The Ship Sharing Thread

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by WolfAmaril, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I tried out Vertical Access Doors, & decided I didn't like how hard it was to see my way to Align with it for flying up & down through the Doors that way, EVEN with my using Cockpit 2 for the SV Cockpit of my choice. Glad different Options are able to work for different people. :)

CrazyEd likes this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

It seems like a cheat going into 3rd person and swiveling the camera sideways to see where to land.

That is kind of ONE nice thing I liked from SE (*urk?!*) was ability to slap a camera on the belly or rear, and hot-key switch to viewing from them while flying.

Tyrax Lightning and CrazyEd like this.
  3. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Yeah, options are a beautiful thing, ps. there is a conventional door in this things chin :)
    That said I'm on a drive at the moment to brush up on my positional accuracy, pick a spot and land on it (I miss a lot hahaha)
    3rd person when near or inside objects is just broken, so i don't really use it

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Oh a parking cam would be the way to go, and yeah I avoid 3rd person flying and parking as much as possible, trying to hone my non existant flying skills.... sigh

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

I've completed my first Dogfighting CV! (Sadly not like she'll ever work, but I just couldn't help myself anyway...)

Front View:
    [​IMG]
    See those Vents? Those are for sniffing out Prey, & for drinking in the Tears of the Defeated... Not. :p

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]
    A little bit of experimental Vanity. :p

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    Any similarity in appearance to a Butt is purely coincidental. ;)

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe someday we'll be able to Color the Symbols.

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    & no I don't care if all that flatness looks boring. No need to add useless extra Encumbrance just for Looks on a Combat Vessel.

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    Someday maybe i'll figure how to make a way in that looks not stupid & is effective, but until then, i'll settle for just effective.

Edit: In hindsight, I wonder if Ramps woulda been useful for way in usage... too late. Maybe next Build.

6. EkkiThump

EkkiThump Lieutenant

Here's my best (only) CV design, the A'Tuin Star Botherer:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719108416

View from the front:

LP_Empyrion_2016-07-06_23-28-38.png

View from the upper rear:

LP_Empyrion_2016-07-06_23-28-15.png

Features:

- Looks a bit like a turtle
    - Three shell-mounted artillery turrets
    - Four minigun turrets; two on the neck, two on the underbelly.
    - SV bay above the head
    - HV bay attached to the underbelly
    - Both bays use 9x5 hangar doors; the HV bay is above ground level and accessed using the very fresh and modern retractable ramp blocks.
    - External structure built from combat steel, hence...
    - Quite expensive at 25,930 iron and 13,220 sathium, with a build time of over 16 hours
    - All mod cons; warp-capable, 48 cargo boxes, advanced constructor, space for 90 sprouts, 10 T2 fridges, food processor, clone chamber, medic station, several O2 stations scattered around.
    - Completely untested in real combat, although it certainly gives those spiders on Omicron what-for.
    - Able to take off under the gravity of any default planet, theoretically.

7. Tyrax Lightning

I like how ya sat your 2nd Turret right behind the first one so it could shoot the 1st Turret in the ass & the 3rd Turret where it could shoot the 2nd Turret in the ass. XD

Frigidman and EkkiThump like this.
  8. EkkiThump

EkkiThump Lieutenant

Well, it gives the first and second turrets a strong incentive to do their job properly.

9. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  10. JinM

JinM Lieutenant

My first ship of my first game in Empyrion: The Dedalus.

20160713154238_1.jpg 20160713161630_1.jpg 20160713161238_1.jpg
    I use her as a scout and for orbital mining. I don't intend to use her for fighting, but to flee if there comes some villain. For this purpose I used many hull blocks, 6 main thruster and 3 directional thruster for each side all carefully sunken in 2 blocks deep, and finally added cargo space, constructor and an o2 station behind the shutter doors.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  11. Rebound

Rebound Ensign

My first creation so far.
    2016-07-13 20_21_35-Empyrion - Galactic Survival.png 2016-07-13 20_21_58-Empyrion - Galactic Survival.png 2016-07-13 20_22_22-Empyrion - Galactic Survival.png 2016-07-13 20_24_01-Empyrion - Galactic Survival.png
    Features are:
    • 2 Normal Thrusters facing forward and backward
    • 2 Directional Thrusters facing up, down, left and right
    • 2 RCS
    • Fridge, 4 Storage Containers, 2 Small Constructors, Oxygen Station + Tank, Small Fuel Tank + Generator
    • 2 Rocket Launchers + Small Ammo Box

Quite happy how it turned out :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Careful firing those rockets while on the move. Don't want the rockets slamming into all your exposed components and side of the cockpit ;)

IN BEFORE TYRAX!

