Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

That should be a sugestion for the developers. Nice idea.

Ephoie likes this.
  3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Updated version of Reforged Galaxy is out
    Check the OP for download links.
    V1.2: Changelog
    • Crew (alien and human) add bonus CPU to your ship (Credit to Ephoie)
    • Increased stacksizes of stuff (food, devices, etc...)
    • Fixed a newly appearing recursion error with PentaxidOre recipe in the AdvConstructor. Defaulted to vanilla recipe, sorry. Can't fix it because the devs intentionally put a recursion loop in there. Hopefully will be fixed by A12.
    • Added accurate volume to ammunition which I missed before.
    • Improved Minigun Turrets and Gatling guns to near-realistic speed. Had to cut back a bit for performance reasons but still very fun to watch a minigun turret light up a drone or to BRRRRRRTT a drone in an SV. Damage is reduced to counter the increased rpm.
    • Increased CPU limit for HV at T2, T3 and T4.
    • Increased CPU limit for CV at T2 and T3.
    • Reduced CPU cost of SV shield generator; reduced strength of shield to compensate.
    • Reduced CPU cost of HV shield generator slightly; doubled strength of shield since people complain about HV's tankiness.
    • Increased HP of HV-Combat Steel blocks for the same reason.
    • Reduced blast radius of many explosive weapons by a meter or two since they made quick work of heavily armored ships by destroying the interior devices before putting a dent in the outside.
    • Fixed some mass and hp concerns on Hangar Doors and Boarding Ramps.
    • Buffed Large Drill for HVs. Can mount 2 and increased the mining radius the drill so you don't get stuck. (See? I pay attention to the threads)
    • Fridges too. You can make an HV/SV fridge in the survival constructor now.
    • Solar Panel maximum count increased from 15 to 30. (May have performance issues in MP)
    • HARD MODE - Reduced CPU consumption of CV thrusters by 25% since you need twice as many to get a ship airborne on a planet.
    • Removed Herobrine.

Ephoie, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'll believe it when I see it... Or rather, don't see it. :D

Some great changes there, some I think should definitely be in the base game!

Ephoie and Vermillion like this.
  5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

An idea just poped in my head. CAn you make a shoot like adrenaline shoot but the new one to give more than one effect? For example adrenaline and speed for the same amount of time of course. Or maybe a new one that helps the player jump higher like if it is an extra jetpack booster.

Ephoie likes this.
  6. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Looking good! Looking forward to updating my server with this.
    Thanks a billion @Vermillion

7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Nope.
    The configs don't accept changes to unspecified parameters, even if you know what they are.
    If there's a speed buff already in the game applied by something else though, it might be possible in future.

I've tried a bunch of weird configs, like re-statting the obsolete CV turrets into new guns (didn't work) or turning the debug weapons into flamethrowers (did work, but it was horrible since you can't change sound effects, among other things).
    I might give the flamethrower thing another attempt though since I just thought of something that might work.

Varkom, Ephoie and ravien_ff like this.
  8. spanj

spanj Captain

I like this.
    This basically encompasses all the feedback and suggestions I wanted to give the devs since A11.
    Nice!

Wellingtoon, Ephoie, Varkom and 3 others like this.
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The next update to Reforged Galaxy should add new content, assuming I can get it to work properly.
    > New sets of upgradable armors.
    > No CPU costs on building blocks.

I'll also be releasing a seperate set of config mods for individual changes titled [Expanded Universe] Which you'll be able to pick and choose which aspects you want to use. There's no way to use multiple ones, or even cut+paste them together since almost all of them overlap functions somewhere which will cause a crash if you try. So i'll be making the combined versions as I go and adding them to the list.
    To reduce the legwork for customizing your game (or server), and hitting the devs over the head with how stuff should be done.

Ground Commander: Hard Mode FPS PvE *
    Space Commander: Hard Mode PVE Turrets *
    Supreme Commander: Ground + Space
    Better Loot: Changes loot lists for containers and enemies.
    Blaster Mod: All projectile weapons shoot star wars-esque blaster bolts (For fun) *
    Builder's Paradise: All building blocks, windows, stairs, etc... consume no CPU and cargo containers consume CPU relative to their storage capacity (much lower) *
    Builder's Paradox: Building Blocks consume CPU equal to their tier (very small).
    Recompiled Computing: Overhauls all CPU costs and tiers. But this may be a waste of time with A12's CPU limit changes, so this one will be later/last.
    Cargo for Dummies: Uniform mass and volume for items. A mid-way point between M&V on and M&V off.
    Now, I have to explain this one in detail because the people this is for have trouble counting higher than their fingers. This will only change the cargo mass of ITEMS, because if the mass of blocks are changed to match their volume, it will make it impossible to fly. You dumb vegetables!

Now, these are still mostly a Work In Progress, so you'll have to wait until they're all done but i'm busy with lots of other things at the same time.
    If it has a * next to it, it's finished.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  10. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I'm interested, and would love to take them for a spin!

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Updated the Standard Version of RG, Not Hard or Easy yet.

