Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Not sure if this is a vanilla issue or not, but I was drilling for Erestrum on a Crystaline Moon using a mechanical drill equipped SV and got the message "The Terrain layer is too hard for the driller". I had noticed that the deposit was a little further beneath the surface than others - approximately 35 metres - but there does indeed appear to be a grey rock layer about 16 metres down, which is impenetrable.

Is this a feature of the Crystaline Moon planet type, or something else? The game appears to be acting like I've hit bedrock, but I'm no where near that deep I thought.

Note: using the hand-held laser drill gives no such message, but nor does it appear to be removing material at all.

This is a first for me, but perhaps it's something I've simply missed before? I mined a nearby Sathium deposit (equally deep) just fine.

Scoob.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Check the moon info. :D

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Oops, did I miss something obvious then? Lol. Will check next time I'm in-game.

Scoob.

4. skshroyer

skshroyer Ensign

I didn't see any thing when searching for "bounty" on this thread so....what COL waystation/etc do I need to find to turn in bandit insignias or the more specific insignias for bounty ships? I keep checking COL space bases to no avail.

5. juyayay

juyayay Ensign

I am on Haven trying to carry out Talon clan mission freedom fighter-- got to the 'regrouping' chapter: early in the game I had already destroyed the convoy. Now I am stuck. is there any way to proceed? can I reset the POIs or the quest?

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

you can warp to a different "default" starter planet and do it there.

juyayay likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Empyrion 1.6 is expected to release next week.

I plan on updating Project Eden and Reforged Eden sometime on the 24th.
    A new save game will not be required, but some of the new game and scenario content will not show up in existing save games.

Sup, [BB]Drifter and Wellingtoon like this.
  8. juyayay

juyayay Ensign

great I will try that now-- thanks :)

9. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Can you give some hint what will be in the update? In RE of course.

10. juyayay

juyayay Ensign

a
    and thanks for all your great work-- you guys are awesome!!

11. juyayay

juyayay Ensign

I am a bit confused -- I think I need to use pda clr command to reset the mission but I cannot figure out the name of the mission 'regrouping speak to Khalad'

12. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

As I understand it you CAN'T reset the missions, they found people were cheating just clicking through without doing the missions and apparently took offence to it ...??

I get it's their scenario (and will defend the heck out of their being allowed to decide how it works), but I think they got just a tad overhanded on this one since they (AIUI) killed the PDA console command. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Personally I'm stuck on the Drone base (Freedom Fighter - Providence). Before I watched Khalad blow the Turrets he said go down and take care of business or some such (can't go back to see exactly his words, PDA log is too small). MY understanding was he wanted me to take out the base (yes, I missed the PDA marker ... my bad).

Having been in this base more than once I knew my way to the core, so I fought my way to it (skipping the Prisoner Cells) and cored the base, went back to Khalad, watched the turrets blow and he told me to "go down". Followed the marker UP to the upper Drone Pad and had to JUMP in the air to trigger the next step. (Somethings a bit odd there guys).

Then he wanted me to meet him in the Cells. All good, except .... since I had cored the base, NO GUARD to shoot in the Cells room, so I can't continue since that step is unchecked.

I'm well and truly stuck.

How do I complete this step???

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can deactivate the mission, fly to a different default starter, then reactivate the mission and in most cases that will then work. Usually.

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

It's not being overhanded it's because the missions used in RE are more complex than vanilla (which is just a glorified fetch quest). If you skip any part of a speech-controlled mission it will break the mission and every mission in the chain, due to the terrible interaction between PDA and Dialog system.

It operates on setting variable conditions with each stage, so that NPCs react the player accordingly instead of repeating the same 5 lines over and over. Vanilla basically uses items and tokens as checks for this and it causes more bug reports than anything (e.g. "I can't talk to X and the sanctuary because I need to have X in my inventory, which isn't mentioned at all").

What it needs to prevent jamming, so skipping is allowed, is an "IsTaskActive" dialog check. We have "IsChapterActive" but that's far less useful and only checks if the entire mission is running and not a specific task within the mission. Because of this, the dialogues are far more complicated than they need to be.

Wellingtoon, malrose1 and ravien_ff like this.
  15. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Just spotted a small glitch - Large RCS (CV) shows Uprade to Advanced RCS not upgrade, and won't upgrade, not sure if this is scenario or vanilla.

16. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Already fixed for the 1.6 RE update

ravien_ff likes this.
  17. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Outside of starter systems I've found a zirax artillery base. It is super hard to hit, but I've done it. After that the zirax got "disabled" on that planet. Every zirax POI just froze, they don't spawn npc-s, the turrets don't shoot the drones're just levitating. I haven't touch the drone base. Troops outside of the POI-s looking through me. Is this intended?

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

No. Try restarting the server. Might need to delete the cache as well.

19. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

Stuck on OFF WORLD GRAVE / THE DATA CORE. The second Key card in the rear section never materialized, and I regenerating the POI does not fix the issue - I can't manually advance past this issue as both empty boxes are not clickable. So I cannot advance in the missions. What is the fix or work around so that I can do this on my dedicated server. My clan guys had done this part successfully days prior. I thought I was missing something so we all did it together and still nothing we just cant figure it out, how to fix it or why this is happening? Please assist. Thx

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The keycard is put in your inventory, not looted from any container. If you're connected to your ship's logistics, it will be put into your ship. Make sure it's not in your ship.