13. Tyrax Lightning

I've given up. No one is listening to me & seem to just prefer to learn the hard way. :rolleyes:

Frigidman likes this.
  14. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

[​IMG]

Our fighters (2 Left), Bombers (Center), and Troop Transport (Right) With more to come.

[​IMG]

Our Main battle tanks in camouflage environments, Utilizing the tile textures it begins to break apart the silhouette at 500M distance. Now if the devs would just take away the ability to see everyone on the map.

For more info on piloting these vessels, check us out here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/op-odium-pact-pvp-mature.6761/page-2#post-61813

15. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Interior of the hangar in the carrier is finished and operational, time to slap some pretty colors on the exterior and strut our stuff all across HWS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Rebound

Rebound Ensign

Luckily, nothing happened so far. But as I said, first creation. Did not really read any tutorials/guides or apparently anything from Tyrax ;) But I am willing to learn. Should the weapon systems be suspended more (downwards, to the sides?) or should they generally be placed in front of the ship?

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Tyrax Lightning

That's ok, no one else reads anything from me anyway. :p

My Advice: Mount your Weapons in a forward enough position to where there's no part of your Ship close enough to the Rocket Launcher's Exit Holes to be able to accidentally 'Intercept' that Rocket Launcher's own Rockets before they can clear the Ship & fly onward no matter what directions you're flying in quickly or at full speed. When I do my Clearance Tests I even do major testing via trying Test Flying in Space (For the faster Max Top Speed) going maximum speed in forward, a side, & up or down at the same time, & even extremes like forward, a side, up or down, & one of the Spinning Directions all at once. If I do this in several angles & can't find anyway to hit myself with my Weapons doing it, the Weapon Placement Configuration gets a Pass. :)

Rebound and Frigidman like this.
  18. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Meet 'Eon StarJumper' :)

'At the pinnacle of their civilization the Eon used StarJumpers to chart the star clusters in Andromeda Galaxy. Capable of storing large quantities of cargo and food and having a moderate level of fuel consumption, Mark I ships were ideal for space and planetary exploration.

However, when the war with the Za'hal broke out the Eon desperately needed a ship capable of doing military reconnaissance, scouting and support missions. StarJumper Mark II emerged as a collective attempt by finest Eon phasesmiths to perform such tasks: hangar bay was recrafted for fitting small fighters, hull durability was increased (steel replaced by reinforced steel) and more turret weapons were installed.'

StarJumper MkI - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724828959
    StarJumper MkII - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724829174

SirKnumskull and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

So it is finally done, far too many hours spent on this thing

Official blurb.....

[​IMG]
    The Wolfworx Consortium have something a little special for those planning on launching large scale air assaults on the enemy.

We are proud to announce The Mako Shark Carrier.

It is designed to carry six medium size SV's in its lower hangar ( You could fit more if they were smaller). Access to this hangar is through the Sharks mouth at the front.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The upper hangar is intended for the fabrication of SV's or small CV's and has room for 2 to 3 building projects at any given time, all in a safe and pleasing zero gravity environment.
    [​IMG]
    Oxygen and health stations abound for minimal workflow interruptions.

There are also two external landing bays on the nacelles.

This hangar features a large double door access at the rear and a larger double door in the top deck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It comes standard with a warp drive, dual gravity generators and a redundant thruster system ( The Mako will fly on the thrusters in one, or both nacelles) The thruster Nacelles are vented to space vacuum, we honestly don't know why, but it looks cool. All thrusters are accessible from inside the ship for repairs and maintenance.

Generator capacity is sufficient, with space allowed for additional generators (should you require it) without having to hack the body work apart.

There are three cockpits, the main cockpit is located on the upper deck and gives a good overview of the ship.
    [​IMG]
    The Mako has a number of turrets mounted externally to keep attackers at bay. It also has forward facing weaponry and an artillery gun, because you never know what you may encounter.

Forward facing guns are accessible from inside the ship for repairs and maintenance.

There is a large food growing area and galley for those who believe an astronaut flies on his stomach. Wait what ?

All areas and decks are named ( A though Z ) and are clearly marked, this convention is carried through to the PDA access naming convention and groups.

There are a number of under utilised areas for you to purpose as you see fit.

* Please note*
    The Devastator SV shown being worked on is not included with the CV, but is available here
    The Retaliators filling the lower hangar are not included with the CV, but are available here
    The Kirst SV shown being fabricated in and rising out of the CV is not included with the CV but will be available here soon

As always, please don't distribute as your own, modified or not. If you do make cool mods let me know, I'd love to see

..... End official blurb

20. Tyrax Lightning

Does @MechPilot524 know that the Wolfworx Consortium is stealing his CV Name Line Thunder? Might wanna do something about this or the Wolfworx Consortium & the Blue Nova Syndicate could get some bad blood between them... ;)

Blackhawk likes this.