[TOOL] EAH | Empyrion Admin Helper v1.61.x

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Draynor

Draynor Ensign

Whats the trick to installing EAH on my local computer while the Empyrion server is hosted by G-portal? when i install and fire up EAH for the first time on my computer it asks if server is here or remote.. i choose remote. then it asks for IP and port. I fill those in. then it never connects.
    Am I missing something? I see EAH in the folders on Gportal. Does Gportal need to do something to activate on that side also? Or am I missing a setup step here somewhere?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You have to ask gportal if they even support this. If they do they need to give you the connection info

3. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Check the settings in the Discord Developer Dashboard, you need to turn some of those intents on for it to work now

4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Hey everyone,

here is a smal fix to increase performance/stability, especially on larger server.

Enjoy!

Patch notes - 1.60.1.0 (Game Version >=1.8.x)

Remember to stop the server, start the tool and then start the server to apply the Update.
    If you start a new game also make sure to restart the tool after you started the game the first time.
    Please turn off Autban before you update the tool or start the server. Then check for a few hours if the Cheater Check marks people yellow (Extreme = They would get banned) without reason. If so, please let us know and do not turn on AutoBan. If everything is ok, you can turn on AutoBan.
    In case you are using a slave tool: Be aware that using this version only works if you update master and slave!
    This Version will be available over steam and via manual download.

• Add: Some under the hood changes for more stability
    • Fix: Processing structures in Multi-Threading caused performance issues

Taelyn, teakeycee and RexXxuS like this.
  5. Trenial

Trenial Ensign

Yeah completely started over, fresh bot token, everything in-game is sent to discord successfully: Faction Chat, Global Chat, and any Alert context events to the Admin Channel. However when anyone speaks now in Discord, it will show up in EAH, but the message sent is blank, and a ~~~~~~~~~~~~ line is all that appears in-game. I've kicked, reinvited, reauthorized, retagged the bot, full admin rights. No go. I am stumped.

6. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    As i said you need to turn the intents on :) Discord has send several notification about this change to everyone the past few months :)

Make sure it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Trenial likes this.
  7. Trenial

Trenial Ensign

My bad, it has been a few years since I developed a bot and was not aware of the new Intents system. I clicked that on, and it instantly resolved. Everything is working. Thank you Taelyn, you must have to put up with the same endless questions. It would be beneficial if the EAH Manual referenced a newer bot setup guide than the one it currently has. Thanks again bro!

Taelyn likes this.
  8. me777

me777 Commander

I have a little troubble with eah... when I click on Config->Game it does not open, but gives the atached error.
    Maybe its something with the scenario not being parsed right? (I also dont see the icons for scenario items in player inventory)
    I use reforged eden scenario and also the empyrion scripting mod.

[​IMG]

9. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You have the option DiffEnemySpawnRate in the GameOptions.yaml. This is not a valid option

10. me777

me777 Commander

Thank You.
    Just removing that one option in the save fixed it.
    Must have been added by one of the management dashboards the save has seen... (the save is so old it was on like 3 different server hoster bevore)

11. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Hey guys,

here is a smal update for the Empyrion V1.9

Enjoy!

Patch notes - 1.60.2.0 (Game Version >=1.9.x)
    Remember to stop the server, start the tool and then start the server to apply the Update.
    If you start a new game also make sure to restart the tool after you started the game the first time.
    Please turn off Autban before you update the tool or start the server. Then check for a few hours if the Cheater Check marks people yellow (Extreme = They would get banned) without reason. If so, please let us know and do not turn on AutoBan. If everything is ok, you can turn on AutoBan.
    In case you are using a slave tool: Be aware that using this version only works if you update master and slave!
    This Version will be available over steam and via manual download.

• Add: Automatic Discord Restart function
    • Fix: Discord crashes

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    Germanicus and Taelyn like this.
  12. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Discord not connecting for me again. I have the Message Content Intent on. Was working fine the day but seem to have died over night did not show up when I did shutdown of the server and then of course since the update.

13. Frogger60

Frogger60 Ensign

Hey all, I was hoping someone could give me some information with regards to EAH and renting a server. My mates and I recently rented a server to run Reforged Eden on and wanted to get EAH running on it, simply for the Chat Bot to help players with ships getting stuck and the one time survival kit among other things, however the server we rented didn't give us direct access to the dedicated.yami file through the FTP login, instead allowing us to edit it on their webpage. We have since canceled our subscription and are thinking of moving to Nitrous Networks, do in part to some other issues, but wanted to find some things out about how EAH would run.

Does EAH make any changes to the server's executable? Is there anyway to run EAH on the server if we (again) don't have direct access to where the dedicated.yami file is located, but are able to edit it in other ways? Is there a way to install/run just the ChatBot on the server if all else fails?

Any information or help would be amazing thank you!

14. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    No

No, some hosters provide a Master/Slave setup but not all do. if they dont then EAH wont work without using LITE
    LITE is very limited in what it can do

You would need to write your own mod then

15. Frogger60

Frogger60 Ensign

Hey thanks very much for the help! Running into some issues however, we have rented a server on Nitrous Networks, but are struggling with getting EAH to work correctly. We are able to connect to the FTP and as far as we can see it is picking up and changing the necessary things, but when the server is running, EAH doesn't seem to connect to it. We can't get Chat Bot to work either, really not sure what we are doing wrong. We did notice that it seems the FTP has all of the EAH files under DedicatedServer. The power button on EAH is red and clicking it doesn't seem to do anything, so I don't think it is connecting correctly. Not sure what it is that we are missing. Any help would be amazing!

16. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Check if your telnet connection is set up correct. Without EAH Lite wont work

17. Frogger60

Frogger60 Ensign

We don't have a Telnet connection, the IP for the FTP and the server are the same, just with a different port. It seems to sort of connected, as it has us as players listed, but it doesn't show it up to date.

18. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    As i said without telnet EAH Lite will not function
    You can turn it on in the Dedicated.yaml. But if your hoster is blocking it, then you would need to ask for to forward it

19. Frogger60

Frogger60 Ensign

Ah my mistake, it looks like the server does indeed have a Telnet port setup, just had to create a password for it and enable it. Seems everything is working correctly, except for the CB:Survival command, it states that it needs to be enabled, but we have been unable to find where to enable it. All of the CB commands don't seem to be working. Not sure why, they are enabled on EAH.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    Taelyn likes this.
  20. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You dont enable it. You need to create a survival.xml file in the template folder with items you want to give out.
    Or set the Survival Money in the Chat Bot options.

But iam not sure if CB:Survival will work, since the Items are given with an API Call.
    The Suvival Money in the Chat Bot options might work tho

EAH Lite does not have access to the API