Changelog:
    • Minor balances and bugfixes.
    • Sadly, I couldn't get the upgradable armor sets to work. The game just ignores the config entries, even though I can get them to work through more dubious means.
    • I did however bring in a pair of useful Terrain-Placeable devices. They unlock at Lv 7 and Lv 12 in the Misc section of the tech tree, after Water Generator. They might explode or refuse to work though.
    • Using redundant CPU Extenders for HVs, CVs and BAs will increase your CPU limit further.
    • All building blocks, windows, etc... now consume no CPU.
    • CV's T4 CPU limit has been reduced to 6m.
    • Thrusters have been buffed and the CPU cost of CV thrusters reduced.
    This'll probably be the last version of RG for A11. I'll be rewriting the entire thing from scratch for A12 since there's the A12 Rebalancement thing going on which will mean a whole lot of redundant or conflicting entries.

ravien_ff, Ephoie and Wellingtoon like this.
  12. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

All great stuff! This has been a big hit on the StarsPassed Server!
    Thanks a gazillion @Vermillion ! ! :)

ravien_ff likes this.
  13. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

A12 Reforged Galaxy is planned to be released in a week or maybe two, depending on how many bugs I have to squash from typos to get it working.
    I'll replace the thread OP when I do since RG will be less of an overhaul and more of just an improvement. Especially since much of it ended up in the A12 update, so it fulfilled it's goal of getting added to the base game. This time though, i'm gonna try and go the whole way on the CPU system and overhaul it as it should've been done, without breaking old ship blueprints. Which means it's gonna be ugly and messy in the configs.

Upcoming changes for A12 Reforged Galaxy:
    • CPU Overhaul: No CPU on armor and deco blocks, smaller CPU tiers and a complete value rebalancement for ALL devices so that they FIT into those tiers. Which means that the safety fallback system will finally work the way the devs intended.
    • After seeing @spanj 's latest video, he made it quite clear he wanted a flamethrower for spiders. Well, he's gonna get his wish since i'm gonna bring in one of those just for him. But guess what? The zirax are gonna get them too.
    • Functional SV Turrets and Drills. Limitations apply.
    • Easy, Normal and Hard mode versions of RG will be merged into a single mode this time around.
      It will include the normal-level RG gameplay with hard mode's combat. With the higher level of customization possible, expect the enemies to be harder to deal with, but they won't be bulletsponges.
    • An overhaul of all laser weapons' ammo to operate on battery packs instead of individual laser shots. Better for mass and volume and your sanity. (Testing underway to see how viable it is for turrets though)
    • The return of the mechanical drill.
    • Upgradable armors... probably.
    • Growable Pentaxid Crystals (NOTE: Do NOT use these in a farm near regular crops unless you like radioactive corn.)
    • Lots of other things that you'll have to wait and see.
    There is a question that needs to be asked though:
    Would you rather keep the block volume values of the current A12 or have them cut in half for blocks?

shadowiviper, Ephoie, VPanda and 2 others like this.
  14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This sounds really cool!

Vermillion likes this.
  15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Lots and lots of imagination. I am very curious to see the upcoming implementation.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Really interested in this one, as it's something I posted a suggestion thread on ages ago. Good to hear this is something that works, hopefully it'll become a vanilla feature one day.

As an aside, it would be good to be able to make more use of farms. A simple 3x3 plot can grow more than enough food for a lone player. So, being able to cultivate Pentaxid is really cool.

Scoob.

Wellingtoon and Vermillion like this.
  17. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I had to replace that horrible PentaxidOre recipe we currently have. There's no way in hell it's worth even the smallest fraction of the resources you put in. You'd get more pentaxid walking across the moon picking blue crystals that using that recipe by expending huge quantities of significantly more value zascosium and erestrum.

Right now though, i'm just trying to get the CPU tier system overhauled. Which i've managed to do and it's far better than i'd actually hoped would be possible. I still need to balance the CPU values of the devices, but the tiers themselves work better than even Eleon's model. Not a single bug, no delays, instant reaction and far more intuitive to use.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I must admit, I don't even consciously acknowledge that old recipe...I'd actually forgotten it was a thing. Pentaxid is more widely available generally in vanilla these days, but being able to grow it on the ship that uses it for example will be great.

Did you actually add something akin to a "Pentaxid Sprout", or is a purely a recipe tweak using existing items? I'm unsure quite how much config changes can achieve, balance and recipe changes, sure, but adding in totally new stuff...didn't think that was doable.

Looking forward to trying this out when it's available for A12 - I assume after Phase IV once the saved game change is in.

Scoob.

19. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

With the new configs you can do pretty much anything. From creating new crops to tweaking old ones. Of course, if something goes wrong you could break your game.
    I'm trying to avoid adding new stuff since there's a chance that an update could overwrite it or break some underlying feature and corrupt the game. But with the new configs, there's plenty of things to change if you know what can be used where.
    I'll be changing the BigAlienFlower crop to provide herbal leaves and phase out "Buds" entirely since they're used in only hot beverages and nothing else. It's a waste of an item ID.
    Hot beverages will be made with herbal leaves and fix indigestion, so it's herbal tea.
    If I can't find a good set of ID#s to overwrite that won't break something somewhere else, i'll reuse the BigAlienFlower crop instead. Give it a new item name, replace the models, change growth time and replace all the attachments across the 4 other config files.
    It'll be a "Pentaxid Seed Crystal", it'll grow like a regular crop but emit 5R of radiation around it, which will kill off regular crops near it. It'll also drain 1PU per growth stage (3 stages).

ravien_ff, Wellingtoon and Ephoie like this.
  20. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I am looking forward to it!

ravien_ff likes this.