Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I will start a new game. We will see what happens!

Iniciaré un juego nuevo. Veremos que sucede!

2. Karstedt

Karstedt Ensign

Has anyone done the dark rogue start on hard settings without dying? Short of using the drone to systematically lure everyone into places where you can close a door on them and avoid them (which may take so long you starve), it doesn't seem possible to get out of the prison.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

People have done it. I don't know how many times they died though. It might be very difficult without dying on Reforged, but the planet is balanced around the default game play. (It would be too much work for me to keep extra copies of each POI)

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

I have tried the "Ancient Revelations" mission for the first time in RG/RE. (Go to minefield then teleport to the "Derelict Ship") It appears you have replaced the derelict ship. Very nice but NONE of the mission objectives are being displayed on the hud, nor will complete. The original ship still spawns in the base game. Am I missing something here?

Console logs show tons of dialog errors

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You need to mark the mission objectives manually.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

But I dont know where to go or what to do without the mission markers. I did start marking them complete manually after flipping some levers below and on the bridge manually to try to get some idea of what to do/where to go and then a gaggle of baddies showed up and killed me. Once I respawned the way in that I used to get to the bridge is now blocked (a shutter door closed) and I could not even retrieve my stuff.

Edit:

Can you tell me the exact name of that ship POI? I (personally) don't want to use the replacement derelict ship if it is not working correctly since it is a base game story mission. I'll swap it out in EPD. Again. just for me personally. I mean no disrepect!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

SpaceDungeon, it's in the scenario Prefabs.
    This ship will be in the vanilla game soon enough anyway, and i'm working to rewrite the game's missions so that the dungeon will be fully functional and the quest dialogue won't be hours of unreadable gibberish.
    The ship progression itself is linear, in the event of death there are multiple entrances back into the ship so you don't need to run through an empty ship every time you die. Once you've pulled the lever, the secondary entrance at that point is through an airlock on the upper deck behind the bridge.

Space Ghost and ravien_ff like this.
  8. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Eleon should just flippin hire you already and be done with it...

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. GlitchedVision

GlitchedVision Ensign

agreed

ravien_ff likes this.
  10. me777

me777 Commander

Two litle requests and one question:

- can the line for the Pre-Harevest Mushrooms be added to the Localization.csv
    (my hack is "MushroomBellBrown01Stage3NoFruit,Mushrooms - Pre-Harvest,Pilze - Unreif,,,,,,,,,,,,,," , maybe add other languages too?)

- is it possible to do something about the water collector sound almost crashing the game when there are like 15+ of then next to each other?
    I know its a game thing, but maybe a modder can do something about it way faster than the devs?
    (when i get near them the sound of them becomes so loud i have to mute my speakers and after that some sounds are missing like doors opening and such. after i get far enough away and wait a bit sound becomes normal again.)
    or is there a way I can mod them silent myself?

-and a litle question: will the new update of reforged galaxy be added? (and when? like "soon" or "when its ready" ;) )

And last but not least: thank you for the great mod :D

11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Already saw the bug report and immediately patched it for the next version in all languages.
    The water collector sound is part of the device's function and cannot be changed.

Reforged Eden should've already been updated with the latest version of Reforged Galaxy.
    The next release of RG won't be for some time.

12. me777

me777 Commander

Thanks a lot.
    maybe I still got the old version then, I will double-check later...

I will try the bug report way with the water collectors, maybe some dev finds some time to do something about it ;)

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes Reforged Eden was updated already. It should take effect in your current save game as long as you started the game using the workshop version and not a local copy (servers use local copies and need to be updated manually).

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

Found it. Though once I walked in that door there were a ton of baddies coming thru so I closed them (to control the fighting somewhat). And though I was allowed to close them, Now i'm stuck at that door (just inside the ship) again as those doors now report "other faction" Oh well.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  15. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

That is a vanilla bug that the devs still haven't fixed. Players cannot open faction-locked doors, but they can close them.
    It's caused a great deal of problems in other POIs as well.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

To get around that bug, you have to set up a motion sensor to control the door, and then set that motion sensor to be the thing that becomes activated. That way the door will automatically open when the player approaches it, but only if the necessary lever has been thrown.
    Or use trap doors or explosive blocks. :(

17. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

Is the fact that the epic minigun fires with SV-pulse-laser cartridges is a bug or is it intended?

18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Intended.
    In vanilla it would load with multiple laser rifle cells, but as a laser weapon in Reforged it uses one cell to reload a full cartridge.
    While it's fine for a variety of laser rifles to reload 25-35 ammo for a single laser rifle cell, it is NOT okay for a laser minigun to load 300 rounds from one laser rifle cell. It needs a bigger ammo charge, which the SV charge fulfills.

stecph likes this.
  19. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

Hmm - another question :) On our starting planet (Roggery) we decided to destroy the Drone Base with small forces. To do this, we dug a tunnel at a sufficient depth (about 40m) right under the building. Nevertheless, the drones flying around the area snapped at us and started trying to shoot through the ground (there was an animation of shots underground, but there was no damage). When we blew up close to the Drone Base, the drones, trying to kill us, destroyed the shield / generator and completely de-energized the Drone Base. Is this normal behavior?
    P.S. When there is an obstacle between you and the drone (for example, a mountain), he happily starts shooting at it (again, the animation of shots flies over the mountain - but there is no damage). Nevertheless, the cannons of our base manage to destroy the drones by shooting through the mountain. The base is located on a high mountain range (UCH Heidelberg).

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Those would be vanilla bugs and should be reported. Drone AI cannot be edited.