Fixed Skillon - Deserted Powers (5) - Quest Issue

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Kundara, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.10 4214
    Mode: Single Player
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 616235

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: uncertain
    Severity: possibly prevents continuing Skillon quest chain.

Type: Quest Event waypoints/triggers

Summary: Problem with quest events not spawning - possibly

Description: On stage 5, where you have to destroy the 2 down-thrusters : there does not seem to be any indicator to show where the thrusters are or what the should be attached too.

I've scanned down almost every POI on the moon, have visually explored the whole moon, and my scanners have not shown anything that acts the way the quest suggests, the only potentially hostile targets were patrol drones - when destroyed I again had no hostile contacts on the moon that had thrusters to destroy.

I dont know if i'm just missing something, in which case I'll have to look harder for the red keycard so i can pull levers on the pirate ship, which may destroy the core so i can kill the thrusters, or if this is as a result of something not spawning from quest point triggers.

Steps to Reproduce:

I have loaded in an earlier save, but it's a fair way back through the Deserted Powers questline - once I get back to this stage, I will update the post with whatever it is I find out.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    There was no OPV spawning at this stage? On top of the POI?

3. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

Nothing spawned directly on top of, or in the vicinity of, the Abandoned Vessel Yard once I had killed the core. I did get the quest updates telling me what to do, just nothing to do it too.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I just checked with the most recent version and the LAOCAI vessel spawned as it should. IN case you find the time, maybe you can try with a fresh savegame from the most recent EXP update (Release Candidate)? Thanks in advance :)

[​IMG]

5. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

I'll do a fresh start on Skillon this afternoon and see what happens.

Hummel-o-War likes this.
  6. Kundara

Kundara Ensign

Hey again.

Apologies on the delay, had some system issues that had to be resolved before I could continue testing.

Have done a fresh save on a new seed to run through the quest again. I activated the console to aquire resources and such to enable me to take on the mission sooner than would normally be indicated, which hopefully hasn't skewed the results, but relied on the game itself for any quest triggers without additional console help.

This time around, the OPV did indeed spawn on top of the POI, which of course brought it's own problems, but then that's what OPV's do!

Hummel-o-War likes this.
  7. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

Having the same problem on 1.10 release today. Everything fine until that step & nothing spawns above the Abandoned Base. Tried exiting, deactivate, talking to OldTimer again to activate - it simply won't spawn. Added new bug report in case this gets missed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023