Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes the game calculates fuel use as long as the server is running.

3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

4. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

I can confirm the same. RG 1.0 works with Public Stable 1.1 with no issues that I found after several hours of playthrough.

5. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's going to be a tough one. Nice layout, but some of the issues aren't Reforged-specific. Thruster placement is going to yield low pitch/yaw/roll regardless of the configs, and it's difficult to place more- you already need an advanced (T3) extender for the current weapon/thruster layout. Swapping Med for Small where possible will help, but the forward thrusters are just too close to the axis to do much. Might help to add forward "winglets" to maximize that

Swapping hardened for steel almost doubles the thrust as-is

Eliminating cannon turrets would save 12500 CPU each, sentries 500 each, at least until you built up resources for an extender. Losing 4 of each gets you within 10k of capacity

The game- not just Reforged- desperately needs something between the Medium Thruster and the 2x2 Large Thruster. There is such a huge performance gap in there

Thrust was better when I loaded default force values, but CPU would need to be addressed by either disabling it, adding 1 next tier extender, or removing turrets and/or adding crew. Crew are only 1000 each, so that's more for tweaking than fixing

6. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

Agreed. I still say Eleon should hire Vermillion. The Reforged Galaxy changes are awesome but it can only do so much until the devs release new game assets like that in-between thruster.

On a likely unrelated note, does anyone know if CV Drill Module Lasers always required a Laser Upgrade Kit or was that a Reforged Galaxy edit? If the latter, have Laser Upgrade Kits become more common to find in loot? I recall it being rare to find before.

[​IMG]

7. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Have a silly question...

I played the Reforged Eden mod, but found myself a bit overwhelmed by the story part of it. I enjoyed the technical changes to mining, weapons, enemy troops, ect...but I think the scenario part where I spawned a gazillion light years from neutral territory surrounded by barren planets was a bit much for me. I didnt follow the missions as I am more of a free player, so I am sure that had something to do with the difficulty, but does this mod just add the listed changes to the standard game so I will go in expecting a similar starting system/set up as vanilla, but with enhancements listed?

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Yes. If you want it closer to a vanilla start, pick one of the normal starts instead of one of the harder ones. You don't need to follow the Eden story, you have the same kind of freedom as vanilla. Except if you wanna access one of the distant galaxies which require you to activate the portals between the two.

9. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Thanks! Was really enjoying the challenge. Finally got a CV that could limp into space, only to see I was WAY deep in Zirax space. Perfect for those who dont want to ever come up for air! Didnt travel to many planets, but they were all barren save for ruins and enemy POIs, and the pentaxid asteroids seemed to all have swarms of interceptors that would swoop in. My normal play style is "Get off the planet! Go get materials! Come back for revenge!" But sheesh!

Great work guys/

Vermillion likes this.
  10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy V1.52 for 1.1

I'm gonna be making more detailed changelogs, since i'll be leaving a list of upcoming changes for each version as I make them on my end on the Workshop Scenario's discussion section.

Changelog:
    • Increased HP of CV Warp Drive to 1250
    • Increased HP of CV Advanced Warp Drive to 2000
    • Added new aspects to the space base defense for Zirax (New cutter-class CVs and fleet engagement)
    • Added new, larger firing effects to plasma weapons.
    • Switched large laser turrets and fixed laser weapons to use a light blue flash like plasma instead of the harsh blue light it currently uses.
    • Adjusted Interdictor Damage values to reflect its function as a plasma weapon (no impact damage, uniform blast damage vs armors).
    • Reduced Interdictor's penetrative damage through armor by half.
    • Reduced Interdictor's damage vs shields by 25%.
    • Added new Heavy Rocket Launcher for CVs (rapidly launches a salvo of small rockets)
    • Re-statted Spinosaurus for future use.
    • Various tweaks to generic container loot.
    • Increased droprate of Epic weapons from Ultra Rare loot containers by 10%.
    • Reclassified Antennae as an exterior device making it susceptible to blast damage so it can no longer be used as cheat-armor against explosion mechanics.
    • Reclassified exterior deco blocks as exterior devices so they cannot be used to bypass the new explosion damage mechanics.
    • Increased the hitpoints of all exterior deco blocks so that larger objects have more hp so that while they're susceptible like armor blocks to blast damage, they don't break with one hit (unless it's a big hit).
    • Wing Blocks now provide some atmospheric torque based on their size, but consume 1W of power like their modular counterparts.
    • Modular Wing Blocks provide atmospheric torque, allowing the winged ships the ability to turn easier. Larger wing blocks provide more torque.
    • Significantly reduced the CPU Consumption of larger Jet Thrusters for SVs
    • Increased power consumption of larger jet thrusters to compensate for reduction in CPU cost.
    • Reduced CPU Consumption of XL CV Thrusters by 10%.
    • Platinum Plating now uses the same plate formula as other ingot>plate recipes.
    • Platinum Plating is now used instead of platinum ingots to upgrade a Warp Drive to T2.
    • Added a description to Advanced Electronics to displace the stock one it currently uses (english only).
    • Reduced the shockwave damage of Disruptor Cannons by 50%.
    • Altered damage modifier of Gatling Guns vs shields for a solid 1 instead of 1.4 (no functional difference)
    • Increased maximum warp range of the Advanced Warp Drive to 50 LY.

