Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

Thanks I'll check that out. If it's not there, is there a way to reset my progress back and cancel that mission and restart it completely again. I've been messing with this for a few days before posting.

I appreciate your help.

2. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

Well, checked out the storage on both my ships and it's not there. The first card was put into my inventory (not looted just appeared after entering the correct crew quarters) When I went to the rear part of the crashed ship the first card was in my personal inventory. Only after I opened the terminal on the top floor (bridge) did it disappear and I went looking for the 2nd card and the computer core room as well as the parts needed to get the terminal on the bridge going. I found it, walked close and some dialogue popped up about the key and reserve power and then the terminal died. I went back up to access the terminal and it said I need the two cards, no power and so on.

Sooooo, I went back to the computer core area and accessed that terminal again and it said it was not working anymore.

This is the endless loop I'm in now. So as the Server Owner I regenerated the POI to no avail, nothing works to move on.

I have no way to continue, no way to rest the mission, nadda?

Suggestions?

Thanks again....

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The bridge computer doesn't consume the keycards (both of them, it does not react if you have only one card) until you finish the dialog attached to it, which is mission locked.
    The only result now is to use the command: "give item Token 4001" to give yourself another keycard.

4. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

I was hoping to avoid that, but thanks. At least I can move on.

Thanks again V

5. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

It's a glitch somewhere, Did the keycard went through the scenario, cards got stuck and so on... (don't want to say too much). Sadly It did not advance me past the "need to access the ships systems" part even though I just had done so. I may have to kill off my character and restart. :(

Is there a reason the game will not allow me to manually advance the mission? I know at one time that was possible but was that ability removed or is it just me?

Thx

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Most missions interface directly with the dialog systems more intimately than vanilla does it (which is barely at all) and skipping a section that involves talking to an NPC won't include the variable setting that keeps the dialogue triggers up to speed with the PDA tasks.

However, in the case of the Crashed Titan, it was before those settings were integrated. It is impossible to get stuck except by intentionally losing the keycards. Chances are, you're doing something wrong and ignoring instructions in an attempt to skip ahead of what you're supposed to be doing.
    Since you've said you're stuck at needing to access the ship's system, that means you're on "The Data Core". You don't need a keycard to activate this console at all, which means you're trying to activate the bridge computer instead of the server computer. The server room is at the base of the elevator up to the bridge, towards the rear. NOT on the bridge.

7. DocAceZ

DocAceZ Ensign

You were correct I was doing it out of order, I managed to get through it just now with the help of one of my guys. The loss of the first key card started this two day adventure, still have no idea, how I lost it but...

I've progressed with the new key card - thanks again for the help.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Question: Is the teleporting Patrol Vessel bug back has anyone noticed? I just had an odd issue. I was working on an HV - fresh game - with the PV roaming around in the far distance, zero threat. I was pinging my scanner regularly to check where it was once it was out of render range. Just the usual precautions when building on a playfield with a PV really.

Anyway, I'm just loading up the HV to leave my temporary camp - PV not in visual range - when I suddenly come under fire and the PV is right on top of me, literally hovering above me. I have good visibility in all directions so there's no way it could have crept up on me, and it reminded me of an old issue where the PV could teleport distances at times. I.e. you'd be following it on its patrol route and it'd suddenly jump several kilometres.

Just thought I'd ask as despite my usual care, pinging the scanner and watching the skies the PV was suddenly right above me lol.

Scoob.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Sorry, another query... Is it normal for Talon territory on the Ocean starter planet to be swarming with Zirax Troops? I wondered if perhaps they were spawned near certain POI's - Crashed DSE Back in this case - over-riding the usual territory spawns.

I was in Talon territory, approaching the aforementioned POI, when I came under attack by Laser Zirax Troops and Ripper Dogs. They made short work of my basic HV - which of course chose that moment to have a physics glitch and roll over like a timid puppy...I think that's just become it's name lol.

Edit: the other issue I have with this is that the Zirax Laser Trooper's range is longer than the render range. I.e. I'm being shot at - green laser bolts - before the guy is rendered in. So, even with Gats on the HV, I can't do anything about it. Two shots = dead cockpit, I see the bolts, Zirax dude not rendered. I do think the render distance for ranged Troops and the like needs to be increased, though I suspect that's something only the Devs can tweak.

Edit 2: I tested this several times and sometimes the Laser Zirax would render in just fine - meaning I could shoot him as well as him shooting me - and sometimes he'd not render but his laser blots would. I wonder if I'm just on the very edge of render range.

