Fixed Rocks that appear out of nowhere [6671]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by cmguardia, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I am seeing this since version 10.0.0 but it was rare.
    Now it happens to me since version 10.2 which is more frequent and annoying when I use the motorcycle.

Mode: Survival.
    Mode: Singleplayer.
    SERVER NAME: no.
    SEED-ID: playfield 53122.
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes (only modify config for solar panels).
    Reproducibility: Yes.
    Severity: Medium.
    Type: Decorated environment.

Summary: Elements of the environment become visible or invisible depending on distance, height or angle.

Description: If you move around the environment you can see rocks and some trees (specifically blue globes in the radiated environment) that disappear or appear in sight at distances of 10m or less. When you are on a motorcycle, it is annoying since the rocks appear in front of you from nowhere and in a radiated biome the tree fades in reverse but with an HV the passage is blocked (the tree is still there even if you do not see it).
    If you move around or jump in place it appears and disappears from view.

Steps to Reproduce: Move through areas with stones and pay attention to the environment.

Translated from Spanish
    JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_19-36-06.png JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_19-36-09.png JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_19-39-05.png JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_19-39-11.png JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_20-28-39.png JuegoNuevo_14_2019-08-11_20-28-44.png

Type: Decorado del entorno.

Summary: Elementos del entorno se vuelven visibles o invisibles de pendiendo de la distancia, altura o ángulo.

Description: Si te mueves por el entorno se pueden observar rocas y algunos árboles (especificamente el de globulos azules en el entorno radiado) que desaparecen o aparecen a la vista a distancias de 10m o menos. Cuando estas en motocicleta es molesto ya que las rocas aparecen frente a ti de la nada y en bioma radiado sucede a la inversa el árbol se desvanece pero con un HV se bloquea el paso (el arbol sigue allí aunque no lo veas).
    Si te mueves al rededor o saltas en el lugar aparece y desaparece de la vista.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Moverse por zonas con piedras y prestar atención al entorno.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This happens to me with shadows set to high. I've seen it on some other people's videos as well.

3. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

The setting is low. But I will verify the data.
    Thank you.

4. This happens to me no matter where the shadows are set to. Currently mine are set to low and I'm seeing the exact same issues as the OP.
    This has been happening A LOT ever since 10.0. It's really bad right now.

You can have a rock or tree 2 meters in front of you and move a half step to the side or change elevation by a half meter and suddenly it completely disappears from visual.

It's really ridiculous when flying around low to the ground in a SV. Things are appearing and disappearing over and over, things that are close enough to always be rendered.

To the devs, this isn't one specific tree or one specific rock. This is happening with most of the terrain deco items. Different angles or different elevations trigger different terrain deco around you to disappear.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
    elmo, ravien_ff and cmguardia like this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks I can reproduce this after going to orbit then back into the planet....will be logged & looked into.

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. Pantera

• Developer
  7. Pantera

• Developer
    Any feedback for this issue now in the latest release ?

8. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I couldn't make a game for more than an hour yesterday. I cannot say that I have really tried it. Work has me busy.:(
    This weekend I will try an extensive game and report what I see.

Pantera likes this.
  9. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I am not seeing rocks or trees disappear or appear in front of me. But I would like to report that in A10.5 animals and NPC appear in front of me! They have appeared 10 meters in front of me when I travel either on a motorcycle or on HV. Specifically they are mule lizards and guard groups Talon. With the stones notice something almost imperceptible that is when walking and passing by the side of a stone say medium and is about to be out of the visual range, on the side of the screen just when less than half of the stone is on screen, It disappears. Then you walk backwards without turning and without looking away and the stone "appears". It's like watching her with the corner of her eye appear. It is imperceptible. I will put an image when I get it again.

