Feedback Required Three things you absolutely DISlike about Empyrion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

1: ....that we don't get more possibilities to modify the game. for example to create own constructors besides the existing ones.
    2: .... that we don't get the possibility to add our own custom blocks to the terrain generation. for example our own trees.
    3: .... that there is not the possibility to integrate interesting own construction blocks. for example new weapon towers, portals, automatic doors....
    ;)

akimzav likes this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Time to contribute again, these are the three things I dislike the most at the moment:

1) That I can often be "hit" by melee foes from way beyond their visual attack range.
    2) That I can often be hit through solid blocks by many melee attackers and, to a lesser degree, some ranged attackers.
    3) That despite having perfect LoS on a target, my shots are often still blocked.

Why do I dislike these so much?

I role play as a fast, nimble character in usually light armour with mobility boosts. The key is not to be hit where possible, where adversaries are mostly melee attackers. Taking damage when I'm no where near an enemy but I WAS close to them moments earlier is exceedingly frustrating. There seems to be an issue where if the attacker starts their attack animation when the player is near, they will still take damage even if they're well out of the way (jet pack assisted jump) when the animation completes. It's like the "hit" is pre-determined if the player is in-range when it starts not just when it lands. Add to this, many melee critters attack range is beyond the visual range, so a player who should be "safe" still takes damage.

When standing safely - in theory - on a block well above a melee critter, many are able to attack through that block even though there's no direct line between them and the player. This seems to be linked to said critters partially clipping into the block during their attack animation. The same sometimes happens with ranged attacks too - i.e. Zirax Troops - when their guns partially clip into a block. As can be seen in God Mode, if the player clips into one side of a block, they are able to fire through the other side of the block. Note: it doesn't help that, through lack of animations I imagine, that melee attackers don't actually have to be facing the player to hit them. It's why, I assume, that a critter attacking forwards is able to "hit" a player currently jet-pack-jumping several metres above them. Bottom line is that the player successfully dodges an attacker - i.e. the player isn't there any more yet a "hit" is still counted due to these factors.

When taking cover, attempting to shoot around a block in a POI, despite perfect LoS player fire is often incorrectly blocked by things. Many of the Deco blocks are TERRIBLE for this, with their collision mesh seemingly MUCH larger than their physical size. However, even with regular blocks, such as an L-Class Steel Block on a POI, especially if they're not just a regular cube, shots with perfect LoS can often be blocked - meanwhile the player is taking fire from the thing they're attempting to shoot - but can't due to the broken collision.

These are really fundamental elements of the game, and there not working properly leads to a lot of frustration for me.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  3. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

1. Changes to the personnel weapons. I now have to reload my combat shot gun to kill a spider its insane. It was always challenging to do some of the larger POI's and the Ilmarinen was impossible to do with out dyeing now even the easy POI's are lethal which just removes more content from the game. For example with a pulse rifle it was 2 1/2 magazines of head shots to kill a stationary guardian where as in light armour I am dead from one or 2 hits.
    2. The sound effects in POI's they have such poor direction it so hard to tell where the enemy is.
    3. So many bugs that have been here for years and when you report them the staff are dismissive and rude only months later admitting that the bugs exist and fixing it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  4. johnietoth1967

johnietoth1967 Commander

I think the POI's have actually gotten easier.

5. builder680

builder680 Lieutenant

1. Volumetric Lighting
    2. Volumetric Lighting
    3. Volumetric Lighting

XLJedi, Wellingtoon and Wanev like this.
  6. Manuka

Manuka Ensign

1. Lack of endgame content
    2. Missing blocks
    3. Wooden NPC's

Westworld likes this.
  7. Israel

Israel Commander

1. Lack of Circular Blocks to build UFO-like & Star-Trek like ships.
    2. Lack of optimization, especially considering that this is an old game.
    3. Lack of AI interaction with each-other in terms of planet battles, like squad vs squad skirmishes, & mini-wars for territory on the ground. This is nonexistent which makes the game feel kinda of dead on planets. If these AI's are enemies shouldn't we see them battle it out on the ground/planets? This needs to be combined with a lose or gain of territory after certain skirmishes & battles.

Westworld likes this.
  8. teammate

teammate Ensign

Westworld, Fenris and Wellingtoon like this.
  9. Westworld

Westworld Commander

Short List:

1) Bad hitboxes on environment props vs weapon fire (seems to be a more recent issue)
    2) Enemies getting stuck inside blocks
    3) Lack of round and curved blocks for building smooth curved designs.

Jacoviz and Wellingtoon like this.
  10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Had a great example of this recently. Trying to shoot a motion sensor, but somehow hit two devices on the opposite wall. :|

Really wish they could fix that one.

Wellingtoon and Myrmidon like this.
  11. ZombieWhisperer

ZombieWhisperer Ensign

I don't like it that the hover bike keeps nose diving into the ground
    I'd like to see more shooting animations
    if it's not in the game, possibly see ur armor take damage over time and have to repair it or space tape it

12. Pembroke

Pembroke Commander

That indeed is already in the game. It's the "durability" value in the stats if you hover over the armor item. It goes down as you get hit and the lower it gets the less the armor protects you. You can repair it with the repair device. Happens to your weapons, too. When you shoot with them their durability decreases slightly. They, too, can be repaired.

Though, if I remember right, items getting damaged by use was also a difficulty option choice so could be you have it off if you are not seeing it happening? Should be "on" by default, I think.

13. me777

me777 Commander

- broken collisions:
    "Invisible walls" blocking me from looting ship wrecks (especially bad with drifting wrecks), npc cliping into walls and shot thru walls.

-Shield on enemy ship charging, even when all generators are killed

-no love for modders:
    like control constructors, add own constructors, add turets, change ai ...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    AlterDraconis likes this.
  14. rollinshultz

rollinshultz Ensign

Myt top three:
    1. Lighting - the helmet light illuminates the inside of a stucture just fine but when mining what happens, doe the ground suck away the photons or what? I dig a tunnel for a little distance for various reaasons such as a creature doesn't kill me while I'm drone mining but can't see to leave at all.
    Lighting period sucks generally as in lighting inside of ships and bases. Even when lights are dialed to maximum they illuminate very poorly.
    2. The lack of notifications from IDA which seems to know everything that is happening but doesn't tell me when a hostile faction is outside bombing the crap out os my ship.
    3. On that note if the only resources available are in enemy faction territory and I must steal said resources, how do they know I'm there if I tunnel in from outside their territory? There is no stealth factor. It brings a whole new level of meaning to "caught in the act".

15. Zebron

Zebron Lieutenant

1. No ability to move around in moving ships. Would like to walk around my CV while it is flying to a distant asteroid or a distant moon.

2. Limited Gear modifications. Would like to see more mods on gear.

3. No npc companions to follow you around. Space can get lonely sometimes be cool if you could tame a animal to have as a pet. Or raise one as a youngling.