Fixed Teleport to CV Teleporter - Character view direction incorrect [7340]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by basingleton, May 19, 2020.

1. basingleton

basingleton Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: SP

SEED-ID: All, but currently "283900"

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Teleport

Summary: Teleport to CV Teleporter - Character view direction incorrect

Description: Anytime you teleport to a CV teleporter, you spawn looking at the ceiling, instead of at the teleporter console. Teleporting to BA or POI teleporter has correct view direction forward (at teleporter console), not upward toward the ceiling.

Steps to Reproduce: Teleport to any CV teleporter, observe you are looking at the ceiling when you spawn in.

Pach likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    I'm not having much luck triggering this reliably in the save game you have as of A12.4 does it still happen ?
    & is it reliably triggered from the BA or CV you teleport from ?

3. basingleton

basingleton Commander

I have not done CV to CV (that I recall).. it's all POI BA to CV, or personal BA to CV. I will test in A12.4 now as I just got the download and created a creative game.

I'm updating into 2 categories: Creative vs Survival

@Pantera I created a creative and survival games (I can send you).. here's the setup:

1 Base with a teleporter
    1 CV "Osiris" with a teleporter
    1 CV "Starduster" with a teleporter

CREATIVE MODE BEHAVIOR
    When I'm at the base teleporter, it sees both CVs. When I teleport to either of them, the orientation is correct. My observation before was in A12.3 and in Survival Only.

There is now an additional issue: When at the teleporter on either CV (same result).. there are no targets listed, not the other CV, and not the Base. All of these objects are about 50 meters apart. I tried turning on and off all the filters while at the CV teleporter and I could not get any targets to show up. All three objects (CV/BA) are powered up, shields are down. Teleporters are "off" by default using a sensor. I tried forcing one of the CVs teleporter to stay on and the other still cannot see it.

While in the teleport target menu (at the teleporter), it is blank, but when up at the top I click on "map", and then back to "registry", all 3 objects are shown in the registry, however, because *this* view of the registry was not initiated directly by the teleporter, there is no button at the bottom to teleport to any of the objects.. it's purely the 'registry' view.

Summary: issue with orientation seems fixed. New Issue where CV cannot see CV or BA targets on same playfields even when close together. Teleporter at BA sees both CVs normally.

SURVIVAL MODE BEHAVIOR
    When I'm at any of the 3 teleporters, I can see the other two (BA to CV, CV to CV). When teleporting from BA or CV to one of the CVs, the orientation is correct. When teleporting from BA or CV to the OTHER CV, the orientation looks at the ceiling.

Note: The previous problem reported in A12.3 happened all the time on all CVs (including the Starduster). The CV where the orientation is correct now in survival (starduster), is the same CV that was always incorrect before (looking at the ceiling).. this CV has extra space above the teleporter before the sensor.

The CV whereby the orientation is now always incorrect (Osiris), is a very short ship, and has only 1 block above the teleporter used up by the 'teleporter ready' sensor. I am staring up at the ceiling/sensor each time I spawn onto this CV.

THOUGHTS
    Perhaps the CV orientation has something to do with where you are looking when you spawn in.. the Creative game they were all level and landed, but the survival game they were not level as it was an area with hills.

-Both Creative and Survival Games have been zipped and attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. basingleton

basingleton Commander

In the save game 'survival', it happens reliably when you teleport TO the Osiris CV from either the BA or the Starduster CV.

Since in the 'creative' I found no CVs are ever listed as targets, it was impossible to test in creative (that's the other 'issue' I mentioned above).

Pach likes this.
  5. Pantera

• Developer
    @Lord Sapito thanks for your setup this has been logged & will be checked out.

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  6. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix for is is available in the next release.

Pach and Germanicus like this.