Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kurtbelly

Kurtbelly Ensign

Hey, how can obtain Enhanced Laser Drill? I try to make Voidium Drill.
    I thought that is with the story quest, but I did everything I can.

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey again,

I've spotted a minor issue, though it may be in vanilla too, though I've not personally experienced it there...

Basically, when I'm using Explosive Charges to break through blocks on a POI (Hardened Steel Blocks in my most recent example) the hit points of the block drop below zero, but the block is still intact, requiring an additional Charge.

I've just placed multiple charges over time on a Hardened Steel Block which has 1,600 Hit Points. That block is currently showing as "Hit Points: -5 / 1600" and does not look visually damaged in any way. Placing one more charge will successfully destroy the block, so it's not that big a deal, but it's still not quite right.

Anyone else noticing this? Have you seen it in vanilla too?

Scoob.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This must be 1.4 still.
    That is a bug. I've reported it but so far it's been ignored.
    22 Nemerson_2021-01-19_14-24-26.png

electriclimbo83 likes this.
  4. jammer131

jammer131 Ensign

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

For those wondering why you should be careful about playing the 1.3 version of Reforged Eden on 1.4, I have a short video from Spanj on why you need to be careful since explosions are overly violent.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

"overly violent" = perfect ;)

Scoob.

7. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

Is it intentional that you can buy Ancient Relics for ~18k and sell for 28k a pop?

CommoditiesDefaultGreyGoods sells them for 18k and a trader at the Research Center buys them for 28k.

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Yes, that is intentional. What isn't intentional is that Eleon's addition of the commodity traders being crammed wherever they can fit them has completely screwed the game.
    The individual responsible is knowingly running the game into the ground with these traders. A dozen POIs have had these new commodity traders added to them have had traps triggered, shields turned off or holes cut in very important walls to accomodate them.
    There's even a POI that's had 5 commodity traders added to a single room that all buy/sell items to each other and refresh every 10 minutes. That is an intentional exploit they've added, where previously this was a locked room with armed guards that prevented players from accessing the core without shooting through the door. This POI now has a free run at the lever that blows up the core and can be triggered while friendly, giving a friendly POI to the player.
    It's one of those things where the common sense rule: "If you don't know what it does, don't touch it" has been ignored.

9. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Okay, so 1.4 came out, nice. Everyone have to start over again. Did you guys considered that to add a new starter planet to the scenario or an option to an existing one, with mid-game SV-s HV-s and base and some resources? Is that even possible?
    Because honestly, I don't have much time to play in these days, and when I finally reach midgame after a ton of grind, a new update comes out and I have to start over again and never reach the endgame stuff and story. Yeah I know, there is the console, but it feels meh.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You don't need to start over again. 1.3 > 1.4 is NOT a mandatory wipe. Everything seems to work just fine even using 1.3RE on 1.4 except for the extra explodey stuff.
    There are vanilla bugs but those exist independent of the scenario.

And no, I won't add any starting planets like that. There's already Haven which is a very easy planet. Or you can just use the console to give yourself your ships and resources back.

But again, not a mandatory wipe. You can resume your previous save games.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A heads up 1.5 will be a recommended wipe due to changes I will be making to the scenario itself. Item IDs will be moved into a new range, and the old block IDs will be removed.

12. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Is the ultra-explodey something that is here to stay?

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

No way. That would make ship versus ship combat very... Short. lol

electriclimbo83 and ChumSickle like this.
  14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Star wars combat.

electriclimbo83 and ravien_ff like this.
  15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

This is the best thing ever happen to Empyrion

electriclimbo83 and Kassonnade like this.
  16. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Salvage...who needs salvage anyway. Nothing like finally taking out a dread and being left with a pile of sathium plates, cargo extenders, and shame.

Love you Rav and Verm! RE is Empyrion.

electriclimbo83 and ravien_ff like this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

18. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

I didn't want to fully start over thus i imported my main cv into the game, gave me back my old weapons and set my level to 25 to unlock the tech tree. After realizing i unlocked everything i set myself back to level 1. The thing is i cannot get rid of the very expensive base research in the progenitor research tree. You may want to consider setting higher level requirements.

EDIT: It was bugging me enough to change the values for myself. If raising required level by 1 is enough change for you here is the adapted config file.

EDIT2: Also 0 unlock cost for the Antimatter Warp Drive?

RE1.4-210210-1904_2021-02-10_19-14-18.png

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  19. me777

me777 Commander

I have some Problems in my old savegame with the new game/mod version; can someone tell me if those go away if i restert?
    - CV just stopps after a warpjump.
    - the elevator in a cv and the automatic doors stopp working after i turn engines (not power, just engines) off and leave pilot seat.
    - a abdoned mine poi had the ground inside where it should not be and the ground showed "containr 50/50 on popup with multitool.

the first two get back to working if i logout/login.
    i play on a server on another pc at home.

thanks for anny pointer to weather i can get it working again or if i have to begin new.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I could change them but there's no reason to. A level 1 isn't going to have 1000 unlock points and I need room to grow the tech tree for the future. There is a limited number of columns you can have so if I set the unlock level too high I won't be able to add any new stuff.