Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Dig another one and exit away from the base, try to get far enough to be outside the detection envelope

2. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

If
    If you have access to HV gats and some ammo you can probably fight your way out.
    As a rule of thumb I always try to get a minimalist HV with at least one gat as soon as possible for both defense and exploration. Something like this is usually good enough to start with:
    RE-OsctTest_2020-07-26_12-58-24.jpg RE-OsctTest_2020-07-26_12-58-51.jpg RE-OsctTest_2020-07-26_12-59-16.jpg

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Making them go home is not possible.
    Since you're underground, dig a long tunnel away from your base and just leave them alone. Come back at take them out when you have a sniper rifle or something that can pick them off from a distance.

4. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Kewl! Sounds like you have restored the game to a sort of earlier permutation when it comes to the drills. I'm deeply into my Project Eden playthrough, but will plan to try out a RFE start at some point!

Vermillion likes this.
  5. ashenwood

ashenwood Ensign

Hi!
    Possible bug found.

Recently started playing Empyrion and me and a few friends just started out today with playing
    Reforged Eden Scenario. Looks promising.

I started in the Beta Solar System, Snow world. Seed: 258787

In first person view, on the top right we have the "radar / compass" I point it to the west and run.

My player on planet / map view runs to the east.

Can not post screenshots or links to the share where I have the screenshots because the forum does not seem to support it.

6. dichebach

dichebach Captain

EEYEEUP! I'm taking the plunge!

Hearing that you reworked the CPU system got me looking at your workshop page . . . Seeing that I can deal with Nightmares and Scorpions with a flammenwerfer . . . that was the spark! :p

The Salty Snake Chef likes this.
  7. The Salty Snake Chef

The Salty Snake Chef Captain

Be wary of the f****** Zirax interceptors. Mine in space with caution my friend...Less you want red or green particles hitting your canopy before being cooked alive.

Vermillion and dichebach like this.
  8. dichebach

dichebach Captain

OH HELL YES! A pistol that I can actually KILL a Telluropod with using <= one magazine of cartridges!

Why is it that an end-user has a BETTER sense for how to make a fun game than people who are professional game developers?? :eek:

stanley bourdon and Vermillion like this.
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Radar/moving handling would be a bug with the game, not with the scenario.

ashenwood and ravien_ff like this.
  10. DrCoras

DrCoras Ensign

Not sure if this would be a bug with the scenario or with the base game, but I cannot find it anywhere else on the forums here or in Steam, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I am still on the starter planet, but ever since the last update the Ultra Rare loot containers only have 1 of 2 items in them. They either have 14 Health Packs or 20 Hydrocells. I have now hit 7 of them and it was always one of these 2 items.

The Rare and Very Rare still give good items as they used to, it is only the Ultra Rare that seems broken currently. I know Reforged Eden made some balancing changes, but not sure if they extend to the loot expectations.

If this is the wrong place I apologize and I will place it in the regular bug forum. Also, thanks for an awesome add on to the base game. I couldn't imagine going back now!

11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Loot list
    Code:
        Name_0: AutoMinerCore, param1: 0.1, param2: "1,3"
        Name_1: GoldIngot, param1: 0.35, param2: "10,40"
        Name_2: SmallOptronicBridge, param1: 0.2, param2: "2,8"
        Name_3: SmallOptronicMatrix, param1: 0.17, param2: "2,6"
        Name_4: LargeOptronicBridge, param1: 0.17, param2: "2,7"
        Name_5: LargeOptronicMatrix, param1: 0.1, param2: "2,6"
        Name_6: FusionCell, param1: 0.5, param2: "12,35"
        Name_7: LargeRocket, param1: 0.2, param2: "15,25"
        Name_8: LargeRocketMS, param1: 0.2, param2: "15,25"
        Name_9: PulseLaserChargeSS, param1: 0.2, param2: "30,50"
        Name_10: EmergencyRations, param1: 0.3, param2: "15,30"
        Name_11: Medikit04, param1: 0.3, param2: "10,20"
        Name_12: Medikit03, param1: 0.2, param2: "15,20"
        Name_13: Medikit02, param1: 0.2, param2: "15,20"
        Name_14: Medikit01, param1: 0.15, param2: "15,25"
        Name_15: PulseLaserChargeMS, param1: 0.2, param2: "20,50"
        Name_16: ArmorMediumEpic, param1: 0.2, param2: 1
        Name_17: PlasmaCannonAlien, param1: 0.02, param2: "1,1"

Group_0: WeaponsEpic, param1: 0.3
        Group_1: WeaponsRare, param1: 0.4
        Group_2: WeaponsRareKit, param1: 1
        Group_3: WeaponsVeryRare, param1: 0.3
        Group_4: SuitBooster, param1: 0.4
        Group_5: SuitBoosterT2, param1: 0.3

Fusion Cells are 50% chance, gold is 35%, medkits are 30-15% each.

12. neil.phillips5

neil.phillips5 Lieutenant

A little feedback/update.
    So I hid, tunneled a lot, built up my bunker base a bit and finally made a second exit far far away.
    Whilst I was doing this, and it took some time, the base attacks kept on a coming.
    There are about 3 or 4 flying things each wave. Well they attack for a while, doing zip other than loud noise.
    When they get bored they flew off.
    Finally I got brave and strapped some gats to the the starter sv and went hunting.
    The enemy were stationed in groups of 3 a set distance from my base, spaced apart from each other.
    I flew up to them and they were out of ammo and possibly fuel, cos they neither shot me nor flew away, they just floated there.
    So that is all I have to say.

13. Miketanic

Miketanic Ensign

Thanks for posting this. And also for posting the main features here, 7 episodes in I felt I needed a refresher to make sure I’m not missing anything

Vermillion likes this.
  14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This was changed in the last update. Fusion cells and medkits went down in chance and most other things else went up.

15. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Is this supposed to happen? Dread, closest moon. During part of the day, Dread actually seems to approach instead of just moving through the sky. For a while, we were standing on the moon but inside the "surface" of the Dread image. Reforged Galaxy, Dread start, 8675309 seed

FPS dropped to single digits at closest approach. Otherwise, mid-20's looking towards Dread, 50-60 looking anywhere else

20200802163243_1.jpg

brainwave likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That is, yet another game bug.

17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Playing this scenario on Medium, Hard, High: a base with a single flak turret and two projectile turrets I have found is adequate for every base attack I've had, probably about 10 in total. Most recent attack was 4 siege drones and a troop transport and none of them got any closer than about 300m from the front door. This is a completely concrete, all above-ground base about . . . 25L x 15 W x 11 or 12 H, so the guns are at about 12 or 13 blocks up and the flak turret is one block higher than the projectiles. Oh . . . it is out in the middle of a very flat plain on the arctic planet: best field of fire in Andromeda! :p Even just one projectile turret and the player helping can suffice if the projectile turret is underground and has a limited field of fire: lure the drones over to the hole and the gun will let 'er rip.

18. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Heh... and 1.0 in three days... o_O

19. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Lost the "Explore Epsilon" mission when the Dead mission activated-any way to get it back?

20. grg3d

grg3d Commander

HI I have a question for both authors? I'm playing Reforged Eden in single player mode and when I place down my portable constructor I get locked out the message says " can't access other factions item"? have you heard of this? I really like playing this scenario and its a pain in the butt when it happens (every single time I start a new game this happens) because all the stuff I have collected is in the portable constructor and I have to start all over collecting again. is there a work around for this?