Scoob.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Reforged Eden has been updated to version 1.6 (build 3).

As with any update, please give Steam time to download it. You may have to perform a file validation in Steam to force a download. I also recommend backing up your save games just in case.
    Expect hotfixes over the next several weeks as issues are reported, though I can't respond to everyone right away so please see the below links if you have any questions.

Detailed change notes can be found on the workshop here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/2550354956

You can opt in to Steam notifications whenever there is a new scenario update by subscribing to this discussion here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2550354956/5717866822624729632/

For assistance with troubleshooting or problems please see the discussions here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/discussions/2135628600

malrose1, Wellingtoon, MeyerX and 3 others like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update :)

Scoob.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I have a question: Is there any way to add a Thruster that'd enable a Small Vessel to travel under water? I did s fresh start on the Ocean planet and I'm finding lots of interesting stuff - wrecks, resource rocks etc. - on the Ocean floor well over 150 metres down. Sure, I can dive down to collect from the ocean floor, which is slow but fun in its own right, but I cannot connect to any storage remotely as I'm well out of range of any vessel's Wifi at this depth, even when stopping just shy of 100m down and sending the drone the rest of the way. Plus the Drone has other limitations of course regarding picking up things.

Basically, is there any way to allow a vessel to work under water at all? I know the devs have spoken about such a feature in the past, but it's only now, which Reforged Eden's deep oceans with stuff that's both interesting and useful down there, that I've really felt a "submarine" class was missing.

If Eleon eventually add marine life, oceans are going to be a great place to play in. Just need improved water to make underwater bases more viable and we're good to go! :)

Scoob.

13. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No. There is no way to travel underwater in a ship.

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Pretty much what I expected, so, we're solely reliant on the devs adding support for this then. Hopefully it's something they'll consider.

Scoob.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I just had a weird occurrence with one of the Bomber base attack Drones. I was near a wreck I was salvaging - technically a BA - when a base attack triggered. My CV was hovering over the wreck the wreck is over 170m below the surface of the ocean - so I returned to it. The Bomber, ignoring the sunken BA, targetted my CV instead. It did a bombing run, releasing a bomb, which I easily dodged by flying up - this CV has good relative lift ability. However, despite the Bomb visually missing my CV by a fair margin - rather than seeing it continue its trajectory underneath my CV as it should have the bomb vanished and acted as if it'd hit one of the Minigun Turrets on the CV, destroying it in one hit.

Not quite sure what happened exactly, but the trajectory of the bomb after I dodged was on course to miss my CV entirely. Yet, as is was just passing underneath my CV, the bomb vanished and the Minigun turret exploded. This can't be AoE as the bomb was too far away, actually it was nearer a Cannon Turret on the underside of this pylon which took no damage.

Can't explain why this happened, just that the bomb visually missed yet still destroyed a Minigun Turret. I know bombs can behave oddly at times, often vanishing before they hit the ground / target, but I assume that's due to them being dropped from higher than the projectile lifetime allows. Just thought this instance a little odd.

Scoob.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

**There is currently a bug with some custom effects that causes error spam in-game.**
    I've reported it so hopefully it can get fixed but in the mean time please make sure to **fully exit the game** when you stop playing.
    If you quit back to the main menu then resume a save game or join a server without fully restarting the game you may encounter error spam in combat.

Wellingtoon and stanley bourdon like this.
  17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Regarding food buffs...

I ate a Sandwich - not regular food for me - and got the "Unsatisfying Food" buff. I then ate a veggie burger - again, not regular food - and got the "Satisfying Food" buff. Shouldn't the latter replace the former, am I really now getting both a weak buff to Health and Stamina regen and a minor one at the same time, as the icons say? I.e. if they're additive buffs I'm now getting a better overall regen for eating a poor food item followed by a good food item? How is this working exactly? Are multiple buffs that effect the same stat additive normally or does one take priority? I know with negative effects they can stack, causing potentially rapid health or stamina drain for example.

Scoob.

Vermillion likes this.
  18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, I was planning an update today, so i'll fix that.

19. Fragtzack

Fragtzack Ensign

Hi, Last played RE at the end of 1.4 With 1.6, decided to spin up a new game. About 4-5 hours in. Started on the medium swamp planet.

Besides the class(soldier) mission, I haven't seen any missions start.

Did I miss triggering something mission wise?

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool, thanks.

Scoob.