Fixed Talon mission 1, monument not triggering.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by boolybooly, Apr 29, 2020.

1. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

BUILD: Console Savegame version Alpha 12 build 2878
    BUILD: Screenshot version Experimental 12.2 2883

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 184411 playfield "Vuneeure"

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: completely unmodified steam instal Win7

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: medium showstopper

Type: gameplay mission trigger

Summary: Cannot complete the first Talon mission without using the manual override.

Description: When you arrive at the monument the condition does not complete.

Steps to Reproduce: Activate the Talon missions. Go to the monument marked on the map. Next phase is not triggered and the objective remains incomplete in the F1 log.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Marker showing on map.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077965768

In SV close to the base of the monument, marker visible "17.1m".
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077965807

PDA while on foot inside the monument less than 10m from marker. Shows mission to find monument not complete.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077965698

Thorwine likes this.
  2. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Likewise Talon mission 5 "Creatures of the Night" will not start because the first link in the mission chain is "go to monument" and when you go there the condition of reaching the location will not trigger so the spiders do not appear and the chain is broken unless you manually complete the arrival at the monument step.

Then the spiders spawn in the appropriate location OK.

So something about the trigger for the player arriving in the monument location is not functioning in the current build.

3. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Likewise Talon mission 11 "Suspicious Signal - find the second tower" is also broken and does not complete when you arrive at the tower location.

Screenshots

Inside the second tower 2.5m from the location.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077989477

Same location and the condition has not triggered.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077989520

Other aspects of the mission chain did trigger, like finding the signal and the collapsing wall and activating the lever worked. But doing these out of sequence broke the "check walls again" trigger. This worked OK on a replication playthrough when the arriving at tower condition was manually triggered before dropping into the trap to find the signal. So as long as the location trigger works then the walls wont be a problem.

There is another problem with the mission re: spawning of dinos inside the tower but I will put that in a different report.

4. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Likewise Talon Mission 1 #16 "Excavation" the "back to tribal tower" condition does not complete and "Excavate Signal" does not complete.

5. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Likewise "Solo mission - Human Remains - Go to signal", the condition of arriving at the "Crashed Titan (Front)" is not triggering.

This indicates a more general problem with location triggers since this is a differnt mission chain with different props, but has the same problem.

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Seems to be the same problem as the crashed titan in the Human remains quest. You have to physically touch where the the waypoint is to advance the quest instead of getting within 25 meters or so like you used to.

michael.mccawley and SamuelPatre like this.
  7. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Good point, this is true, I just tested it with the Titan Mid condition of the solo missions by digging under the titan.

But it is a problem because you cannot physically touch some of these wayponts because they are buried within or below indestructible blocks.

Like in the Talon monument it is below a building block and likewise in the second Talon mission tower the waypoint is within the tower below the indestructible core, at least an assault rifle would not damage it and that was the best I had in there with me.

So these mission are effectively broken by this, needs to be 10m or better 5om proximity to trigger.

michael.mccawley and Pach like this.
  8. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

I found the only other way to resolve this is to enable god mode and phase through to the marker.

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Known issues (due to tech change on PDA and how the approach-markers are handled). Hope to have the Talon story and companion missions fixed on phase 3

Thorwine, Pach and RazzleWin like this.
  10. Godis

Godis Ensign

I'm a little curious about waypoints and mission markers in general, but didn't want to open a new thread for this. I hope it's ok to post here. Since Alpha 12, when you accept a mission while being in another solar system, there's no indicator where to go exactly, as far as I can tell. I know that the first missions are meant to be played in the starter system. But sometimes it's hard to tell where I have to go actually. And I have noticed something else. I wanted to try the mission "Human Remains", and just out of interest I activated it from another solar system, because I wanted to check if any marker will appear on the galaxy map. And there was a marker appearing, but I really don't know where it belongs to. The mission "Human Remains" happens on the starter planet, right? However, after I've enabled the mission, suddenly a marker appeared somewhere in the center of the galaxy. So I reloaded my savegame and started the mission again, to check if the marker is somehow linked to it. But this time the marker appeared somewhere else, but still very far away from my current position and also near the galaxy's center again. It was a yellow arrow by the way. When I tested this the third time, no marker appeared anymore. Now I want to know what this marker is up to. I didn't have had any other mission enabled and there wasn't any other indicator about it.

I think it would be better to add mission markers and waypoints also to solar systems, so it's always clear where you have to go. And another (probably known) issue is the triggering of waypoints. For example, when a waypoint or mission marker appears on a location that helds a wreckage, you sometimes have to dig your way to it in order to trigger the mission progress. Wouldn't it be better if these markers and waypoints would check for players presence within a given radius, like 5 meters or something like that?

I recently played the "Uncertain Outcomes" mission for Polaris. I had to manually trigger the progress at least for two times, because it just didn't recognize that I've had reached the objectives. Later I found out that I had in some cases to reach the waypoint EXACTLY where it has been placed, like on the oppsite site of an asteroid station, which only was possible by using the EVA suit. THis wouldn't be a problem - if that would be described more detailed in the missions log, for example.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  11. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

@Godis :

I do not believe the quests have been updated to the new A12 mechanics yet, which is why you are having so many issues. Many of the questlines are "broken" right now. I tried to do Polaris, and it says to go to a Lava planet in the same system... which didn't exist.

I'm thinking these will be fixed after they get the database issues sorted out (which is actually more critical, as annoying as it may seem to not be able to quest)

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Godis

Godis Ensign

Allright, that makes sense. After all the quests can be played.. somehow :)
    But exploration in A12 is already a great thing.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  13. michael.mccawley

michael.mccawley Lieutenant

The title of this thread is definitely "Single Player Missions all have location reporting issues." I can reproduce all of this and more, but since I am certain there is a single root cause in a location-reporting function or method somewhere I'm confident they are all related.

14. Godis

Godis Ensign

Does anyone know what's going on in the story mission that happens at the beginning, where you have to "drill down at the marker position" somehwere below that talon monument tower?

In Alpha 12.4 it is the stage after you stepped into a trap 5km away below another small tower with insignia tablets. After that the mission target says to return to the monument and then it stays at "excavate signal". The problem is that there is no marker where to drill down, and I've tried it several times. I even drilled the entire ground around and below the monument, but nothing happens.

15. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

That sounds like the bug already reported in this thread:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/tales-of-the-past-playfield-poi-prison-not-found.93415

Germanicus likes this.