Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

@Vermillion I am sure you have bigger things to take care of, this is just a little detail:)
    BTW, thank you (and Ravien) so much as always...

2. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

So, the fix to the "NPCs not being able to go through blast doors"...this is awesome. On one hand it makes one particular POI much more difficult...but on the other hand, its absolutely needed because the magical barrier was silly. Good work!

stecph likes this.
  3. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

damn:)))
    But it was intended, the horrors are too stiff, can't bend the knees and pass through and the scorpions are too short to climb that very evident portion of blast door which clearly sticks out of the floor on purpose...not a bug or a cheese, it was absolutely legit;-)
    Damn:)))

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Hotfix/Update:
    • Adjusted flak turret's effectiveness since something in the recent hotfix by eleon has affected their damage.
    • Bread is craftable in the portable constructor.
    • Added new localization entries for the CV/BA cargo containers and pallets (which are missing in vanilla).
    • Updated Kenex Station with some fixes and temporary dialogue.
    • Fixed the traders that were broken by 1.3.
    • Fixed SS exploit with legacy turrets. (Hotfix)
    • Combat Steel can be upgraded/downgraded to/from Xenosteel with the Multitool.
    • Fixed SS exploit with zirax turrets. (Hotfix)
    • Added Santa Hat and Snowman Head to Escape Pod.
    • Hid Christmas Trees in certain containers.
    • Added new icon for structural ramps.
    • Bunch of other things. I forgot to make a list this time. I'm not santa.

malrose1, stecph and Wellingtoon like this.
  5. stecph

stecph Lieutenant

I am one of those grumpy scrooges who dislike festivities' stuff in game, it makes me cringe to no end.
    The way you did it, you found a way to please who likes that stuff and not displease who don't, thanks man, very well executed move, first time I see it made it this way.
    Having said that,may I have a an advance Plasma Rifle for Christmas? Now that I think of it, none of these things shooting light are actual rifles....:))

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

On starter planet (temperate) Nobody buying/selling biofuel anymore?

Edit: Seems the case in vanilla game too. That blows. That was my go to source for (very) early game cash. :-(

Quick question.

If I want to use Reforged config files in vanilla game (I want to try the new default game missions, but still use Reforged configs) is there anything different I need to do with regard to Reforged Scenario using it's own missions instead?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

A quick recipe check, not sure if this is a vanilla issue...

The Basic HV CPU extender requires Titanium Ingots in its recipe directly, rather than the refined Titanium Plates. On starting planets it's possible to gain Titanium Plates from a looted POI by disassembling some blocks - I got mine from the Lost Outpost on Sienna.

There was a move by the devs, some time back now, to update recipes so Steel Plates (and other processed components) were used rather than basic Ingots, but I wonder if CPU extensions were missed? I actually disassembled some BA T2 (Improved) CPU extensions which break down into Titanium Plates rather than Ingots, so there reverse should be true regarding crafting requirements surely?

It feels a bit artificially hobbled that I have ample Titanium, just not in the right form... if there were a way to smelt Plates into Ingots that'd work, but it seems the wrong way to address this and Titanium Plates should be the ingredient not Ingots. I.e. Raw Ores > Ingots > Plates > Device being largely the progression for other relatively basic stuff.

Note: I'm aware I can likely go to the Moon(s) to get raw Titanium, but that's not the point.

Is this a deliberate balance thing, or perhaps just an over-site during the prior vanilla recipe changes?

Scoob.

8. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Who knows? numerous 'accidents' seem to happen, stuff gets plastered in a manner that often make no sense (maybe it did to someone, at the time).

I feel they have pretty much abandoned the game detail (ie what is is in the config files) and now leave it to mods to sort out regardless of the damaging effect that has on splitting this small community (no blame meant to vermillion or raven_ff for this state of affairs - they are doing what was needed even if I strongly disagree with some of the choices made - it was theirs to make).

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

It was my understanding (maybe at that same time) that both Steel plates and titanium plates (supposedly) could be melted down in the Industrial forge back to ingots. I tried in R.G./R.E. recently (few versions ago) and it did not work, but I have yet to try it in the default vanilla game.

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Titanium Plates and Sathium Plates can be melted down in multiples of 24. They convert into ore, rather than ingots in order to prevent a recipe overlap that causes the Deconstructor to break.

Space Ghost likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

I must have just tried a few at the time. That's why it did not work (multiples of 24) Good to know, thanks!

By the way. Did you notice my post (4 up) about using Reforged config on vanilla, but still be able to do the base game story missions?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  12. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Just take the scenario file in the latest version and stick it in your scenario folder with a different name. Delete the Dialogues.ecf and csv as well as the PDA files out of the Extra folder and it'll default to the vanilla story and missions.
    Delete the playfield files as well and it'll default to the vanilla playfield generation with the vanilla POIs.

Space Ghost likes this.
  13. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Hi. I have issue with CV Solar Panels. Tbh I like the idea so much, it is just great. I imagine my CV collecting the energy near the sun, kinda how it was in Star Gate Universe) But pitifully, it doesnt work at all lol My CV with 24 panels collect energy only when I am on a planet. And the output is so low, like 100-200W. In space, most of the time it just stuck at 0.00W. Only once, when I was collecting magnesium asteroid in Heaven sector I noticed energy output for solar was like 1500W. But then I entered the planet, and when I left it, it stuck at 0.0 again.
    Also, I noticed energy output is not affected by facing the sun or not, but it seems like code limitations. I checked both RE and RG, and the issue stays. I understand it is an experimental feature. Just curious if it is only me or not, and if you guys are going to fix it somehow? Thanks)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I can't fix it. That's just how Solar Panels work. If the bugs exceed the usefulness, they'll likely be removed again.

15. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Yes, like a person familiar with modding, I understand, but that is such a pity. We need to bring this feature to attention of the EGS. This definitely should be in the base game :)

16. From my understanding this is one of the very reasons on why solar panels were never added to vehicles in the base game, because they bug out constantly if they aren't on a static structure (base).

They simply don't work correctly on vessels due to the reasons noted already.
    The devs have made zero mention of ever changing this either (and we've asked constantly for a while now).

17. cynofield

cynofield Ensign

I started playing single-player RG for the first time and I don't understand does heavy SV has any pros against small agile CV?
    Both require resources that are lacking at the start (like cobalt) so when I'll be able to build Jet Thruster SV, I'll probably be able to build a cheap CV. And such a CV will have much greater Remaining Thrust and Cargo space in comparison to hi-end SV. So I see only two advantages SV has - a little bit better speed, especially in space, and a smaller required amount of basic materials. So I have the feeling that my starting SV will be forgotten right after I build the first CV. Because of that, I don't want to spent time improving my SV design. Am I correct?

18. me777

me777 Commander

The one thing I still use a SV for is mining on a planet. (strip-mining gold on lava planets)
    And that only in this playthru because in the one bevore I enabled CV mining lasers on planets (that is a bit too good, so i left it default this time)

19. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

If you are experienced player you can just jump right to warp-capable CV by trading and salvaging parts. While warp-capable SV could be built without much hassle.

20. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

Couldn't find any info about that :
    "Stamina Nanite Injector" asks for "Schematic - Health Nanite Injector". Isn't it a bug ?
    BTW, I could until now only find stamina schematics (69 ATM) but no others, Health or Radiation schematics. I play on Reforged Eden, in SP.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    xtended2l likes this.