Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

2. Dragon

Dragon Captain

Will check it out, thanks.

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Just a random thought : is it possible that this happens because once the playfield has been generated (player accessed it) it then relies on the playfield_static.bin, and any changes after that require to delete these static and dynamic .bin files in the specific playfield's folder for changes to apply correctly ?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

bin also contains the same entries. It appears to be written by the game based on the content of the yaml.

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy V1.2-61

Changelog:
    • Compact Shield Generators will be available in blueprints, but will require the physical device as a component. Lootable from POIs and patrol vessels.
    • Reduced the rate of fire for Interdictors from 120 RPM to 100 RPM.
    • Fixed the incorrect mass of thin and extended Xenosteel Blocks caused by unnecessary referencing.
    • Fixed the Tal'ohn mission spawning the wrong POI.
    • Increased the speed of all freighters and orbital patrol vessels. Be afraid.
    • Furnace can now recycle Steel Plates.
    • Furnace now yields more ingots than the constructors. (+20% for basic ingots, +10% for others) (The devs said this was impossible)
    Note:
    The increase of AI ships is relative to the faction, ship type and location.
    Pirates are the fastest.
    Kriel are the slowest at everything.
    Polaris and Trader freighters are the fastest.
    Zirax are average in speed.
    On average, Polaris patrol vessels are slightly faster than zirax.
    Legacy vessels are roughly equal to Polaris ships in speed everywhere except in their home system, where they can move at the speed of Pirates. Be very afraid.
    Pirate-controlled Asteroid Fields also give a speed boost to Pirates, letting them reach player CV speeds of up to 100m/s in a straight line.

Attached Files:

Wellingtoon and ravien_ff like this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Hotfix on the workshop scenario to prevent an error on some blueprints caused by an interaction between the Deconstructor and the Furnace.
    Reverted bonus ingot yield on the Furnace. May make a return if I can fix the problem.

7. me777

me777 Commander

I have a litle question about crafting the Prometium Hydrocell and getting the H2 needed.
    It seems its impossible to get enough H2 to mass-produce those, if my calculations are right i'd need 40 H2 or 20H2O collectors to get enough for processing just the Promethium from 1 Autominer.

Is it intentional it's almost impossible to mass-produce those?
    *edit*
    Just realized its the same in vanilla, so maybe im wrong asking here...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

In the default game you can get thousands of hydrogen bottles from running a half dozen water generators. They're cheap and you can place them next to each other.

zaphodikus and Vermillion like this.
  9. TheRogueX

TheRogueX Lieutenant

Is there a workaround for this? Because I've run into it also. I can't even force-complete the PDA node.

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

This was fixed in v1.2-61. It cannot happen anymore. The POIs that were spawning before have been removed from the game.

11. TheRogueX

TheRogueX Lieutenant

Oh.. did I somehow get an old version? I just installed this three days ago lol

EDIT: Ah, the first post hasn't been updated with 1.2-61, so I installed 1.2-60, that's what happened. Luckily the server is still super new so I can just do a wipe without much loss.

12. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Oh, that's my fault.
    I forgot to update the OP with the hotfix version. But 1.2-61 is also outdated, since i'm pretty sure deconstructors delete themselves and the base/ship they're on in that version. The steam workshop version is up to date, just not this thread.

Use the one attached to this post.

Attached Files:

13. TheRogueX

TheRogueX Lieutenant

If I started
    If I started a server with 1.2-61, can I just update it to 1.2-63 without starting it over?

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Should be fine.

15. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy v1.3-64

Changelog:
    • Increased full-auto damage of the Submachine Guns
    • Fixed an incorrect medical item drop count on zirax (giving 11 anti-rad pills instead of 1)
    • Increased CV/BA Pulse Laser damage against entities by 30-35%.
    • Reduced CPU consumption of the Heavy Flamethrower (HV) to 1000 and increased it's effectiveness against trees and width of the fire plume.
    • Another small increase to BA and CV shield generator strength.
    • Increased the HP of BA and CV Shield Generator blocks.
    • Increased the HP of CV thrusters based on physical size.
    • Increased the amount of Rep and money gained from story missions.
    • Doubled the durability of the Zirax Combat Rifle.
    • Reduced CPU consumption of the HV and SV constructors.
    • Increased the fire damage of Flamethrowers.
    • Increased CV/BA rocket damage against drones.
    • Increased laser speed of SV Pulse lasers.
    • Reduced the damage inflicted by Zirax Rockets and Lasers against HV/SV by 25%.
    • Reduced the shield damage of Ion Cannons slightly.
    • Slight increase to the blast damage of the 125mm CV rockets.
    • T2 shield generators and warp drives will return the whole block instead of a T1.
    • Attempt at fixing station service prices on base item blocks.
    • Disabled the locking function of Trading Consoles so that all trade station consoles are always available.
    • Increased mining speeds for all drills. (Subject to change)
    • General buff to pulse lasers, pulse laser turrets and pulse laser cannons.
    • Increased torque from wing blocks by 50%
    • Fixed a bug where the SV warp drive was displaying an upgrade option it doesn't have.
    • Increased the repair speed of repair bays by 500%.
    • Doubled Otyugh's HP.
    • Clone Chamber can be upgraded with the multitool to a Biomedical Chamber.
    • Reduced CPU consumption of Missile Turrets for BA by 10%.
    • Increased armor damage modifier of Disruptor cannons.
    • Increased damage dealt to xenosteel by salvaging with multitools and tool turrets.
    • Increased Torque from CV RCS by 25%.
    • Intercompatibility change: Advanced Core increases CPU limit by 1m instead of disabling the CPU system.
    • Reduced crafting time of Elemental Pentaxid from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
    • Reverted Cannon Turret's firing modes due to accuracy failure in MP while ship is moving.
    • Assigned the CV Flak Turrets the same effects as the cannon turret's previous visuals to prevent confusion with homing missiles.
    • Gave CV pulse laser turrets a weak homing bonus so they don't miss their targets in MP at short range.
      Not needed on BA, since the targeting issue is related to the calculations of the host ship's movement not being factored correctly into the aiming. This doesn't matter on hitscan weapons.
    • Added the extra-long slope armor blocks for 1.3 in full. This time they'll be in the game and available in both CV/BA and HV/SV. (may be buggy)
    • Fixed (potentially) the AI getting stuck behind open blast doors and ramps.
    • Increased yield of Lights from crafting recipe from 2 to 4.
    • Market price applications to the blocks themselves will prevent exploits and incorrectly-priced station repairs... in theory.
    • Cargo Extensions can be dragged into a line again.
    • Prevented CV detectors from turning off with the weapon toggle switch, reduced power consumption and assigned them the "Weapons" auto-group tab instead of "Equipment".
    • RCS now consume power only while turning... in theory. Needs more testing.
    • Altered drop and loot lists. (No LCD screens in closets, higher chance of better loot in alien containers, removed the BA ammo from the ultra rare containers, added zirax turrets to containers and zirax now have a chance to drop coffee)
    • New ammo and firing states for the Plasma Rifle.
    • Sentry Turrets now auto-group into their own group, separate from the regular turrets for ease of use.
    • Added CV Solar Panels and Generator. (Experimental!)
    • Fixed exploit where upgrade kits in the factory weren't showing up as an input.
    • Added new Icons for many of Reforged Galaxy's new items and blocks.
    • Disabled vanilla exploit allowing players to use some devices while they're powered off.
    • Added new Polaris repeatable mission. Available after completing the Polaris Introduction mission (Industrial Concern)
    • Slowed speed of dialogue in the main quest missions with pausing for longer messages.
    • Added new dialogue to Ki'eve in "A Forest of Stars" story mission and decoupled him from a physical object so he should always spawn, albeit it may drop him through the ground. Mission also has an auto-complete for this section.

Attached Files:

16. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Hotfix:
    • Reduced idle power draw of Repair Station to 1/10th it's previous value.
    • Minor improvements to random loot. (Civilians now drop coffee)
    • Updated some playfield changes to 1.3 faction classifications. Will only affect new games.
    • Changed Coordinator, Infiltrator and Renegade terrain spawns from Kriel to Predator.
    • Changed Snow, Desert and Swamp Gigas spawns from Legacy to Predator so your turrets won't ignore zirax for them.
    • Bugfixes.

Attached Files:

17. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

Also one of the Zirax soldiers fell through the floor, just for information.

18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, there's an auto-complete if that happens.

stecph likes this.
  19. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

I know I know, I saw it and you wrote it, it was just my little and goofy bugreport.
    As you only mentioned the Talon guy and I had it happen also to a Zirax, being an IT illiterate I can't judge what is important for you or not:)

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, there's no fix for it since it's a side effect of the way the PDA system spawns entities. Usually unreliably.
    If I could specify height as well as max distance, then I could spawn them 10 meters above the ground and have them drop onto the ground instead of the game uselessly spawning them inside the walls of the monument or under the ground.

stecph likes this.