Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Thanks for the reply. I know it's a little low on the RAM side. Just got the tower and plan on adding more RAM. My old box had 16GB and it didn't work there either. I was suspecting it was something to do with the fact that I installed to E:\ drive (secondary SSD) but couldn't get it to work on my son's machine either. Removed the scenario and added it back in case a file was corrupted but same results. Is there a different config file for COOP vs Solo? It will start in solo on both machines and we can save and then try to Resume using the COOP option and it crashes. We played Vanilla COOP all night last night, no problem. The "/'Talondale' tried to connect to the non-existing playfield 'Tallodar'. Moved to starter planet '' ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null." part makes it sound like it can't find the correct files to use or maybe something in the config file is wrong? Not sure how Empyrion works behind the scenes because I've not had a problem running any of the scenarios until we decided to play RE in COOP mode. Been playing since around v8. Trying to avoid a dedicated server, it's just for the two of us. The COOP server lists no playfields or players, though it shows connections. In Vanilla it lists both. Definitely seems like it's not loading the playfields, just not sure why.

2. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

ravien_ff, thanks for the reply here and on the Scenario Discussion Thread. Guess we'll try again later after your July update. I'll have more RAM by then too.

3. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Hey @ravien_ff hope you dont overwork yourself with the RE 1.5 update. Dont want to nag, but just was a bit curious on how the build was going? Will we get a few days warning, so I can set aside a few days on launch for doing the server setup? Would be nice as its in the mid summer, and I wouldnt like to be away when the update comes :) Well in any case, best of luck and I am looking forward to see what you have been up to this time.

4. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Working now after the 1.5.2 update.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad to hear it's working now.

I won't be able to give any notice, but it'll be posted when it's ready. :D

6. CatmanDoes

CatmanDoes Lieutenant

Just recently got back into Empyrion with some friends and we've started up Reforged Eden. Amazing work, it's expanded the game like a thousand fold. Hopefully one day missions will support co-op play so a team effort drives the story on rather than each person having to do their turn. We're really enjoying it and the new challenge it adds.

I just wanted to ask; Is there an issue (or something I've missed) with the SV's laser turret? It doesn't appear to want to shoot anything, it's fully loaded and configured correctly yet doesn't shoot, I can fire it manually. I could have sworn another SV with a laser turret worked the other day. Yet mine seems to be out to lunch whenever I need it to shoot at something.

7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The SV laser turret cannot aim downward. So the target has to be in front of you and/or above. The trade-off is that it can rotate vertically 90-degrees and so has no blindspot above it like regular turrets.
    Make sure it's set to target the right enemies. If you've changed it's settings at any point, you've probably changed it to the wrong target.

8. CatmanDoes

CatmanDoes Lieutenant

Thank you for your reply, I got into a massive fight with some drones yesterday and it started firing. I was starting to think they didn't work in atmo :)

9. Southernrock18

Southernrock18 Ensign

I really do like this scenario, and was curious Is it possible for me to break this scenario apart and only use certain aspects? This mod changes a lot of things and some things Im not a big fan of and would like to disable it, tweak it, for my own playstyle. The two big things I would like to keep the same as vanillia is the flight models and the way that mining works. Is this something that is possible?

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No.
    It used to be possible with the config.ecf, but it's no longer supported so that option is out.

11. Incubuzz

Incubuzz Ensign

I am playing Reforged Eden for the first time and like it so far.
    The only problem I am getting random instant level 1 and 2 radiation burns in 1.5
    It makes no sense, I am nowhere near radiation and wear radiation protection in my armor; I even tried double radiation protection.
    Does anyone else have this issue?

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You probably have body radiation you need to get rid of. It doesn't go away naturally, you have to remove it with something. Try using a shower.

Vermillion likes this.
  13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Try to play Project Eden.

14. Southernrock18

Southernrock18 Ensign

I have, and both are great, I really just want project eden with reforges updated enemy AI

15. me777

me777 Commander

Hi,
    quick question about the big update:

will the item IDs stay the same?
    I work on a way to transfer the content of ships and bases from an old save to a new using empyrion scripting...
    but if the ids change it will break if implemented it with ids

thanks.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden item IDs are changing.

17. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

With the EmpyrionScriptingMod 7.7.4 you have access to the BlockIdMapping/IdBlockMapping so you can save things under their name which probably doesn't change that fast - for all other things the Id is save ONLY for one savegame but NEVER between two savegames and especially not if they are from different configurations

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Does the id change mean that if I copy a bullet from save 1.4 to new game save 1.5, I will find instead of a bullet a promethium pellet (random example)? If I copy a CV with mini-gun turrets will load the 1.5 save to find the CV having instead of turrets showers in the turrets mounting points? :D

19. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

Exactly, it counts the order in the ECF or if new Items, in the current SaveGame, in addition get the NEXT free Id
    so
    Code:
    { +Block Name: A ... } => e.g. Id: 2500
    { +Block Name: B ... } => e.g. Id: 2501
    and update the szenario

Code:
    { +Block Name: A ... } => e.g. Id: 2500
    { +Block Name: C ... } => e.g. Id: 2502
    { +Block Name: B ... } => e.g. Id: 2501
    and in the next SaveGame with e.g. this scenario settings

Code:
    { +Block Name: B ... } => e.g. Id: 2500
    { +Block Name: C ... } => e.g. Id: 2501
    { +Block Name: A ... } => e.g. Id: 2502
    Thus A becomes B and is converted (without szenario update)
    Thus A becomes B and B becomes C (with szenario update)

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden item IDs changed in the new update. This means if you have any project Eden items in your cargo and you transfer it to a new game, you will get a CoQ error and those items won't show up.
    I don't know if it will actually break anything or if the items will just be deleted.