Reforged Localization changes:

• Improved German localization differences.
    • Changed various english notifications (e.g. Base attack messages have more flair)
    • Redesignated Platinum Ounce as Platinum Plating.
    • Redesignated Aluminium Coil as Aluminium Foil to match the icon.

Attached Files:

11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Interesting.

Where is Vermillion and what have you done with him? :p

-----------------------

I like some of these changes. I might test some of these tonight... hmmm...

ravien_ff likes this.
  12. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Some ideas you may think good:
    - P control menu activation distance was severely reduced, perhaps some antenna deco block could be made functional to extend that range?
    - wifi range is okay-ish, even seems to be increased, but the same thing as above could be cool in larger, modular bases, as your CPU changes encourage modularity
    - same on radar-dish, could they provide a continous scan-effect even in player-mode when in wifi range of the unit/base using it?
    - if it's possible to change spawn-rates depending on galactic nation areas, that would be cool, my friend is searching for uninhabited planets outside, and compares the situation to Nomanski, where everywhere you meet the same races all over
    - could there be a new option, a solution to send resources over teleport-links? goinf over repeatedly with player inventory, even with an epic extender I've found (medium armor +100 extender = 800) seems too repetitive

I've found a 2019 november building contest winner planet in a neighboring "Serious" system, which I'm extremely curious of only 21LY away from the starter planet. Are those random and I was lucky, or do they spawn in fixedly?

Also at last I've found that in the registry you can reset waypoints, removing them showing up permanently from light-years away. :p

13. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

None of these are possible.
    I believe there was a mod by someone else for teleporting cargo somewhere, and no. It cannot be distributed as part of Reforged Galaxy.

Normal69 likes this.
  14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy uses the default galaxy generation so that is up to the game devs.

Applies to Project Eden/Reforged Eden:
    Unfortunately the galaxy faction territory system offers only limited configuration. Basically, I can either set it up to have every planet outside of faction owned territory have POIs, or I can set it up so non-faction space is empty of POIs, or some variation in between.

I chose to include more POIs on non-faction planets, because the default game feels very empty with around 80% of star systems having basically no POIs.

If you want planets without any POIs, you'll either have to find the ones that are set up that way, or you'll have to travel to Legacy space where no other faction POIs spawn.

Sadly there is a limit of 9 total territories, so that greatly limits what can be done with territories.

Normal69 and Vermillion like this.
  15. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

Is it possible (in RG or outside of RG) to adjust spawn rates in general? A lot of Empyrion planets seem quite lifeless. One of my buddies mentioned this - we discovered a new lush, green, partly swampy planet and it was nearly deserted. You'd think there would be more alien animal and alien bug life.

16. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

Is there a separate Localization.csv file or is this "built into" the 1.1 v1.52 ecf files? I didn't see a new Localization.csv file on the original post nor attached to Vermillion's update post yesterday.

17. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

Thanks for the answers, good to know!

Let's say we are in Polaris territory who are honour us - would there be no or less zyrax?

And two of my ugly ducks, both of them aren't needing maximum CPU, upgradeable, combat armored, and has function over form:
    Fast local miner Moohoo
    Combat carrier Reason

18. Normal69

Normal69 Lieutenant

I see, no problem at all. Thanks!
    So you have a binary list in those faction areas what kind of POIs will spawn in them?
    It was just another idea to convey some meaning to those areas, nothing more. :)

19. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

It's built into the workshop scenario.
    For manual installation, it's in the thread OP at the bottom in the big section labelled "Reforged Localization" and at this point is pretty much required for use with RG with all the changes.
    It goes in your Empyrion/Content/Extras folder instead of the Configuration folder.

20. Comp625

Comp625 Lieutenant

Thanks. Heads up the main post still shows the Localization file to be A12. That's partly what confused me.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]