Fixed SV docking not in devices, can't dock with CV

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Talon-Thorn, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Talon-Thorn

Talon-Thorn Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.15 3887
    Mode: Local server
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always (in current game)
    Severity: Limits gameplay (can't dock SV, carry on CV)

Type: device list bug, device functioning bug

Summary: 1) The flat docking device (2 block) does not show up in the SV device list -- even if more than one flat dock is attached. 2) SV with docking device will not dock to CV but does dock to Base.

Description:
    1) This bug is about flat docking device attached to a SV. Other docking devices seem to work (verified with 2-block folding leg). When flat dock is attached, it does not show up in device list for SV. Removing and reattaching, or making a new dock and reattaching does not fix this. Exiting game and restarting server does not fix.

2) SV does not dock with CV. (Tested with flat docking device and two-block folding device). Regardless of placement and rotation (even no change), SV will not dock to CV. Note: Docking device is placed at "ground level" on side of SV, or on front (on cockpit) rotated sideways with solid part of block against cockpit, or on back rotated vertical and upwards while attached with solid side against SV.

NOTE: SV will easily dock to a Base. Even the flat dock device works, even though it isn't showing in the devices list!

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Take a SV and add the flat docking device, by placing it at the ground level on the side of the SV (no rotation).
    2)Move SV to CV that has a full block or partially filled block shape to where the docking device is in contact with the CV.
    3) Stop moving SV and wait for dock to activate -- never does.

Similarly, repeat by rotating and trying to dock on sides of SV.
    Similarly, attach docking device (flat dock or 2-block folding dock were tried) to SV and attempt to dock with base -- this works.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

PS: I will try to do additional testing at a later date.

2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

SV to CV docking requires both ships to in the same faction, or both ships to be private, or the CV to be in your faction and the SV to be private. I am guessing your SV and base are factioned, but your CV is private?

Having the docking pad show up in the device list to make it consistent with regular landing gears would be nice.

3. Talon-Thorn

Talon-Thorn Ensign

Hey thanks! That makes sense and I got it to work for me. Kudos!