Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. spe3d-X

spe3d-X Ensign

Hello spacemen and -women :)

Today i created my own dedicated server by a host-provider. I installed everything (hopefully right) and i started on haven. I find the antenna, i find the wreck and then my HUD went crazy. The displayed temperature is now -2147483648 while radiation shows the value -348223oooooooooo....

My character cannot jump anymore, my survival tool is out of order and i cannot sprint. I know this is not a bug and problem-thread, but i did not find any spot, where to post this. If someone can help me, pls send me a private message, thank you very much. i already restarted the server, but issues still there :)

byebye

2. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

Not sure what's the deal now, but previously if I put the CPU extenders into the factory, all the materials were added except the bridges and matrixes...

3. Othar

Othar Ensign

all is added included bridges/matrixes from a long time ago... i don't remember when it was not the case..

4. vik.martinchuk

vik.martinchuk Ensign

Can anyone direct me where can coolant be purchased? On Reddit I found a thread that says that coolant can be found at "...Polaris alloy something factory..." in considerable amounts and randomly in some other POIs. After visiting of tens of systems in Far and Polaris regions I just found two Polaris Alloy Synthesis Factory side by side. Neither one sells coolant. Great plenty of other types of POIs has no traces of coolant. Is this substance a region dependent one, like silver? Where can I find it?
    One more question - should traders be all the same all over the galaxy? I expected that in dangerous regions or regions far away from a starting system should offer more rich or rare options for purchase/sale, but in my game they are absolutely the same, doesn't matter where they are. If I saw one Polaris trading station of some type - they will be absolutely identical in all the other systems with absolutely the same assortment of purchase/sale offers and there is no need to get to some specific distant regions to have better purchase/sale options. Am I right?

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Coolant can be bought from Hydroflux Pumpstations; which should appear as both Colonist and Polaris.
    They're also purchasable from Thermal Interactions Ltd, a Polaris factory found on planets near Polaris Trade Stations.
    Failing that, you can also get coolant as a byproduct of Dense Ice Mining.

6. vik.martinchuk

vik.martinchuk Ensign

Nice! Thank you!
    The scenario is awesome, but definitely needs some wiki with such a detailed information. It is a rather unobvious.
    For example, having more than 2`000 hours totally in Vanila and RE I`ve never met Hydroflux Pumpstations. At least I can not remember any. The same for Thermal Interactions Ltd.
    Anyway that is a good direction. Thank you very much.

Myrmidon likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There is a wiki but so far nobody has done anything with it. The vanilla game's wiki is horribly out of date and missing info, it's unlikely a RE wiki would be any better.

Here's the wiki: https://reforged-eden.fandom.com/wiki/Reforged_Eden_Wiki

8. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Hi Ravien, I'm having a problem on the server I'm running for a couple of friends. We've finished the exploration missions for the starter systems, and The Infected, and we're moving on to exploring the galaxy. We've all started the UCH explore quest, but it isn't recognising when we go to G class systems. I've not had this issue solo, or previously in a 1.7 MP game, but can't get this to progress on 1.8.

Any idea what the solution to this might be?

PS trying pure G systems, not G3 etc.

Thanks

Ravlain

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

When was the save game started?

10. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Started on 1.7, updated to 1.8 before leaving the starting planet (one of my players got stealth updated by Steam :( )

Currently running the July 12th scenario update, game version 1.8.4.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I wouldn't know why it's not working then.

Can you run the project Eden mission under tutorials and attach a screenshot of the tool tip of the project Eden support guide? That will show you the current build of the scenario on the server just to make sure it's up to date.

Otherwise make sure you explore new star systems by double clicking them in the galaxy map before warping in case they were generated before the update.

12. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Double-click doesn't work I'm afraid. Support guide shows build 33.

I'm going to unsubscribe from RE on my Steam install, clear anything left in the workshop folder and resub to make sure I have a clean copy of the scenario to copy into the server and see if that helps.

13. Toby

Toby Ensign

Hey gang, since the last update, our server isn't applying the options in the gameoptions.yaml file, anyone know what the issue might be?

14. me777

me777 Commander

Is there a way to get progenitor tech fragments outside progenitor space? (I found a bunch of voidium in drone space)
    What is the best way to get unlock points? (I have not yet unlocked all normal stuff, let alone upgrades and resarch tabs)

15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

How can I start the scenario with Time Speed = 1 instead of default 6? Any ideas? Or can I start the save game by change a parameter once and keep it 1 every time I start the same save?

16. Ente

Ente Commander

Could you guys perhaps have a look again at the MX-4 Torp Launchers? They seem to be ... bad.

It is possible that their low damage gets even worse due to the bug where explosions do less damage when hitting from behind, which would hit the rather slow moving torps especially hard. But even then their damage seems rather weak even when firing at stationary targets....

17. Garaman

Garaman Captain

You only get credit for the materials that are used by the active blueprint. If you throw extenders into the factory when the selected BP doesn't need bridges or matrices (or zas / eres, etc) then those mats are wasted.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

They are getting a 10% damage buff and a 5 second reload timer reduction.

Ente likes this.
  19. Ente

Ente Commander

Thanks! Gut feeling is that this might not be enough, but will have to try it.

20. Ente

Ente Commander

I also would like to point out that there may be a balancing issue concerning Shield VS. Armor tanking. Especially when it comes to fighting zirax, which have a lot of anti-armor weapons.

Case in point, I did recently release an update of my old kronos dreadnought to the workshop, which is a 60kt mostly armor tanked monstrosity. Also has about 70k shield. Now if I try to use that against a Tovera I will get my behind handed to me. (**** boat, try again!)
    So if I just replaceblocks all the armor with plastic, remove some thrusters and add shield upgrade instead, I will roflstomp the Tovera in that same boat. Not even close. The shield is roughly double on the plastic version, but the main part here is the mobility gained. While I didn't try it, I am pretty sure I can also kill it with only 70k shield, i.e. only by removing armor.

So, since I don't think a future of plastic starships is what we should do to the galactic ecosphere, could that perhaps also be looked at?

Just to throw in some thoughts:
    Obviously less weight on armor would help, but even better would be if the opponents would lose some speed (Note that shooting thrusters is not a valid alternative, you lose way too much time and armor while doing that. Also you need to get in the right position to hit the thrusters, which is the problem why I would want to slow them down in the first place). The fact that they run around with 70-80m/s or more while spinning and turning means you have to be even faster than that to get into firing position. Reducing their speed therefore might allow slower armor tanked boats to control the fight the same way shield tanked boats already do.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022