The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration Scenario - Over 200 playfields.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by piddlefoot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. N99024

N99024 Captain

@piddlefoot Here's some playfield files for those planets I ran into issues with, either all or most asteroids were moved to appropriate locations or a few removed, Also fixed Lucia as it was having an error loading, and gave its orbit, like i did with Icarus, a major cleanup.

In other news, those were all my starter planets that I borrowed from your scenario, if I run into any more issues with planets in it besides the starter ones, I'll be sending my personal fixes your way if you want/need them.

Attached Files:

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Thanks dude, but 7.0 is all about the Orbits, I have been ingame and flown around all the asteroid fields and relocated every asteroid in the game to better positions that do not touch any other object, namingly those voxel asteroids.
    There are now no roids intersecting the planets co ordinates, this didn't slow loading but was just annoying to see, I have created a few new space playfields asteroid systems, every ore asteroid manually collected co-ords, Ive been to every playfield in testing and there all loading faster, some playfields do have a lot in them so its a 3 seconds pause while they load ,very few of them though, so what I might do with your playfields N99024 is use them on some starters and on the new section of solar system Im doing for the scenario.

The next update, 7.0 will require a full wipe, fresh start.

There should be 9 or so new planets in the scenario by then, Im on the 3rd planet now building it and setting up an extention to the story of the scenario, more to find sort of thing. Were gunna add a Zirax Homeworld !

3. [OX]Satren

[OX]Satren Ensign

Do you have any image previews of your planets?

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

5. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

Is there a way to leave the instances early or do you have to wait for the timer?

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If you mean the instances you go through the stargate to get to then yes.
    If its multiplayer and your connectedto a server simply disconnect and re connect and it will place you at the gate where you first stepped through, walk backwards and your good to go.
    If its the SP version then just quit the game and restart the game and it will also place you at the gate back at the planet you left from.

7. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

Ah good stuff. Thanks. Pretty awsome scenario

8. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

This looks pretty awesome. I'm contemplating setting this up, but my question is should I wait for the 7.0 release, or get my feet wet with the current version and reset after 7 is released.

Thanks in advance.

9. Russell

Russell Commander

Is it possible for you to make a harder start version? I love the variety provided by the scenario, but find the high starting ores coupled with the resources available at the Trading Stations makes the game very easy and this forces me back to the default game. And I am too much of a cheat to ignore the easy pickings :(

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I can yes and its a good idea to have an extreme start so lets do it !
    I will call it Russells.!!
    The planet that is !
    Then I will set the starter pack for Russells to whatever you like, hows that sound ?

So just how hard do you really want it ?

List what you think should be in the starter pack .

Do you want Orbital start or planet ?
    Do you want it in your backpack or in the drop pod ?

And what type of planet do you like to start on ?
    Temperate, lava etc ?

I will check thread tomorrow.

11. Russell

Russell Commander

Ha, that's brilliant. I'm chuffed. :p Now I don't know what I want. I don't think my idea of extreme will be one most would consider extreme.

I would prefer planet start. The only change really to resources I'm suggesting is to leave out the starting ingots. That appears to be the major difference between your scenario and the default game.

I think I want to enjoy the planet - I like pretty planets like Akua but maybe skew the color palette, so temperate zone, but with a temperature or radiation load that can be countered by adding armor protection when you get to the Trading Station (so the protection would need to be in the start, either backpack or pod). Plenty of nasties. Need some rocks that can be mined (not a lot, I don't want to be tripping over them). I like how you cut back on friendly OPs, but increased them on the moons.

How I'm playing the game in default is hard but with fast progression, so I race to level 3, build a multi tool with mined rock, try to get to level 7 by picking etc, dissemble the survival outpost before nightfall and the arrival of the airborne nemesis, build a minimal hover, charge for the Trading Station to don the protection for outer space then build an SV and mine asteroids. This can be done within ten minutes in your scenario because there is no work required to hunt around for ores. And that negates the reduction of OPs, because you can get into space without them. It becomes very predictable.

I used to enjoy the thrill of the starts where you had to ride the bike around the planet for at least a bit I guess, and that has gone out of the game. I am not asking for that, but I would like a bit more tension to be maintained for a longer time.

I just played a game in default (no starting ores) where the seed had no promethium on planet, moon or asteroid, other than occasional crystals - it really threw me. Not sure whether it was a bug or deliberate, but I went with it. So the tension the game used to have in the early days came back, as it was a race against time with limited resources to build a CV and get to another planet, while conserving promethium - biggest buzz I've had since the early days.

