgraded the constructor, but the materials did not leave the box.

We discussed the exploit.. and in our great pains to test the exploit ;P we did it again.
    The materials were still there (and only enough for one constructor upgrade), so again with him viewing the cargo box I was linked to , I upgraded the constructor. Again, no materials were taken for the upgrade.

ravien_ff likes this.
  15. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

You should report this to Eleon, since this is a problem with the logistics system.

muggen and ravien_ff like this.
  16. drmccollum

drmccollum Ensign

What changes to this scenario are recommended for a dedicated server where many more players will be using resources?

17. muggen

muggen Ensign

Hmm, I really should have thought of that... it would be a base system issue, not a RE thing.
    My bad, and thanks.

18. MacShell

MacShell Ensign

@Vermillion The Forge Aerospace will come with any upgrades/changes to the FA-026B Lockdown to be Reforged compliant? It's one of the coolest hover I know! :)

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The following applies to the Project Eden side of things:
    There are so many new things added for scenarios in this update, along with quite a few game changes! Unfortunately I won't have time to do more than a minor update for version 1.3.

The scenario will be compatible and should work just fine, but I might not get the new game POIs and missions and factions fully added until early next year when I get more vacation time. So don't expect any big changes to the scenario itself for the 1.3 update, but please know that I am working on it! :D

20. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

Me, like I hope everybody else here, appreciate immensely what you do DURING YOUR VACATION (!!!!!), really, thanks!

I suggested to Spanj a special episode presenting the scenario with you guys, a Q&A sort of thing, like what he did a couple of times with Eleon, I hope that when the time will come, you will be up for it, it will be a great way to answer questions and to show off your work, I know Vermillion is pretty proud of his ships' interiors for example;-)

ravien_ff, icky, Wellingtoon and 3 others like this.