Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Depends on the POI.
    If you're being swarmed, the Advanced Minigun, Advanced Flamethrower, Plasma Cannon or any variant of Grenade/Rocket launcher are best against sheer numbers.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Best tactics is to get to the core directly by digging and blow it up.

3. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

On wich POI did you encounter a problem ?
    You don't have time to reload ? That's normal, you'll nearly never have time for that on hard POIs. RE is meant to be hard. Some POIs are known to be "very hard" in their end part. It's a good thing to train on the vanilla game before playing with this mod.

Take care of the level of the POI, and maybe try to find epic guns before going on more difficult POIs.
    Hit the head, have multiple guns with you, you often won't have time to reload in some places, that's normal, you must clear the spot before reloading and move forward, or reload while jumping away. Walk back a little before reloading, after being sure it's safe around. Try to pull them through a door (if there is one), it's often a good filter not to get all the pack on you at the same time. Hit first from far away with a sniper then a laser, not to get everybody instantly on you, and start kills before they are on you.
    Only using the shot gun isn't always a good idea.

4. me777

me777 Commander

Thanks for the Tips ;)
    Advanced Minigun and Advanced Flamethrower are nice, the Shotgun is a Toy compared.

All experiance i really have is from Haven and around it; (hunting raptors and spiders :rolleyes:) and I had the impression there are either no respawns or much longer pause - on the medium Planet they respawned like crazy, it was an asembly yard (i think) and the lower tunels where you jump down there always were abominations to backstab me in the worst moment. :eek:

Tryed a depot on Gaia, with A.Minigun and A.Flamethrower: as i figured out how often they respawn and where i had to go (aka stopped running in circles:oops:) it was rather doable and got the whole set of CPU Extenders.

still some enemy one-hit me, but that might be normal (those big armored something...)

I think I might be using the wrong Boosters in my Suit.
    And I always take too much heavy stuff with me (does backpack stuff make me slower?)

The economy and other changes are just so good, I have to keep playing RE cant can't go back to vanilla ;)

And a final Question:
    I tryed to outsmart the game by spawning a HV in the POI...
    ...somehow it did not work as I wanted, might be someone anticipated it and took action against this?

5. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

The assembly yard in RE is a (very) hard POI on its end part, if you go to the core.
    Edit : and yes, raptors and spiders are just a little training for new players ;-)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  6. TheRogueX

TheRogueX Lieutenant

So.. you talk about how SVs are now like fighter jets... Why? In atmospheres that's fine if the ship is built to be an aerodynamic flyer, but in space? There are no "fighter jet" tactics in space; all ships would fly like "drones." Hell, a "fighter jet" design wouldn't fly well at all in space unless you wanted to go only forward.

Anyway, I would love to try this out on my server but I don't know where to download the scenario files like I can with Reforged Galaxy.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Follow the installation instructions here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2154284616

8. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

I have an issue with shields. I never knew that you can add multiple shields, when I discovered it yesterday, I added a T1 Shield and a compact shield to my CV. At first while shield HP was set to 18000 in control panel, my shield meter was showing 180% at main interface. And it was really decreasing from 180% to zero. But now, it shows me only 10000 and 100% HP. I entered the battle, and yes my shield was decimated really fast. So the question is, should I still use 3 shields? Maybe I made something wrong?

9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No. Do not use multiple shields. You're not meant to, but there's no way to prevent the player from using multiple shield generators, even in vanilla.
    The ship will pick one shield generator and use it's stats, which is why you saw 180% shield capacity. You charged a stronger shield, then equipped a weaker one so it changed your shield value to the smaller one.

10. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Oh, good to know, thanks. Meanhile the idea was so cool :) I thought you made compact shields loot-only for a reason. It was like "aha! Thats why they nerfed shields, so now you have to explore the galaxy and build your ship using trophies!" lol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I mean, do you think Eleon intended that Moon rock be the much harder Asteroid rock variety? I'm aware of the changes to drill speed of course :) I recall that Moon terrain appeared relatively soft vs. normal Planetary rock once upon a time, yet now it's relatively hard with all else being equal. Like I said, dunno if that was down to layering on the Moon, like we see on planets. Softer top-soil and all that.

