PLZ Retest and Re-Report Save game loading issue

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Kyrei, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Kyrei

Kyrei Ensign

Started a vanilla SP game (first in a long while since I usually play RE) and followed the tutorial... until a point. When trying to build the Base Small Fuel Tank (unlocked in the Tech Tree) the Portable Constructor will only build a small fuel tank for HV/SV. I quit the game to make this post, got a "Continue" error and, when I tried to re-enter the SP game, got an infinite loading screen.

Just a heads-up.

2. Kyrei

Kyrei Ensign

Update: I used IM to bring in a Fuel Tank (T1) for a Base and continued on. I can only load from a backup though... exiting the game and continuing from the original game file still gives an endless loading screen.

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Sometimes I just click somewhere (anywhere) on the loading screen when the game seems to be stuck loading, the images gets greyed out a bit, and since I play in window mode I can see windows' message in the top bar telling me "game is not responding" and after a few seconds the loading makes a bit of progression. I can see the little segmented "pie" counter moving a bit, so I know it's still working to load. I can do this 2 or 3 times, and strangely it seems to help in some way.

Sometimes the game loads normally, but since I'm in "window" mode it's easy to move the cursor out of focus and click on another program (ex. my textures browser, when testing stuff) and when I get the cursor back over Empyrion's window, the top menu bar tells me "program is not responding" despites it doing its (slow) job of loading the game.

So obviously there's something fishy going on between Unity/ Empyrion and Windows trying to communicate about the state of the program, and this is unrelated to the reality of what is going on.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you provide a copy of this save game so we have something to potentially trigger & examine ?

From here https://empyriononline.com/threads/...uirements-known-issues-troubleshooting.47082/

How to attach a save game to a report:
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    Right click on "Empyrion" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    Right click on "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse > Saves > Games
    or: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it
    4. If you are sending us the info via an email please add a share link to the file or files you have uploaded

How to attach logs to a report:
    The client log, dedicated server logs & crashes folder locations:
    1. Client log location:
      Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Logs

2. Dedicated server logs ("Dedicated" & "Playfield" logs):
      Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Logs\<build number>

3. If a crash occurred please also look for & attach a copy of the crash folder. Crashes folder locations:
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    Create a dxdiag file & attach it with the previous files
    In Windows 7:
    • Click on the "Start" Button.
    • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    • Click on “Save all Information.”
    • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
    In Windows 8, Windows 10:
    • Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.
    • In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    • Click on "Save all Information." Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
    Now create copies of all of the relevant files or folders from the above instructions, compress them with windows built in compression option (Right click on the file or folder > Send to > "Compressed (Zipped) folder") then if you are using the forum attach to your report by dragging them into the reply box or using the upload a file option.

Thanks!