Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Armor. Legacy ships are great against shields, but crap against dense armors.
    Divert CPU away from shields and into weapons for fighting the Legacy and you'll be fine... probably.

2. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

drone parts

3. me777

me777 Commander

For the legacy Ships Armor really helped; took a strange yet effective armored ship from the workshop and it seems it holds itself rather well.

But I have another Problem, when using Teleporters I get freezes of the Game with the "Teleporting..." screen. Sometimes, after like 5 minutes, I end up somewhere in the target sector (mostly under the trade station in space, but sometimes a habitat and that has no teleport)

The artillary turret seems to only fire 1 shot of emp and then jam/does not reload; i can manually reload by pressinf r or left mouse, but it won't fire another emp just a normal shot. then another emp shot is possible.

can we get the emp shot for the fixed artillary? or would this be too op?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Fixed artillery firing regular shells is already OP compared to other weapons. Giving them the ability to fire EMP will remove any need to mount fixed lasers or positrons.
    As for the Turrets firing EMP shells, they have a much longer delay between shots than the regular firing mode, which doesn't display on the HUD.

The teleporting problem is a game issue. We cannot change the functionality of the teleporter.

5. me777

me777 Commander

Thanks.
    So if i wait longer i can fire another emp. good to know. (it is clearly non-op in this state, infact i might give up the idea to use its emp as i can't control the ship while using a turret)

and I might have to start a vanilla game after the nexts patch, just to get the teleporter thing reported.

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

RoF for artillery is 24 seconds between shots for standard artillery and 12 seconds for heavy.
    Next update they'll be reduced to 16 and 8.

7. Wellingtoon

Wellingtoon Commander

Hi team, I've struck an issue with teleporting in RE 1.7. Apologies if it's come up before - I haven't found anything. Everything's been going along fine, but I've now, seemingly out of nowhere, encountered an issue with teleporting that isn't present in any vanilla game I try:
    I get a CoQ whenever I activate a teleporter (any teleporter). The debug window has the followihng couple of error lines:

Exception in task. mt=False tt=0 td=Assembly-CSharp.SelectionResolverGroupProvider+MenuItemEventArgsGroupProvider sa=DBSqLite
    System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Any clues for how to resolve gratefully received!

8. Ente

Ente Commander

I may have a very specific, and somewhat unusual issue: I built a mayyybe slightly oversized freighter, with 8432 container extensions and 175 container controllers. Now it took a while, but I now realised that container extensions have a power consumption of 1W, cargo controllers a consumption of 10W.

Since I may unfortunately not shut down cargo systems, that means obviously I burn 10kw of power passively, just having the ship powered on, without running any other systems. Weeelll since I am a really complainy person, may I pose the request that you could maybe perhaps have a look at those outrageous power usages of the storage systems? For the sake of us poor cargo-obsessed persons....

(Not entirely serious, I am very well aware that is my own weirdness that brought me into this situation, but I have to try and bring it up nonetheless ;) )

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Why not use modular cargo pods? That way you can sort them easier and have them docked permanently to your ship and it won't drain all your power.

10. Ente

Ente Commander

Because thats more cores that can get lost randomly while warping. Also I just don't like the whole module thing, it feels like cheating my way out of a game limitation. I mean, why have those limits in the first place when we can just avoid them...

Slam Jones likes this.
  11. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Those numbers are the exact same in vanilla.
    Unfortunately, 1 watt is the lowest value the game allows for power usage (can't use decimals there).
    So no matter what you are still going to have an outrageous power draw due to the 8432 extensions you used.

So either the RE creators set it to 0 power draw (which wouldn't make sense), or you may have to do some rebuilding. Sorry.
    Those numbers can't get any lower for the extensions unless it was turned off completely.

Or, you stop feeling like it is cheating, and use modular storage that stays powered down.
    But if that feels like cheating to you then surely turning the power draw to 0 (the only other option) would feel like cheating to you as well...... Since it is basically the same thing.

12. Ente

Ente Commander

Well, storage extensions are basically storage boxes. I can see why they would use energy when you access them, since there would be some space magic to move the stuff. But never got why they would use power when just holding the cargo. Let alone when they are empty idling around...
    So no, power usage 0 wouldn't seem unlogical to me. I mean, my closet doesn't require any power, why would those things?

13. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

The general consensus is that there is matter compression happening in the storage, which is why it requires power (including the extensions).

What do I mean?
    For example, let's say you are putting a large grid device in your storage. Something like a 3x3x3 device.
    That is 6 meters x 6 meters x 6 meters.
    How exactly did you fit that through a 1 x 1 x 1 opening? And then also store it without a single spec of wasted volume in the storage?
    Matter compression...... Hence the power requirement.

14. Ente

Ente Commander

Which is fantasy tech and I can just as well argue that should only use power when adding or removing stuff. Because that is how micro-density warping flux coils work.
    It also still doesn't explain why they use power when empty.

I mean honestly the realism isn't the point why I dislike modules and don't want to use them. It is more an argument that if i can negate a cost just by using a docked vessel instead, than that cost should probably not be there in the first place. Or alternatively it should not be negatable by using said docked vessel, because if it is just avoidable that way, why have it in the first place?

Note also that additional cores are actually not a good thing performance-wise also. A sufficient number of additional cores will impact playfield server performance and can also cause vessels to get lost on warps in MP, because that is still empyrion with all its funny little problems. It also is a way around the size class limit on servers.

Feel free to do modules all you want, I just don't like them as an idea.

15. VPanda

VPanda Lieutenant

Hello, when are you guys planning to update for 1.8?

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've sorta burnt out a bit testing the 1.8 Exp versions, multiple restarts. When I do start again, I'd like it to be Reforged Eden. I don't know how significant the changes have been in v1.8 from a Scenario creation standpoint. Hopefully it's not too much additional work.

17. ric7202

ric7202 Ensign

I started a new game in 1.8 and it looks fine except for when I start to harvest with my survival tool. Then there is a graphic error in shape of a light blue square and bright lines. Same with the Salvage mode, but then the colour is green. When using the drone (F5 button on PC) it looks as it should.

18. phoenixaa

phoenixaa Ensign

I tested a new ship in Dronland today. In a few minutes, Nullifire destroyed 2 layers of Combat Steel and approximately 10 layers of Xeno. EMP drone weapons began to destroy armor in 1.8 RE? Will it be on the HWS RE 1.8 next season?

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'm not sure what you're asking. There's been no update to the scenario yet.

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

So, RE 1.8 downloaded when I fired up Steam just now. I'm actually playing the Scenario. Amazed there's been no update here, along with the change / feature list. Is that still WIP? I get this is a sizeable project, so things take time, was just wondering is all.

Oh, picked the new Desert Planet. Trickier than anticipated due to a near total lack of plants. No Carbon Substrate (and no surface rocks or deposits) and all the related items without those plants! I've found just over about 40 plant fibre (8 per plant) since starting. None near my starting area. I'd be dead if it weren't for the Damaged Hoverbike HV!