Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

hey how come heavy beam laser turrets were removed? i liked the no ammo weapons, and also had really cool effects. instead of being almost always on like positrons. gave a good 2-3 burst then rested.

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hmm, the Gatlings (two of them) on this HV sometimes show 250 when fully loaded but can also show 300, again when fully loaded. So, something is certainly going a bit screwy here.

For hand-held weapons, the numbers quite literally can go. 38 (full clip) fire one shot and it shows 1 round remaining, fire another and auto0reload. It's almost like the reload didn't work, but the animation played and the ammo counter updated. However, when subsequently fired, the reload is forgotten. It's weird. It's similar with the Gatlings on the HV, though then the ammo (current clip) count can be 250 or 300 total ammo in the current clip for two Gatlings after a reload.

I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can figure out a pattern / reliable recreation steps and do a bug report.

Edit: I just tested this again, basic SV with four Gatlings. I'm firing and the ammo (600 with all guns fully loaded) is depleting quickly as you'd expect, but there's still over 200 in the current clip. The SV then gets hit by one of the laser-equipped Robots and instantly the clip shows as empty and a reload is triggered. When the robot appeared I had over 200 ammo left in the clip and simply turned to shoot it, but the counter suddenly went to zero.

This is most odd.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Nothing was removed. They were renamed.

4. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

but they have a different icon right? the stats are different? What are they called?

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think they are now modulated beam turret or something like that.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Sorry, having another issue, don't know if vanilla or to do with the Scenario.

Basically, quite frequently, I've been having the vessel I'm in "ghost". I.e. when looking at it via the external view, it becomes semi-transparent and all engine flares can be seen clearly through the model. The vessel also then becomes immune to fire, with shots just going right through it. Getting out of the pilot's seat and getting back in can fix it, but often it will come back again. It'll go away, but I cannot figure what causes it to go away.

We've seen this issue for years on Patrol Vessels, where they become immune to fire and can be flown right through. They can still shoot and damage the player though, a little unfair lol. The PV thing is definitely a vanilla issue, but I've never had my vessels ghost before in vanilla or RE.

On a perhaps related note, I'm now seeing on-foot enemies Ghost. There's no visual difference except my hand weapon shots just go right through them, dealing no damage and actually hitting what's behind them. If it's a base block I get "you cannot damage this block with the current weapon" (or words to that effect) for example, despite clearly hitting the enemy, with no obstructions at all - even with Empyrion's often quirky collision detection. However, the guns in my CV - just Sentry and Minigun Turrets - can damage these enemies just fine.

Just now, I'm in the Abandoned Reactor POI and have been killing the Scorpions without issue using mostly a T2 Assault Rifle. However, when some regular Spiders spawned I could not damage them, nor could I damage the Overseer that also spawned. I have a T2 Shotgun too, but I understand that this weapon may have a separate bug related to it, however, it did zero damage to those last two when I tried it for the record - didn't use it against the Scorpions.

So, I'm sorta struggling with this POI as my main weapons (T2 AR and Sniper Rifle) aren't dealing damage to certain foes. Not seen this before in this game and it may well not do it again after a save / reload cycle.

Edit: T2 AR started working fine vs. the Spiders. T2 Shotgun still does nothing. Not managed to damage an overseer with the T2 AR yet... I expect there will be more.

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi.

I just wanted to confirm that this issue has become game-breaking for me. Many enemies are proving totally immune to hand-weapon fire. I just experienced this again and managed to snag a save that recreates the issue for me. Load up this saved game and try to attack the Scorpions in front of you with the T2 AR. You can't hit them. I tested this save - as many a time issues are miraculously fixed after a save / reload cycle - but the issue persists.

The T2 AR Seems the worst offender here, though I was having trouble with the T2 Sniper Rifle too. Note: I can shoot Sentries just fine, it's certain critters that "ghost" and the shots pass right through them without doing damage.

To be clear, none of my equipped weapons has been able to damage these guys. So, that's a Flamethrower, T2 AR, T2 Sniper Rifle and Grenade Launcher. Since reloading this save, the enemies don't appear to be moving around, I do wonder if they're dead, but still animated, but that would be a separate issue to moving, attacking critters not taking damage perhaps.

Edit: Nope, those Scorpions are still working, move close to them, they attack lol.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's nothing we can do. It's a game issue.
    An assault rifle is an assault rifle, vanilla or RE doesn't matter. They're functionally identical.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, no worries, it wasn't just the AR though but the T2 Sniper and Flame Thrower too. I guess I'll have to wait for a base game update to fix this. It's weird, as I progressed further into the POI - glutton for punishment me - I encountered the larger scorpion-like creature (as opposed to the smaller red one earlier) and it too was totally immune to all my hand weapons. I went God Mode and kept firing and firing from all angles - nothing worked - until suddenly my hits started being counted. I exited God Mode at this point. I then faced some Horrors and more of the red scorpion things and my AR at least is now doing damage.

Edit: things continue to be a bit hit or miss, further in I encountered more enemies that were immune to my fire...until they weren't. It appears that enemies that are stuck in place can be totally immune, but a moving enemy can vary. If they're moving, even if initially shooting them passes right through, they might suddenly become solid again and start taking damage.

As I don't have a vanilla save showing this, just a RE one, I cannot really do a bug report...unless Eleon are OK at looking at modified saves.

10. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

@ravien where might one look for heavy rail gun schematics? or is it container rng?

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Alien containers. So it's random for now.

Catnap likes this.
  12. me777

me777 Commander

Where can I sell Zirax Guns?
    The Bar guy in Tradestation Alpha used to buy those, but now he just sells/buys bar stuff and assault rifles :(

Wellingtoon likes this.
  13. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Sell them to Suspicious Businessmen, Imperial Arms, and InterWeap.

14. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

damn, ive opened hundreds of alien cans, not a blueprint, far less a new blueprint....gated

15. Ente

Ente Commander

@Ravien: could you perhaps have a look at the costs of the Aautomated Asteroid Harvesters and Excavator Turrets? Currently they cost large upgrade kits, which are (at least in the required amounts) only obtainable by shredding enemy pvs and salvaging their turrets. That is, in itself, not a problem, but it means you cannot really run a "industry" playtrough, as you always need to build at least a warship powerful enough to farm the large upgrade kits.
    Could also add another way to obtain those, would also be highly appreciated. Unless I am stupid and there is already another way I don't know about. Probably am.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can get them from loot.

17. Ente

Ente Commander

Don't have the numbers to drive the point home, but I don't think I ever got more than 10 of those in total from loot in a single entire playthrough. Those things are rare. You need 18 to build the current limit in mining turrets. Additional 8 if you also want the fixed drills.

18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Just my stock from 1.6 and some 1.7 game plays. So it should be since last Christmass or somewhere back then. And I do not salvage much turrets. I never attack Patrol Vessels and def I destroy their turrets first.

Screenshot from 2022-04-15 05-52-27.png

19. Ente

Ente Commander

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS! NOW!
    That said you do seem to play a lot more survival than I do.

20. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Attack POIs from one side and blast turrets only from that side. Land close to them having your vessel protected and infiltrate to recore the POI. Finally salvage or remove and deconstruct the remaining worthy turrets to get all the components. Never forget to loot rare containers, wherever you can. Invest time and memory.

ravien_ff likes this.