Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Captain

Its a gun added to RG that does negative damage thus healing what it shots rather than dealing HP damage.

I agree that the medic station should be available to SVs. I've been doing a work around by building a HV based pod I could dock with my SV for those occasions when I wanted that available on my flight trips.

2. pcoborys

pcoborys Ensign

It seems that you may have packaged an old version of TraderNPCConfig.ecf into 1.38B. I noticed a trader was trading in the old texture & symbol tool and the color tool as opposed to the new combined one. When I checked the file for 1.38 it has the new tool instead.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

You can't do negative damage.
    The gun has a 100% chance to inflict a healing status effect when it shoots a player.
    No I didn't.
    I just checked the file myself.

4. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Looks like you missed a decimal point or something on the Pl.Charge SV volume. Currently they are set at 1.25su while the Ls.Charge SV is set at 15.3su.

Also is it intended for the BA/CV T3 fuel tank to have a capacity of only 8000 while the T2 tank has a capacity of 5400?

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No, but I just updated the scenario so it's too late. The config update here will have the fixed number, when i'm done with the changelog.

Laser charge is correct because 1 plasma charge is 1 shot, while 1 laser charge is 100 shots. A big capacitor is required to handle that many shots. Which makes each shot 0.15SU for a pulse laser.

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Here's the 1.39 update.

Changelog:

- Updated Sounds for most handheld weapons
    - Shotgun
    - Shotgun (T2)
    - Pulse Rifle
    - Pulse Rifle (T2)
    - Pulse Rifle (Epic)
    - Pistol
    - Pistol (T2)
    - Sniper Rifle (T1)
    - Sniper Rifle (T2)
    - Sniper Rifle (Epic)
    - Laser Rifle
    - Plasma Turret (CV/BA) Primary firing mode
    - Cannon Turret (CV/BA) Primary firing mode

- Added new Medical Injector (Tool - Uses health packs as ammo, used to heal and treat illnesses of allies in MP)
    - Medical Station (HV) is now available for SV. Now uses titanium plates instead of steel though.
    - Zirax troops now drop their weapons when killed (low chance). These are unique zirax weapons only obtained from zirax or rarely in loot containers.
    - Handheld Rocket Launcher (T1, T2 and Epic) now have Anti-Aircraft damage bonus against drones, but higher recoil.
    - Handheld Rocket Launcher (T1) has slightly longer atmospheric range.
    - New scope for the Epic Sniper Rifle.
    - Changes to Alien Loot Containers that adds more loot and fixes a bug in which loot containers gave x75 T2 laser pistols instead of 1.
    - Laser Pistols were nerfed slightly and given automatic firing mode. They're pretty OP now.
    - Refined Armored Golem's movement speed further. It should be right now.
    - Increased Fuel capacity of T3 Fuel Tank from 8000 to 12000. (Note: This is not included in the workshop scenario, it's gonna have to wait until next time)
    - Various bugfixes

Attached Files:

7. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Got it. For some reason I thought the plasma charge filled the ammo the same way laser charges did.

8. pcoborys

pcoborys Ensign

I'm sorry, I'm running RG in Project Eden (dropping your updates in PE's config folder) and I missed a PE update. Just now I used Steam's "Verify Integrity of Game Files" and the strange TraderNPCConfig reappeared. I don't remember PE using these items, so I will leave a message for him in that thread to see if it is intended. For me the fix was as easy as re-copying your files over.

9. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

I'm getting a CoQ when stating a new game with v1.39 leading to an infinite load screen. Also get the same thing when trying to load into an existing game. Went through my normal process of verifying the game cache and double checked the archive.

Attached Files:

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Hmm... this doesn't seem to be saying where the error is. I think I have an idea, but this isn't happening for me.
    Try this version:
    Seems this is also happening with the scenario I just updated, so uhh... please confirm.

Attached Files:

11. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

That one works.

Vermillion likes this.
  12. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Scenario is now updated as well, and has the larger T3 fuel tank capacity.

13. yataro79

yataro79 Lieutenant

Hey. I don't know if it's still relevant: I had the same issue as @Inappropriate and your fix fixed it for me too. And by the way: I play RG and I like most of the changes, so: Thx, nice work!

14. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Captain

Love the new sniper rifle sound. New shotgun sound is not bad but I don't really see a lot of difference from the old. Have tried out the other weapons so can't post any opinion on those. Thanks for adding the medic station to HVs.

15. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Good day!

a) Can you upgrade a glass window with the multitool into an armoured glass window? Using Eden+1.37 together

2) What's up with the versions? Steam has latest reforged, here 1.39 is hidden in the back, there are a promise for a combined Reforged Eden... Can you explain like you would to a dalek, please? ;)

16. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Yes. It requires a multitool, 6 glass plates and 10 titanium plates.
    OP just needed to be updated, which it now is.

Reforged Eden is more or less ready to go, i'm just waiting on @ravien_ff to get his Project Eden up to date.

17. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Thank you for your answers!
    Then there should be something at my end of reinforcing that glass. Just thought to report. :)

Well, then I should wait to fiddle with our mini-server till the sweet fruit of your unholy joining becomes available.
    I shall spend time on experimenting exporting and reimporting structures and players in Emp Admin Helper in case of a possibble wipe.

Both of your work made the game more enjoyable!

(on the interface: when repairing something with the multitool, could be a health-bar like on monsters beside the cursor? drone seems to be missing the animation/sound for repair, so I should always watch the bottom right HP counter, do the block is damaged or not)

18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This is an issue with Empyrion and nothing on my end.

19. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Thank you!

20. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

@Vermillion a suggestion:

It always seemed odd to me that HV engines only produced lift, and I had hoped the introduction of the basic "green" engines signaled a new direction for the game. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened

I did some playing around this morning, and gave the "blue" HV engines thrust and torque, testing and adjusting on a couple builds. Where it settled out for me with a realistic "feel" for how I expected the HV to handle was giving the small engine the torque of a default RCS and the thrust of a small thruster. The large engine got 4x those values, in line with the HVEngineForce step. For testing, I stripped all RCS from them.

What I found was a small "pickup" or "van" style HV handled pretty much the same without thruster blocks/RCS as it did in vanilla. Acceleration was still a bit steep, so the thrust probably needs reducing somewhat

The El Gatito tank, OTOH, being made of combat steel, would barely move, even with extra HV engines. Thrusters still had to be added back in, and it still handled sluggish- kinda like... a tank.

I didn't play with CPU values, but it would seem fair to me that if the HV engines were changed this way that CPU costs would increase, at least on a combined level so a small blue engine would cost about much as engine + sm. thruster + RCS since it fills the slots for each

Only weird thing was the edited "blue" engines would only rise to 1.5m- like the "green"- even though the only change was inserting the Torque and ThrusterForce values. Scratching my head there...