PLZ Retest and Re-Report Teleporter bug

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Murkalael, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8.3 3849
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Solo

SERVER NAME: none
    SEED-ID: 3

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity: critical

Type: bug

Summary: Teleporter stopped to recognize player's unlocked locations

Description: Played up to the point where we need to go to Sienna and get inside a Zirax comm station, as part of the mission previously given inside of the inferno club on Omicron sector. Once cleared the POI in Sienna, I decided to use my ship teleporter to return to a previous built base in Omicron, to gather some O2 and water that I left on the portable O2 device in front of the base. There's where I noticed it didn't work.
    Is worth to say that I had tested teleporter before starting this mission chain and it was working and now it doesn't. I have no idea how to reproduce this. I have done previous missions and I had teleporters unlocked to orbital space station on Omicron and Sanctuary. While doing the mission on Sienna, I was required to jump in Zirax teleporters to reach certain locations, but these were working fine.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

My idea: In your base in the P menu under faction, what have you set there, have you changed it? If it's on Private all should be ok also with the teleporter.
    If the error persists I would delete the cache files in the game folder and see if it corrects.

it's easy to think that the faction owner of a POI is xxxx, but what counts is the faction name written in what you see in the waypoint in the 3D world, e.g. [COL] XXX etc. and you must be friendly with this faction in order to teleport. Maybe these factions change during a story development, a reason why first it worked then it doesn't work anymore, but most likely that isn't it.

Another reason can be: Some story teleporters need a switch on the wall or something to be active, and something can get them inactive again, a reason why they suddenly wouldn't work. You'd have to check the particular situation, but in that case if they don't work you should 't get so far to see the destination screen, to my knowledge this screen shows ALL possible destinations, but only the friendly ones will work to teleport.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  3. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

I have set none, I always keep as it is without factions, I already seen some player's videos doing it, but I always forget to tinkle with it.

4. A.F.T

A.F.T Grand Admiral

Just check the filters...You have activate the filter for CV's and disable all filters for group\private (icon with persons)

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

I was able to reproduce that again. Seems to be tied to missions objectives in Sienna. On the video above I just have returned from that club on Omicron's orbit where you're directed to look for the snowy planet. So I believe this is the trigger. On this play through I went all the way to Sienna and before I gone to to the torn freighter, I tried to go back to my base to grab some plants and same thing happened.

6. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

In the video above you had the CV filter activated on both teleporters.
    I know that it should have still shown the CV in that case but didn't.
    What happens if you turn the CV filter off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

Doesn't matter. It was that way because I was trying to figure out what was going on, so I must had set that in the way you see, but at the beginning of the problem was defaulted to all structures. On this specific day, once I left Sienna Sector and re-logged, it fixed, but in current gameplay I'm already on the red planet and still glitched.

8. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

Made another video about this on my 4th save after last patch. I have finished Sienna and headed to Symos, on the legacy part of the mission. I totally ignored the story on this region and headed to the moon to gather some pentaxid. I have a teleporter on the ship and one on the starter base on Skilion, also I have friendly reputation with Polaris. Still the problem seems to be persistent this time.