No estoy viendo rocas o árboles desaparecer o aparecer frente a mí. Pero lamemto informar que en A10.5 aparecen frente a mí animales y NPC! Han aparecido a 10 metros frente a mi cuando me desplazo ya sea en moto o en HV. Específicamente son lagartos mulas y grupos de guardianes Talon. Con las piedras note algo casi imperceptible que es al caminar y pasar por al lado de una piedra digamos mediana y está apunto de quedar fuera del rango visual, en el costado de la pantalla justo cuando queda en pantalla menos de la mitad de la piedra, ésta desaparece. Entonces caminas hacia atrás sin voltear y sin desviar la mirada y la piedra "aparece". Es como verla con el rabillo del ojo aparecer. Es imperceptible. Pondré una imagen cuando lo vuelva a captar.

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for checking.

Can you make a separate new thread for this & possibly show some video so I can see what you are seeing clearly ?

11. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

okay. I will try to make a video. I never did, but there is always a first time for everything.

12. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I can't make a video with the OBS Studio software. The video is always black screen with or without sound. I tried different screen settings (foreground, take only empyrion, everything you see on the monitor) and no video. Any suggestions! The worst thing is that I could reproduce the appearances of NPC and animals but I can't show it !!

13. Pantera

• Developer
    Did you look at the guide I ddi linked in my profile ?
    If you used the same config as mine & followed the instructions atleast 'Scene 2 Game capture sources' should pick up something.

Have you tried creating a scene with game capture ? this should pickup any full screen game.

14. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Yes. I also tried to modify each option to see if it changes anything and nothing. I have no output other than black screen and sound. I will try again to reinstall and configure again.

15. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Uninstalling and reinstalling OBS. Now I can record windows ... But EGS is still a black video with only audio. I suspect that my computer does not collaborate ...
    So the video is old-school, without audio (I removed it because my daughters are playing and screaming) and summarized 10 minutes of boring video circling with the motorcycle in Talon territory. Remaining the scenes where the animals are seen and NPC Talon appear very close.
    If you think it can be produced by my computer, I provide the characteristics of it:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six Core 3.2Ghz CPU
    8GB RAM

At a point where I collide with a mule you see an error on the screen, I didn't see that until I checked the video. So it may be from the camera and not from the game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RjlektzeH1NNgH6YC7XsWd7qaLSf6FSc

Desinstalando y volviendo a instalar OBS. Ahora puedo grabar ventanas...Pero EGS sigue siendo un video en negro con solo audio. Sospecho que mi computadora no colabora...
    Así que el vídeo es a la vieja escuela, sin audio (lo quite porque mis hijas están jugando y dando gritos) y resumido de 10 min de video aburrido dando vueltas con la moto en territorio Talon. Quedando las escenas donde se ven los animales y NPC Talon aparecer muy cerca.
    Si crees que puede ser producido por mi computadora, aporto las características de ésta:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1
    CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six Core 3.2Ghz
    8GB RAM

En un punto donde colisiono con una mula se ve un error en la pantalla, eso no lo vi hasta revisar el video. Asi que puede que sea de la cámara y no del juego.

16. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

D'oh! descarga.jpg The video is horrible !!! But I can't do more if my team doesn't collaborate!

17. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

With the other matter of the rocks. On the left side of the images, the rock that disappears before leaving the scene.
    First image is the rock. Second image is two steps later and the rock disappears.
    JuegoNuevo_10502624_2019-09-03_22-57-19.png JuegoNuevo_10502624_2019-09-03_22-57-31.png

18. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Small detail.
    Trying to make the video and pausing, changing the window and returning to EGS (several times) ... When leaving the pause ...
    JuegoNuevo_10502624_2019-09-04_01-12-17.png JuegoNuevo_10502624_2019-09-04_01-12-27.png JuegoNuevo_10502624_2019-09-04_01-12-59.png

19. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you make sure you are on the latest experimental release ? the screenshots show B2625.

I will close this thread now if you find a issue that you can somehow show it to me please make a new thread.
    As for OBS I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you I copied over my settings that I linked to & it works ok for me so I'm not sure what to suggest on that I'm afraid. Perhaps check out other recording programs like FRAPS or msi afterburner.

cmguardia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.