Not a huge issue in the scheme of things, I was just finding it irksome as I was excavating wrecks for materials I'd otherwise find it even more difficult (grindy) to obtain.

Scoob.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Well it's not really a problem in the default game because drills are so fast you don't really notice it.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, that was one of my original points - RE's changes exaggerate things somewhat - but I do still wonder if the terrain differences are intentional.

Scoob.

14. Kurtbelly

Kurtbelly Ensign

Hello.
    In first, I love Reforged Eden.
    It's awesome scenario.
    I'd like to obtain magmacite ore in Lava Lake. Someone can send me a screen of this ore? I search while a long time on Lava Planet, but I found nothing. I know it's floating rock (thank to discord), but I guess if I search on the correct Planet type.
    What is exactly Lava Lake? Is it detected by scanner?

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It will show up on the detector as a POI. You can find it randomly on most planets (not moons) that have lava. It will be floating over the molten lava.

16. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

It looks like white vertical cristal ores, When you'll spot one, you wont miss it.
    You have to search on real full lava planets, that means planets fully covered with liquid lava, not planets with some lava on the ground.
    You find them around M1la luminous red supergiant stars. If I'm not wrong, the planet type is "molten".

Edit, some tips :
    - the planet may have high gravity, if you solo, you better make a save before entering the planet, don't get stuck with your CV in the lava because it's too heavy after mining the magmacite ;-)
    - you need a miner SV with high container capacity and powerfull thrusters, 10k min, better above 15 k container, because when you start mining, you can get in one time 6 or 8 k load, if your container is too small, you'll loose all of it
    - you can also stop your CV above the spot, connect to a big container and send your drone to hand mine the magmacite, it's just longer to mine, but a better way to learn how to collect it
    - an ore spot can give you around a 100k or 200k container load of magmacite, that's why you need a huge container to collect it

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Stampy likes this.
  17. Kurtbelly

Kurtbelly Ensign

Thank you for your tips :)
    I try to make me a good armor to do the quest The Last Cry. It's hard quest, but I hope with a good armor, I'll manage it.
    I have "Progenitor Translation Matrix", it's a quest item, but I don't have the quest. After 'Last Cry', will I have the quest?
    I hope it's to loot "Progenitor Technology Fragment" after that. It's right?

PS: Sorry for my english... I'm French

18. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

I'm french, too, you can see it from my name ;-)
    Next part will be to visit the 9 cores, wich need the translation key. Seek for "core" in the galaxy map (search button). That's a loooooooong trip you'll start.

19. Russell

Russell Commander

In vanilla, and project eden I can tunnel to the drone base and take out the shield with plasma cannon, but in RE can't seem to damage shield this way. Is this right? Can the drone base be taken out on foot? How?

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've had great success tunnelling to the Drone Base (and other high-end POI's) then using the Explosive Charges to break through the shield / blocks. Those charges prove exceptionally effective at taking down shields, allowing me to break in - often to a fairly vulnerable spot in the POI.

Note: I've done lots of POI's many many times. I used to be very much about neutering them from the outside using a nimble SV, before going in on foot and following the expected path through them. I'll still do this if I encounter a new POI I've not seen before, but I do like tunnelling into them at the moment :)

Caveat: I've not taken on a Drone Base for a while - I've been restarting a lot lately for some reason - so perhaps Explosive Charges aren't quite so good vs. shields as they once were. All I know is, that they were very very effective at one point. Try it out! It's quite fun making a little Driller HV, with storage for extra weapons and loot. All the crushed rock collected during the tunnelling I throw right into a Constructor and set up a camp right underneath the POI. It's fun.

Scoob.