Story Chapter 7: Sigma Fulcrum station is not in the system

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by japp_02, Apr 9, 2021.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Build: 1.4.5.3279
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single player

SERVER NAME: --
    SEED-ID: 488866

Reproducibility: Always with same savegame
    Severity: Major (story progression not possible)

Type: Solo missions

Summary: Story mission station is not found in system

Description:
    The start of chapter 7 went successfully, when I'm asked to find the Sigma Fulcrum station and warp to the corrisponding system map I did so, but there is no such station in the system, there are 2 ice asteroids which I explored to see if there's a hidden base, there isn't, i carefully searched all the system in a 30 km radius, there are wreckages, some colonist patrol ships and these 2 asteroids, else there is nothing.
    My console has this message line in yellow: "PDA: Playfield POI 'BAO_SigmaFulcrum' (or else) not found".
    The console 'map' command hasn't revealed any new info on the map.
    Checking files in Steam and clearing game cache didn't help.

Steps to Reproduce: Loading my provided savegame should be enough?

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Please tell me how to send you my savegame if necessary!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Wiping only resets what is in the playfield (poi’s and such). Move out anything you have parked there (ships and bases) before wiping, as this would be lost.

4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Thank you for the tip, very helpful and I will do of course.

5. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Hum...Not resolved yet. Resetting the playfield didn't help, I got the same objects in the new playfield but this time different colonist patrol ships, and still no Fulcrum station. Still the same yellow message in the console (see bug report description.)
    To be sure I have made the right reset command, here are 2 screenshots of my star system and the relevant playfield where the station should be:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2452084303

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2452084429

The command I entered in the console to reset the playfield (after leaving that field) was exactly:
    wipe 'Meaen Omicron' all

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I will start a new game with the same seed and respawn all what I had from the previous game, editing my containers, my progress level, my faction reputations etc. and skipping the story chapters until chapter 7. I will report here the ongoing.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Hummel-o-War likes this.
  7. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

After doing the above all went ok to spawn the Sigma Fulcrum station in the system, so I was able to do this mission chapter. However the mission itself presents some serious weak points for the player due to the interface and must be polished, please let me elaborate:

- It's almost impossible reading the longer story text onscreen while NPCs continue to shoot at you from all sides (in particular the Yarod dialogue)
    - These dialogues are not transfered to the PDA Log section, so no chance to read them again (bug)
    - Because of the 2 points above the story really doesn't matter, you have no real idea what's going on.

This needs to be changed to keep the immersion, especially point 2 above which is a bug I think. Despite of all that, the overall mission challenge is very well designed.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021