PLZ Retest and Re-Report Teleporter lagging

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Ethakk, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Ethakk

Ethakk Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: Current
    Mode: Survival (gportal)
    Mode: Coop

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Unknown cause.
    Severity: Requires restart.

Type:

Summary: Teleporter lagging.

Description: I have not been able to find a reference (other than very old posts on steam) for teleporters hanging up on the loading screen that will occasionally finish the process after some 4+ minutes; but generally requires the client to be stopped and restarted. This results in being dropped onto a planet, random stations, 0/0/0 in space, or best case scenario wherever you were going but beneath it if it's a space station. This was very intermittent in previous states but since the last update it has become consistent to the point of not being able to use them. Client install has been checked, server restarted, adequate bandwidth et al. This evening after everyone else was off I tried using the teleporter 20 times. 5 from one point on the same planet to another. 5 from one planet to another in system (or CV, Station). 5 to orbit in other systems and 5 to planets in other systems. The rate of failure of these were 3/5, 2/5, 4/5, 3/5.

I am unaware of any workaround.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

03-11-22 "Currently not reproducible" BS, it's the most easily reproducible bug there is by at any point using a teleporter.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  2. Kilamanjaro

Kilamanjaro Ensign

This, same problem for me today, 3 times and it has dropped me in space, at the core of another faction twice.

I suspect it's RAM induced as I'm only running 8GB. I don't recall the previous requirements being 10GB (odd number) before, so something has changed?

I have ran fine for many hours on this server but recently we have added alot of ships and bae expansions, I teleport alot more often. I know little of the technical aspects of games, but is that not a RAM issue?

3. Ethakk

Ethakk Ensign

I wouldn't think it's your ram. I've 128 and it either works (once or twice) or doesn't work at all.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Technical requirements are to be found here -> https://empyriongame.com/faq/

Q: What are the system requirements for the game?
    A: Minimum System Requirements. OS: Windows (7 and 8), 64-bit system required. Processor: Dual-Core Processor 2.5 GHz or better. Memory: 8GB RAM. Graphics: AMD RX 550 / NVIDIA GTX 1050 (min. 2 GB VRAM). DirectX: 11. Hard Drive: 10 GB available space (SSD is highly recommended). Sound Card: DirectX® compatible.

Recommended Requirements. OS: Windows (7 and 8), 64-bit system required. Processor: Quad-Core 3 GHz or better. Memory: 16GB RAM. Graphics: AMD Vega 56 / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti (min. 4 GB VRAM). DirectX: 11. Hard Drive: 15GB available space (SSD is highly recommended). Sound Card: DirectX® compatible.