Resource requirement calculator

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by hoxer, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Banedon2

Banedon2 Lieutenant

Yeah, it'll be very useful ingame. I don't know if it's difficult to make it but a reverse engineering could be interesting too, for example : I choose erestrum ingot and it say me what can I do with it so I'll know it'll be use only for large generator and need only 2 ingot per gen so I don't need to mine need a lot. And with food too, what is the purpose of each ingredient etc.

2. Pixxel Wizzard

Pixxel Wizzard Lieutenant

I just wanted to tell you what an awesome tool that you've created here. I love it! I would love to see something like this coded directly into the game, like a computer terminal you could access or something. :)

3. Laendra

Laendra Lieutenant

Need to update with 5.x changes...

4. hoxer

hoxer Commander

Yeah, I'm working on it :)

5. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Nice app Hoxer. It needs to be part of the game. A command key. Because I keep forgetting to use it lol

6. hoxer

hoxer Commander

For now use the in game steam overlay browser, which gives you the calculator with an easy ALT+SHIFT :)

7. =TCR= Big_Red

Question. I'm not at my computer right now. Do you display what planets have what ores? I'm ok but there have been a few posts with users trying to find there special ores.

8. hoxer

hoxer Commander

No, but I guess it's straight forward. The problem is with all the awesome releases I need to start over ^^, so I'm kinda making the process easier to maintain the calculator

9. =TCR= Big_Red

Ok thanks for your reply.

10. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

My first game I mined some ridiculous amount of zascosium and then found there was only one thing that used it and that I had wasted like an hour mining a huge deposit.

So this is what I am looking for, too. "I'm gonna go get silicon, what all uses silicon?"

11. hoxer

hoxer Commander

I've made an long awaited update of the tool. It now includes all items from 5.1.0.

Sorry for the time it took, but with all the lovely Empyrion updates coming out, I wanted to make the process of updating the tool with Empyrion changes easier first.

12. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

hi.. make a bit correction in your tool.. the ores are calculated bit wrong.. as you calculating the number of time Ingots need to queued , just multiply that number with 5 ( 1 for promithum).. ask me if you need any info about items ( I gather the info for wiki purpose...)

13. hoxer

hoxer Commander

Hi, not sure what you mean. Does 5 ores not give 10 ingots?

By the way I've textmapped all recipes from advanced constructor and food processor meaning I have all the properties for each recipe. That means I have a lot of text files with item properties in. If that is of any use to you, let me know.

14. Navonil Mukherjee

Hoxer_calc.png
    One example.... in this image every ores are off by at-least 5..(except neo ant sat).. this is large constructor recipe btw..

I sure love the item properties text... that would make my life rather easy....you can mail me that or use dropbox.. whichever you prefer

15. hoxer

hoxer Commander

That's a wierd error. If I enter 51 iron ingots alone, the amount of ore is correct: 30. What ingredients have you calculated?

Cool. If you don't mind I'll just attach the item properties here.

There's some missing that doesn't have a recipe, for instance Alien parts other items that are picked from aliens and the environment.

Attached Files:

16. Navonil Mukherjee

In Game - I did not "calculate" them .. I use very mechanical approach.. I just load the Adv. Constructor with ore till the item lights up...and take note of that recipe..is that recipe I got is correct?..I never tested.. but if they are not then that a major bug...
    For your Tool - I seen a few random recipe...thew ore to ingot is all over the place...and I just chk the ore-ingot part as that is easy .. is other values are correct?? ---no idea

No problem...I don't know how I miss that method after attaching a Image myself in the same post...

17. hoxer

hoxer Commander

Can I shut this tool down? It's out of date and I don't think there's much need for this tool given the new and easy blueprint features in the game. The amount of maintenance doesn't seem to match its benefits.

18. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

While it is outdated, in terms of construction, i think, the tool and it's basics, might still have some use, to be honest :)
    Not, as a partner in creating vessels, but, as a "cook book" ?

Not everyone feels like me, but, i often loose myself when trying to find out, what i need, and where to get it, when trying to make the better recipes...

This, might be an interesting road for a tool like this ? ... i know, requires some conversion and changes, i bet, but... possible ? o_O

19. hoxer

hoxer Commander

So just to understand what you mean you'd like if the tool could help you figure out many of blocks of certain types you'd need for a vessel/base and how many materials that would require?

20. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

Nopes... More along the line, of how many wheat, would i need to have, to make 1 bread, and, where to get the wheat :) (rough, simple example)
    So, instead of being a tool for crafting hardware, it becomes a tool for crafting consumables, like medkits, food etc :)