Reforged Galaxy

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Dec 24, 2019.

1. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Oh, Props to you guys for putting in new weapons ( I am giving yall credit because I doubt Eleon was creative enough). The double barreled shotgun, the enhanced laser drill, the rail gun rifle. All these are amazing. Honestly after a while coring and looting ships it is refreshing to see something new!

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

And now it's even possible to make cool ship equipment that can drop. :D

ChumSickle likes this.
  3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

22 Nemerson_2021-01-22_18-13-03.png
    New turrets in 1.4
    Heavy Artillery Turret vs Artillery Turret for example.

Aersaud and ravien_ff like this.
  4. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

That is great news to hear! T2 ship turrets would sure be a help against some of the big boys in the game!

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, cool, that makes sense.

I feel guilty filling up on Pentaxid now lol. That said, I was just within weapons range of a Zirax Defence POI (the one with three turrets) so I was under fire at the time...Danger for reward.

As an aside, and I think this one is a Reforged addition... I salvaged one of the small 5,000 HP shields from a POI which then worked great on a little Scout CV I made. Are there any plans to make this shield craftable as I think it's a great addition in the early-game. It cannot take much fire of course, but is useful for absorbing the odd shot while the rest of the ship is made from basic Steel blocks and very easily punctured.

Scoob.

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

With the block changes in 1.4, the compact shield generator will be available for CV/BA as a craftable device before the regular T1 shield generator.
    An additional shield generator will come after the advanced shield generator as well... If I can find a good model for it. Something big.

icky and Inappropriate like this.
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Great! :)

Btw: Shield-related question: Is damage ever supposed to bleed through an intact shield? Both my CV and newly-built SV are showing block damage, yet the shields have not been down. I repaired all damage from when the CV was unshielded, very early in it's life.

A more specific example: I've built a light SV - though it is Combat Steel - with a shield. Said shield hasn't been down entirely (~30% the lowest it's been) as I'm very much doing hit and run attacks. Zoom in at full speed, fire off a rocket volley or two and zoom off. I take the odd hit in the front as I approach and elsewhere as I fly away, but the shield has never been down. However, I'm seeing damage to blocks and devices in logical places, as if the damage got through.

I am using 1.4, so maybe this is an anomaly of the new damage system?

Oh, random thought: Will shield stacking ever be a thing? With CPU and power usage keeping things in check - i.e. there are down-sides - I don't think shield stacking would imbalance things too much. For example, one player might bring a shield tank with stacked Shield, yet have a lower weapon count. Another player might be lightly shielded, but have extra turrets...both ships would still be fairly evening matched perhaps...

Scoob.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Damage through shields sounds like another bug.

Shield stacking isn't possible. If you use multiple shield generators it doesn't add, it subtracts. You lose performance as the weakest shield is used to set shield HP.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully I can find a repro case where a specific encounter reliably shows block damage while shields remain intact.

Hopefully the devs will allow this to work, even if they don't enable it in a vanilla game. Shields are so very weak at times, draining in seconds.

If shield hit point cannot be buffed with multiple Shield Generators, is there any way to further impact shield recharge or resistances (damage reduction) via additional supplementary devices? I.e. place a Shield Generator, then place "Shield Booster" devices? I guess this would need action by the devs to support also.

Scoob.

Darinth likes this.
  10. If they added that parameter into the new player skills then we could do it that way.
    Otherwise it would require either new block properties added, or that parameter would need to be activated for the player skills.
    Both of which would require action by the devs first for it to be supported.

I haven't played with the new player skills very much yet. Maybe they already activated that parameter to be used there?

It's not something we can do on the block side of things yet (other than just increasing the shield properties directly on the shield device).
    It's not something we can do with a secondary block/device at this time.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

The devs seem to be willing to add things to support modders, so hopefully this is something they'll consider - assuming Modders / players in general are in support of it.

The idea of there being multiple classes of shields, some that have certain advantages vs. certain weapon type for example, some charge fast but have less hit points etc. has the potential to improve the base game as well as opening up more things modders can change.

Scoob.

12. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

I hate to ask, but is the PentaxidTankSV supposed to have a volume of 13?

I've been playing on both Reforged Galaxy and Experimental 1.4 (3243), and because of a bug in 3243 concerning BluePrints, I needed to start fresh. Having started on a particularly resource limited start, I was finally able to bring in a modified version of Spanj's Cargo Frog Mk II.
    Filling it up, the pentaxid tank only took 13 crystals. I've reloaded, gone into creative, removed and replaced. Still only 13.
    This isn't enough to even fill the shields without topping off.

Is this an oversight? A conflict with 1.4 (3243)?

20210124200530_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  13. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The current version of 1.4 used in experimental broke the volume calculations for every storage device.
    That is why Reforged Galaxy is for 1.3, not 1.4. The next version will probably revert the change since it broke storage volumes everywhere.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Wellingtoon and SamuelPatre like this.
  14. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

I guess that is also why the ArmorLockerSV can't fit anything.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, I did think the SV Pentaxid Tank was a little on the small side, though I'd not noticed problems with other containers. In fact, I'd noticed that certain containers seem to have gained capacity, with some going from 16k to 32k.

I though I might run into issues continuing a RE v1.3.3 game in v.14 Experimental, but generally things have been Ok. Some quirks, sure, but mostly just v1.4 issues I suspect.

Scoob.

16. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

I am just looking forward to the day I can get back to being confident that my ship wont yeet itself across the galaxy as soon as I leave the pilots seat. Nothing more frustrating than spending 30 minutes to an hour fighting enemy ships, only to see your vessel fly off at breakneck speeds when you have the audacity to leave your chair to go loot.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Well remember that you're still running on 1.3 configs because you're using the 1.3 version of Reforged.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, I get that. I assume it'll be a while before 1.4 configs - and the full 1.4 version of Reforged Eden - will be available on the Workshop but wanted to keep playing. Oddly, this current game has lasted way longer than they usually do. Often I'm getting the urge to start again not long after getting my first warp-capable CV, but this time I've stuck with it and gone system hopping.

Scoob.

19. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Perhaps one of you can clarify something for me:

As block limits are no longer really an issue with Quantums, is there a limit to how many turrets one should reasonably use? I thought I heard at one point that there are really only so many that will register as firing at one time. So if i have a CV with 100 Pulse laser turrets, will all 100 actually fire? Or am I better off having say, 24 Pulse, 24 Missile, 24 Cannon, 24 Flak? Or is the "max that will fire" a limitation on launchers and "direct fire" weapons?

20. Whyuhaftobemad

Whyuhaftobemad Ensign

Hello, I cant seem to find any platinum. Can someone point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help