Anyway see how you go. Maybe there could be a bit of discussion about the dynamic here with suggestions from other players about what is missing and what can be added.

piddlefoot likes this.
  12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Your planet is done on one of the new terrain files and new playfield files from devs, modified of coarse and heres a pic of your new starter planet, just be aware this thread is the MP version, this update at 7.0 for my scenario is for the SP version not the MP version, Ive had no time for the MP version yet.
    7.0 will require a new game start anyway so it shouldn't be to much of an issue anyway.

Attached Files:

13. Russell

Russell Commander

Sweet. Can't wait. That sky is terrific :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

Wow that looks awsome. How hard is it? Haha

15. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Sorry, but this is NOT a 'hard empyrion gaming'...

Play on 'slow' progression and work your way up, take out core from survival outpost to avoid PV or drones and live/hide in it, fix-it to be safer from environment hazards & make real fence around it to keep enemies at distance (as you can still build without core), choose day and/or night for hunt, explore, mine, .... and you will drive your bike around for days to map best & fastest route to ores and trades (use constructors there or in space stations), you'll have to plan every action in advance, you will use chainsaw again for real for wood (& for killing), you will again appreciate every POI you discover & every single piece of loot you find. etc. etc.
    Trust me & try, it is so much different & better game :)

Piddlefoot, did you 'handmade' some/all planets (this new type) for your scenario for Alpha 7 scenario version, or are they old generated type like before?

16. Russell

Russell Commander

Ha. I didn't say it was 'hard empyrion gaming'... I said I play at 'hard' setting' and I further qualified by admitting I used fast progression and 'cheated' by taking the easy way out. I realize my way to play the game is not the hardest... in fact I said as much earlier in the post. I actually asked @piddlefoot for a 'harder start' than currently offered in his scenario.

I have switched up to normal progression. For me it's trying to find a balance between maintaining an edge to my game and the grindiness that is there on slow progression.

By the by, I consider setting up in the survival hut a bit of a cop out, almost as soft as setting up in a friendly POI.

17. Deldo

Deldo Ensign

Does anyone know what would cause the portals to stop working? They teleport to the instance then teleport you straight back..

18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Piddlefoot, did you 'handmade' some/all planets (this new type) for your scenario for Alpha 7 scenario version, or are they old generated type like before?[/QUOTE]

Every single planet and space playfield is a custom hand made thing.
    The new 500 height maps there are 9 new planets in the scenario using these scale maps but they are all customized, there is no Akua in this scenario anymore, the moons used to be default planets but Ive redone all of them now.

So the scenario has older style yamls, but they are 7.0 up to date yamls as I have gone over every one of them adding the new code from the new yamls so new music and features can be seen / used in scenario, as I type here, there are 234 files open in notepad++ ! That's all the playfields basically.
    27 files open in basic windows notepad also ! Me checking stuff.

Yes its so much work the MP version of the scenario hasn't been updated to 7.0 at all yet ONLY the SP version is ready so far.

Hells_Saber likes this.
  19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Object of an instance is not set to an object !

Usually it means a fault in a yaml with the POI your teleporting to OR the BP of the base has an error in which case its usually a fault in the address line of the teleporter.
    Other things can effect the teleporter system, just a change in spelling of the POI its teleporting you too will render them useless, absolutely ANY mistake in teleporter address bar will render it useless also.

If its loading the instance playfield and then instantly unloading the instance playfield and dumping you back at the teleporter you started at, then its likely theres an error on the Planets yaml that the instance is set to go to.
    Check the planets yaml, then go to creative and go into godmode and check the teleporters address is correct. Base@Playfield.

Deldo likes this.
  20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I worked most of last night getting the MP version of this scenario up to speed on new update.

There have been some HUGE changes and a NEW game will absolutely be needed if you want all the new goodies.

There are now challenging starts !

Prison Break, Gunslinger , Arena Victim, and a few others !
    These are starts designed for players to jump into INSTANT action !
    They range from Easy to You Cant Survive This !
    So read the planet descriptions first !

The Galaxy map has also changed, the END of the Story is in and finished.
    The Zirax Homeworld is in and littered with bases for you to beat up.
    The Zirax Orbit to the Homeworld is the final stand, you need to find these invaders and kill dem all !
    ^You will need ALOT of firepower to beat all of these.
    There are multiple new planets, and the PvE to PvP ration has changed a lot, to be more focused on a few specific spots on the journey to stop at PvE planets and collect Ore and the ones in between are places of danger.
    It concentrates players in specific areas much better than it did before, being such a huge Solar system.

The end Solar system, where you defeat the Zirax Homeworld in this MP version is set to regen once ever 24 real hours.

Having a few problems with Steam updating this scenario today but I am working on it with devs also looking at log files so I hope it will be sorted some time during today so I can get it back up on workshop, sorry for the delay people.