stair jamming bug

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Leo The Pard, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Leo The Pard

Leo The Pard Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 2022-07-11 v1.8.4 B3850
    Mode: all modes
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: 100%
    Severity: medium (If you're interested, I can give you a lot of bugs and problems with jamming and bumping. But first let's deal with this bug).

Type: permanent presence

Summary:
    [​IMG]

Description:
    When climbing a corner staircase, the character stops twice. The first time is when entering the stairs, and the second time is when exiting its cube. This is very annoying when making twisted staircases of great height or depth. You can also (rarely) fall through the textures inside the planet.
    You need to make it so that the character walks smoothly, without stopping at the junctions of this object.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) make a ladder as in the screenshot
    2) try to climb it
    3) enjoy

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Same happens with the boarding ramps. testing on flat surface when the character walks from normal block onto the board (irrelevant if it is opened or closed) the character stops. Most of the time a jump is needed in order to walk on the board block.

Test with my CV Nova (epb file bellow) prospect and Camilla [Reforged]

Attached Files:

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Leo The Pard

Leo The Pard Ensign

And you pay attention to the concrete blocks, they are exactly what you need to avoid flying off the stairs during the jumps. It's just that he can't turn very well when jumping, and on a jetpack he can be carried away from the ladder at such moments. It's a really deep tunnel, I was going to hide the core from the Zyraxes in there. But when building the stairs to the mountain you have to do these turns too, and it's really annoying when you fall off the stairs and fly off into the abyss or to the bottom of the mine. So I would like to fix this block, it would be very nice.

Germanicus and Myrmidon like this.